• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Season

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Votto and Phillips the guys they just invested all that money are a combined 0 for 8. Some leaders we have, couldn't agree more 03, it's ridiculous. They've lacked any sense of urgency the last couple of weeks in the season.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't intend to invest any more emotional energy in this operation. I feel like I have been insulted and I would guess that the gains this team made in attendance this year will be quickly offset by a lack of off-season ticket sales if Baker and Jacoby are retained. The front office can pretend the fans don't know anything but the fact is, when everybody I talk to or ever blog or forum I read -- they all say the same thing. That can't just be a coincidence. The Reds are going to have a real hard time selling this crap off next year and pretending it was just a bad break.

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changes have to be made John that's for sure. I honestly don't know how much more I can take seeing this lifeless offense for 3 straight playoff appearances.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, tonight up to the 8th, Dusty hasn't gaffed. Spudwick has about half the hits. BP has done a disappearing act, as has Votto and Bruce, and Johnny Cueto may have a lot of heart, but he left that change up hanging too much. Marshall couldn't throw a strike, and Ondrusek seems like he gives up a homer pretty often lately.

As I stated earlier, this team didnt really lose tonight, the started losing about 3 weeks ago. Urgency isn't this teams thing, you know ? It's a foreign concept. You play like you prepare, and this team just is never prepared to be great, on a large stage.

I don't know if it will be better or worse, but this team will probably be different next year. Nothing is ever static. Personnel changes, as does opportunity. Im bummed, but not as much as I was back when the Reds were 15 games behind when they used to quit in September.

Im frustrated with the lack of urgency, saddened by the apparent loss of focus, embarrassed ar the underperformance, and puzzled by the lack of emotion.

Experience ? Is there a Pirates player other than Martin and Burnett that have ever been in post season ? Losing in post season the way the Reds have, apparently doesn't teach them a damned thing about how to win there.

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as last year does, but I'm more frustrated than anything rather than completely shocked and disappointed.

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess in other words, Go Buckeyes and Go Bengals, lol.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good night boys...bet we all sleep better than the Reds will.

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah Dusty will sleep good knowing he has another chance next year to torture Reds fans for another year.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's interesting that we think personnel changes will matter.
Look at Choo. He came in in April and immediately made a difference. As the season wore on, his contributions mattered less and less and less and less ... the guy with the 2nd-highest OBP in the majors was part of an offense that was lucky to score 2 runs a game -- often getting as few as 2 HITS A GAME.

This is the sort of player who, given enough time under the dugout dumfucks, will eventually just drift into another guy who plays out the season, too weary to get excited about a playoff.

he hit a home run tonight in an at-bat that didn't matter any more than the fifth one of the season.

Just an example of how this team was managed into the ground. Ludwick was supposed to come back and revitalize the offense. All he did was piss off the fans.

Cueto wasn't ready to pitch and he knew it. So did Dumbfuck Dusty.
Latos was ready. Latos was told to develop "bone chips" in his elbow.

What a fucking joke.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but this is all on Dusty. As the manager you need to be the one that makes this talent excel. This though is a typical Dusty Baker team where he takes over a team loaded with talent and then the team progressively gets worse year after year. Its quite obvious many on this team didn't even seem to care if they won or lost this game and that is the manager.

Dusty has to be gone and starting Cueto should be the icing on the cake. In a must win game he starts a guy that has hardly even pitched this season.. As a payer like Votto or Bruce you say "What the hell is he doing."

Just sad watching what Dusty has done with all this talent.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DustMop is an idiot, will always be an idiot, and needs to take his ass to another town. I don't care what the fuck he does. Hey go sell OblunderCare just get the fuck out of Cincy where you have royally fucked up a very talented team. In a game like today, which a good manager would never let this team be in this position, I would have shocked the world and put Chapman on the mound and pitched him as a starter and said OK--now hit him. And yes, Billy Hamilton would have played somewhere. 2 very talented guys who never even got on the field. In a lose and go home game, you pull out all stops. Pitching Cueto was not the right decision. What flabbergasts me here is how Dustmop dissed the pitchers who got him here. Again, more inconsistency from the biggest of all losers. They must fire the idiot now--I don't see how in the world you keep a baffoon of this magnitude. I won't waste my time watching any club this retard is associated with in the future.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds could easily drop to 4th place next year if Milwaukee is as good as they can be. And they were not as bad as they seemed.

Baker has wrecked this franchise with his absurd philosophy.

BuckBearcat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sparky got fired for finishing 2nd in the division 2 years in a row, both times to the NL team that made the World Series, after coming off back to back world championships.

Dusty wins a couple division titles and makes the playoffs 3 out of 4 years (in an expanded format), but flames out in the post season, going 2-8, and he gets retained? Madness.

The likelyhood of me making any 200 mile round trips from Columbus to see a game just dropped dramatically if Dustmop really comes back.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to be honest, I just don't know if I can continue to put my time, money, and heart into this team under Dusty Baker. It's the same story every year. They can't win under pressure. It's embarrassing to look at the records the Reds have established over the past couple of postseasons for things you DON'T want to have records for. Embarrassing - that really is the predominant word I would use to describe the postseason Reds of recent years. I'd almost rather not make the playoffs than to see this sorry bunch humiliate themselves, their fans, and their city on national tv all over again. It's just so clear that the Reds will continue in the same directionless mediocrity as long as Dusty Baker is manager. I don't know how much longer I can take it.

Don't get me wrong, Dusty Baker isn't the only thing that's wrong with this team. The leaders of the team, Votto, Bruce, and Phillips, have been dogging it for weeks. It's unfair. Unfair to the fans and unfair to their younger teammates who, while less talented, are still putting in the effort. But all you have to do is look at the facial expressions of every player on the team over the past couple of weeks to know that Dusty is not the man you want leading a team into the playoffs. Lack of urgency, lack of accountability, and lack of baseball intelligence permeate this team.

The city of Cincinnati and Reds fans all over deserve better.

Dusty Baker has got to be a better manager than Bobby Valentine!

I watched that idiot mis-manage my Red Sox last year. Don't get me started on how many things he did wrong!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we don't want Bobby Valentine either.

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Valentine is a classic example of "it could be worse," but it sure as hell can't be MUCH worse...

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Valentine is a classic example of "it could be worse," but it sure as hell can't be MUCH worse...

Larry Bowa was the worst in recent memory.
Or Mike Quade.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Boone was bad. Mackanin was a eunuch. Valentine is a fraud.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hopes of a small market team in the big show are finished this year.

Detroit-Boston, St.Louis-LAD are all that's left... Now, we get to listen to McCarver drone on and on about the Cardinals- who will be selling themselves as a small market team- until the Cards are eliminated or McCarver retires ( thankfully after this year).

I'm reduced to half heartedly rooting for the Dodgers, because I can't stomach the Cardinals, and cpuldnt give a damn about the AL winner...who IMO, are both lineups of PED poster boys.