• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Popular Bands You Don't Like

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U2 used to be so awesome IMO. For me War, Joshua Tree, and Achtung Baby are all timeless.

After that they went to shit. I do like "Beautiful Day" though. Great family roadtrip tune.

But Tom Petty Full Moon Fever is the ultimate family road trip album. Love that album.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U2 Electrical Storm is awesome.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exile on Main Street is a must for any Rock and Roll enthusiast

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention of Pink Floyd??

For shame!

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he's/they're still around but Dave Matthews Band. I do not like Dave Matthews Band.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of most mentioned and I don't understand why people like Kenny Chesney, Dave Matthews and even Jimmy Buffett.

Then explain to me why people like Mumford and Sons I tried to listen and I don't understand why people like them?

Jimmy Buffett is a good call. I don't understand his popularity at all.

I'm completely sick of the radio hits for most bands (GnR, AC/DC, Nirvana, Pearl Jam). But I still love listening to say, Appetite for Destruction. I just forward to the next song once Sweet Child O Mine or Paradise City comes on.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Led Zeppelin and Rush. Both singers have these awful voices (esp Rush) and despite clearly being talented, I can't tolerate listening to them. Two songs in a row would kill me.

I can do "Fly by Night" if I'm in the right mood for Rush...that's it.

Zeppelin, well, it's hard not to kind of appreciate "Stairway". After that, it's a few cool riffs, but then I just don't get it.

:wtf2:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated = Dave Mathews, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan

Dylan was an amazing writer but his voice is like Rosie O'Donnell's nails on a chalkboard.

I liked Pearl Jam a little bit but they are still overrated. I don't get all the hate for AC/DC, you have to appreciate them for what they are, good drinking music. Not great musicians but the Bon Scott years were awesome.

Joshua Tree was a great album, other than that I've never been a huge U2 fan, I liked REM for a few minutes 20 years ago another band I liked back then is Smashing Pumpkins, not everyone seems to like them.

I am in complete shock at how anyone could not like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is definitely not a thread for me… From the first couple pages I have disagreed with more people than I have in 2 years on the hoop. To each their own I guess!

Bands I love that most of you hate: Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Nirvana, Bob Dylan

How can you not like any of these three? Each one of them had an everlasting impact on the music scene. You could ask any single one of your favorite bands post dating these 3 about who their idols were, and you will most likely hear one of those bands. I could understand the AC/DC one more because their music all sounds alike, but I still love them! But seriously people, hearing that you guys hate them makes me feel like I'm posting to a site of a bunch of 10-year olds, which I know isn't the case. Maybe the opposite, a bunch of 80-year olds :noidea:

Bands I agree are overrated: Beatles, U2, Rush, Pink Floyd

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Beattles. I'm probably in the minority here, but don't like them at all.

Can't stand the Beatles. The only reason they reached such heights in popularity is due to the music scene need a new sound that differentiated from the good, wholesome tunes prior to the 50's. The media pushed them over the top. The same could be said about Elvis Presley. The machine makes money. They were easy acts to sell.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"1st person that says they don't like Creedence is banned."

The Dude

:lebowski:

That person needs to get the duck out if they slander the good name of CCR! Still one of the best concerts I have ever seen! I go apetits for nearly half of their songs!

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several bands that people hate that I just absolutely love. Led Zep still gives me chills and rush puts on a really good show. Saw the Steve miller band at a local venue which was not too bad. I would love to see the eagles again as well! I can't stand the stupid music kids listen to today. Disney is responsible for all of this nonsense!

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LZ is my favorite band ever but I do understand if people are sick of them. BUT.........as someone else said, you have to listen to their other songs that aren't played on the radio. To me, they were and still are the most talented band ever. An All-Star band if you will. Songs like Black Dog and Stairway......who needs to ever listen to them when we all have every note branded into our brains by now? That's another reason why I hate "Classic Rock' stations.

Bands I dislike very much: AC/DC(they aren't HEAVY no matter what anyone thinks), Jimmy Buffet(I want to smash his face into a moving train), Phish(Goddamn hippies!) just to name a few.

Give me some Pantera, Se7endust, 311, RATM, non-radio LZ, Deftones, 90s Korn, Motley Crue and even throw in some GnR!

Basically what I am saying is what I like is cool and stuff I don't like is ghey! :noidea:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lennon was a great writer, I think most of you are talking about early Beatles stuff that they were making for the radio. Later on they got much more creative and used a lot more tools in the studio.

Since when does Nirvana = radio hits? I'm confused lol.