• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Season

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm rooting for the Cardinals. Fuck Boston and Los Angeles. Two enormous market cities that hog ESPN and pretty much represent everything I hate about sports. Detroit is a shithole. St. Louis is a shithole as well, but it's a smaller shithole. Plus a sizable amount of their talent is homegrown. The Tigers, like all other large market teams, bought their way this far.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much for me to root for either, except a 4-and-done for the Cardinals.
I'd rather root for the space aliens.

Boston makes me want to gag and I can't bear another story about how "downtrodden Detroit" really needed this to restore their "morale."

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St.Louis is the biggest of the small market teams. They have a solid organization, and the top farm in MLB. They also have a quarter of a billion dollars they aren't paying to Pujols, and will probably lose Caroenter and Beltrans salary soon, if they want...they could still make a bid for Cano ( no one is giving $300M) or other high priced help, should they decide to go that way...no offense (pun intended), but the Teds probably don't have the cash to keep Choo OR Arroyo.

The Reds HOPE that Hamilton can hit, and Cozart and Frazier and Mesoraco can hit better, and Cingrani can pitch all year. The Cardinals HAVE SEEN young players perform at length, and have a few plan B's in waiting just in case. The Cardinals can change managers and players and win big just the same, doing it the same basic way. The Reds hope to change managers and win big for the first time in a couple decades.
The Cardinals have LHSP, and the Reds are trying to get one in the rotation full time.

There are several differences in the two teams. These are just a few.

Money isn't everything, but it makes all bad things better, quicker. That us a difference the Reds are limited at solving...Cardinals, not so much.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not over yet, but the team actually starting a LHSP (Redsox-Lester) are ahead 3-2. Just can't convince me that 90% of the WS winners over the last 50 years having a LHSP is a coincidence.