• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: Who trades a first rounder for Foles first?

Who trades a first for Foles first?

• Jaguars (Blake Bortles is drunk right now)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get your point, but foles has a career rating of nearly 88. cassels like 78.

foles can play. is he what he was for the eagles this year? who knows? is he better than 10-15 other starting QB's in the NFL?

maybe.
he can fit somewhere as a starter, that's for sure. It's the same for Cousins when he was backing up RG3. Once he was given a chance, he showed what he could do. The same can be said for Foles.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: if you find some stats showing that SB winning QBs like Foles and Hostetler have a chance of becoming starters, because they performed as well as some good starters, and some that later bombed...that's actually an argument that desperate teams WILL want them as QBs. They will take that chance!

People twice took a chance on Bradford because he threw a nice ball, even though he had done jack shit in the NFL! And he had been injured multiple times! They took a chance on Brock freaking Osweiler because he was big and looked the part! They took a chance on Alex Smith because he could win regular season games! Someone traded for Jacoby Brisett!

It's a QB starved league and these mofos are THIRSTY.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns DID offer a first for Jimmy G, reportedly, but the Pats wanted him out of the conference and he would not sign with Cleveland.
Yeah, good old reportedly...
Pats would have been absolute morons to pass on a #1 from Cle. I'm sure the Pats were trembling at what the Browns would do to their dynasty with Jimmy G at the helm. And wouldn't they want this new juggernaut to give Pitts a loss or two and give themselves HFA?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are quoting Scott Kacsmar, you are losing my friend.

Scott btw was a regular on our old board, KFFL, before he became a media guy. He is just like us, some dude selectively massaging stats to make his arguments. He was notorious for this on that board, I think against Brady if I remember correctly.
Erm, sure, but he's not nearly as lazy as i am about researching this kind of stuff. It's not at all fake news or whatever you're implying. If you don't like the comparison, fine. Reasonable people can disagree, to say there's no comparison is just denial.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line: if you find some stats showing that SB winning QBs like Foles and Hostetler have a chance of becoming starters, because they performed as well as some good starters, and some that later bombed...that's actually an argument that desperate teams WILL want them as QBs. They will take that chance!

People twice took a chance on Bradford because he threw a nice ball, even though he had done jack shit in the NFL! And he had been injured multiple times! They took a chance on Brock freaking Osweiler because he was big and looked the part! They took a chance on Alex Smith because he could win regular season games! Someone traded for Jacoby Brisett!

It may hurt my brain, but a team may well indeed hand out 2nds. Giving out a 1st in a class with a bunch of QB's the NFL likes is craziness.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily agree with that. Last season was a great year for rookie and back up QBs. Shit, Minnesota had 3 QBs that could have started somewhere. Fitzpatrick had a good season with the Jets. Foles won a dang SB! I mean, there were plenty of opportunities for QBs to step up and they did a pretty good job doing so.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not worth giving him up for what someone will be willing to pay. Philly is in a great situation. As they've said for 3 years now, "they are in the business of having a lot of capable QBs."

Every year some nitwits think they have too many resources in the position and every year Philly says "shut the Fuck up, ignorant public."

Now they are proven right after winning it all with their very capable backup - whom the ignorant public said they overpaid for - and people still don't get it :lol:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he threw for 27/2. one of the all time great TD/INT ratios.

the probowl is just further proof of that.
He also followed that up with two 10 INT seasons with over a 3% INT rate:eek:

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he played nearly as well as 27:2 would suggest that year and Chip Kelly has a QB friendly offense. The fact he has never come close to repeating it (without some hysterical imagination from this postseason) should dissuade anyone from taking that seriously as anything but an outlier. It's like pointing out Cassel's TD:INT ratio in 2010 and telling me he was good; no, he was trash then too but had external factors and good fortune boosting his numbers.
Did you watch the SB? I saw a pretty darn good QB. The draft is a crapshoot. You could get Peyton or you coud get Alex Smith at no.1. Nick Foles got screwed by Kelly. He never showed any kind of support for Foles even when he was throwing the 27 TD's. Most Eagles fans were pissed that they traded him.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also followed that up with two 10 INT seasons with over a 3% INT rate:eek:
yup. and he was 6-2 before chip sat him for sanchez, who went 4-4.

8 games of foles, teams 6-2, he throws 13/10
8 games of sanchez, they go 4-4, he throws 14/11

i blame chip.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the SB? I saw a pretty darn good QB. The draft is a crapshoot. You could get Peyton or you coud get Alex Smith at no.1. Nick Foles got screwed by Kelly. He never showed any kind of support for Foles even when he was throwing the 27 TD's. Most Eagles fans were pissed that they traded him.
Sure- looked pretty similar to other times he has played bad defenses. The NFCCG was infinitely more inpressive than the SB. I remember him lighting the Colts up too last year, he immediately shit the bed against the Jags, however.

Schematically there was a lot of support in that the amount of processing for Foles was very low. Once teams adjusted, his flaws re-asserted themselves into the numbers. Henceforth outside of easy circumstances for the most part and the weird anomaly here and there. Did Kelly develop Foles? Not really. Did his scheme help? For a time, yes it did.

Eagles fans also said Bradford> Foles by about November of that season... fans gonna fan. 1 game (or 2-3) ought to change nothing. Nobody has ever said Foles hasn't produced good games. I am just saying don't ignore the bad (which I think there's more of) either.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. and he was 6-2 before chip sat him for sanchez, who went 4-4.

8 games of foles, teams 6-2, he throws 13/10
8 games of sanchez, they go 4-4, he throws 14/11

i blame chip.
Not sure how comparing Foles and Sanchez matters? But, I'll play along.

If Chip didn't sit Foles, he was on pace for a 26 TD/ 20 INT season. Chip may have saved his career?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how comparing Foles and Sanchez matters? But, I'll play along.

If Chip didn't sit Foles, he was on pace for a 26 TD/ 20 INT season. Chip may have saved his career?
and the eagles were on pace to go 12-4.

chip didnt do him any favors. that offense sucked.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys need my help with football stuff and stuff?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt read, but I feel Buffalo makes a lotta sense considering their cap situation and loads of drafts picks

I still would never do a first rounder
Would be hilarious if they traded down to not pick Mahomes or Watson and then pay through the nose and rectum for Foles. But... a 1st round pick is quite unlikely.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be hilarious if they traded down to not pick Mahomes or Watson and then pay through the nose and rectum for Foles. But... a 1st round pick is quite unlikely.

Ive never been a Taylor fan, last seasons moves to trade down will look far worse if they enter next season with him as their starting QB

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt read, but I feel Buffalo makes a lotta sense considering their cap situation and loads of drafts picks

I still would never do a first rounder

That's basically what the article says. They have a lot of picks in the top 100, and a clear need, so that makes them an obvious team to watch.

Or as Moose would say, "supposition".