• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Here If You Think the CFP is Rigged

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree.

The way you talk about Kentucky "only losing by 1" though it seems like you think NW was some great B1G team

Hell they lost 41-17 to Duke OOC. They are an average team that got bolsted a few wins via weak schedule.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way you talk about Kentucky "only losing by 1" though it seems like you think NW was some great B1G team

Hell they lost to Duke OOC. They are an average team that got bolsted a few wins via weak schedule.

They were ranked.

Kentucky was 7-5.

They matched up only because the SEC had 2 teams in the playoffs and the Big10 had 0.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans are competitive and will fight for another place up in the rankings, whether it is from 26th to 25th, or 5th to 4th. The problem is that competitiveness doesn't change anything. Right now Georgia and Alabama are 1 and 2. All that matters at this point. Onto the CFP game and 2018.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how SoS metrics work.

It tells me you are focusing on specific games and applying more weight to it than others in order to meet your own biased agenda.

And that is why I rely on formulas instead.

But we all saw the #1 team in the nation get its ass handed to them by Bama. Teams that start at the top tend to stay at the top while other teams have to work their asses off to even get close. Why was Clemson ranked so high and why did they stay that high? It's all just guess-work. But this is all beside the point. I don't wanna argue that Bama isn't good. I just wanted to see what UCF could have done.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we all saw the #1 team in the nation get its ass handed to them by Bama. Teams that start at the top tend to stay at the top while other teams have to work their asses off to even get close. Why was Clemson ranked so high and why did they stay that high? It's all just guess-work. But this is all beside the point. I don't wanna argue that Bama isn't good. I just wanted to see what UCF could have done.

Because Clemson beat a bunch of good teams, Auburn among them, and only had 1 loss.

Washington and Michigan St managed to make the playoffs.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were ranked.

Kentucky was 7-5.

They matched up only because the SEC had 2 teams in the playoffs and the Big10 had 0.

We sent 8 fucking teams to bowl games. If a team had a pulse they got an invite to somewhere. I heard yesterday that there was this big deal about a simulated game between Bama and OSU. Why does anyone give a shit about the 4th and 5th ranked teams? I'm guessing we'll be expanding the playoffs VERY soon. We've had arguments about the merits of teams since this started.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We sent 8 fucking teams to bowl games. If a team had a pulse they got an invite to somewhere. I heard yesterday that there was this big deal about a simulated game between Bama and OSU. Why does anyone give a shit about the 4th and 5th ranked teams? I'm guessing we'll be expanding the playoffs VERY soon. We've had arguments about the merits of teams since this started.

My favorite arguments are "Auburn lost to UCF because they didnt want to be there"......Finebaum himself used this the other day.

I'm sure Ohio State "didnt really want to be" in the Cotton bowl this year, or in the Fiesta against Notre Dame in 15.....they still showed up and won though.

There's always some blanket excuse reserved only for SEC teams when they lose bowl games.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They aren't expanding anytime in the near future.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite arguments are "Auburn lost to UCF because they didnt want to be there"......Finebaum himself used this the other day.

I'm sure Ohio State "didnt really want to be" in the Cotton bowl this year, or in the Fiesta against Notre Dame in 15.....they still showed up and won though.

Right.. and that's the thing. Anyone who has ever played sports knows that's not the case. You don't show up and let the other team win the prove a point.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right.. and that's the thing. Anyone who has ever played sports knows that's not the case. You don't show up and let the other team win the prove a point.

Exactly.

That excuse almost exclusively only gets used for SEC teams by pundits too.......it's like they are the only conference who decides not to show up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, the playoffs have a pecking order. If Ohio St had went to the playoffs, Wisconsin would have played USC and everyone else in the Big10 gets shifted up into a more difficult team(usually). So the Big10 teams would have all played harder teams, except the half that played Pac12 teams, because they didn't send a team to the playoffs each.

Since the SEC had 2 teams in the playoff, it means Kentucky was shifted up 2 spots and that's how you get a 9-3 Northwestern vs 7-5 Kentucky.

In other words, your bowl record was a result of.....Easy SoS.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this level of competition, you begin winning and losing the game before the game is even started. If you don't properly prep and you go out to party instead of prepping because you think it's an easy win - when it comes game time you get your head slapped. At that point, it doesn't matter how much you want to win because you didn't EARN it in the prep.

And that's also how Ohio St got slapped around by Iowa.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the playoffs have a pecking order. If Ohio St had went to the playoffs, Wisconsin would have played USC and everyone else in the Big10 gets shifted up into a more difficult team(usually). So the Big10 teams would have all played harder teams, except the half that played Pac12 teams, because they didn't send a team to the playoffs each.

Since the SEC had 2 teams in the playoff, it means Kentucky was shifted up 2 spots and that's how you get a 9-3 Northwestern vs 7-5 Kentucky.

In other words, your bowl record was a result of.....Easy SoS.

I like how SEC fans are now using the "everyone else got bumped up" excuse.

This is exactly why The B1G struggled in bowls much of the BCS era, always having multiple teams in BCS Bowls and everyone else getting bumped up......and they used that to "prove" that the B1G sucked as well.

Hilarious that bowl records dont matter all of a sudden cause the SEC actually got put into a tougher bowl schedule for a change

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how SEC fans are now using the "everyone else got bumped up" excuse.

This is exactly why The B1G struggled in bowls much of the BCS era, always having multiple teams in BCS Bowls and everyone else getting bumped up......and they used that to "prove" that the B1G sucked as well.

Ummm it's only teams that make the playoffs/BCSNCG that would have gotten a bumped up.

And since the SEC won it damn near every year for awhile there, I'm going to guess it happened to the SEC quite a bit more often.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Clemson beat a bunch of good teams, Auburn among them, and only had 1 loss.

Washington and Michigan St managed to make the playoffs.

One of those good teams being Miami. I watched Clemson play a few times and really was sold.. really wasn't sold on Miami. When OSU played Wisc I thought they were in trouble w/Miami because our receivers were so much faster than Wisc's DBs.. but JT couldn't hit any of them. :tsk: We saw this with FSU a few years ago. Sometimes teams aren't as great as we think.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm it's only teams that make the playoffs/BCSNCG that would have gotten a bumped up.

And since the SEC won it damn near every year for awhile there, I'm going to guess it happened to the SEC quite a bit more often.

So bowl records dont matter now because the SEC had a bad year, thats basically exactly what youre trying to say.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those good teams being Miami. I watched Clemson play a few times and really was sold.. really wasn't sold on Miami. When OSU played Wisc I thought they were in trouble w/Miami because our receivers were so much faster than Wisc's DBs.. but JT couldn't hit any of them. :tsk: We saw this with FSU a few years ago. Sometimes teams aren't as great as we think.

It's college football, everyone sucks and has holes.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bowl records dont matter now because the SEC had a bad year, thats basically exactly what youre trying to say.

How did the SEC have a bad year in the bowl games?

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

That excuse almost exclusively only gets used for SEC teams by pundits too.......it's like they are the only conference who decides not to show up.

That was said with OU vs Bama some odd years ago. But go tell Saban he didn't give a shit if his team won or lost.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasnt sold on Clemson all year, saw them getting clobbered by Bama coming all the way

The dropoff from Watson to Bryant was astronomical, they won their games but were pretty underwhelming most of the time.

They caught Auburn early in the year before they got it going (won a slop fest) and FSU/Louisville dropped off quite a bit from last year.