• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: The Banner

Designing the Banner... Read the Instructions!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having trouble finding any good images of Seifert facing to the right but here are a couple. Can an image be flipped around?
George-Seifert.jpg
161874.gif

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobs, I see you have/are designing a few banners. I think you deserve credit and should sign each banner. I suggest your signature be a Penguin smoking a bong.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say screw it, leave Frank Gore! He will always be a Niner in my heart. If Harbaugh was still here I bet Gore would be too! Stupid front office!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say screw it, leave Frank Gore! He will always be a Niner in my heart. If Harbaugh was still here I bet Gore would be too! Stupid front office!

Gore does belong up there. I don't agree with your second point. For Gore, it was about his role on the team and his contract. The 49ers want to transition to Hyde and Gore was looking at a reduced role with a contract that reflected that. Indy offered Gore more money and will get more of an opportunity to play.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gore does belong up there. I don't agree with your second point. For Gore, it was about his role on the team and his contract. The 49ers want to transition to Hyde and Gore was looking at a reduced role with a contract that reflected that. Indy offered Gore more money and will get more of an opportunity to play.

Gore is a Colt now and that can't be helped. He will one day be back on this banner I think (as well as Willis) but it is about moving on for the moment. That being said ,I will still wear my Gore and Willis 9er jerseys with pride and be thankful for all that they sacrificed for this team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore is a Colt now and that can't be helped. He will one day be back on this banner I think (as well as Willis) but it is about moving on for the moment. That being said ,I will still wear my Gore and Willis 9er jerseys with pride and be thankful for all that they sacrificed for this team.

Montana became a Chief. Lott, Craig, and Rice became Raiders. Happens

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does and will again for sure but would you be okay with having a current player who plays for another team on the 9ers banner?

Actually, at this stage I am okay with it how the vote came out. Gotta cutoff suggestions at some point.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I'm back from my trip. Any ideas for the banner?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darken65, the people have spoken and agreed with you, it shoul be Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Steve Young, Ronnie Lott, and Seifert.

@DoobeeDoobeeDoo - I think it should be Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, and Jerry Rice, the trophies in the middle, then Ronnie Lott, Steve Young, and then Seifert. Coaches would be bookends, QBs next to each, and Rice with Montana.

If a 7th or 8th player is necessary, add Roger Craig and Bryant Young.

Thanks!

Sounds good to me. I know Seifert didn't get the votes but it makes sense to have him up there to even things out. If anyone objects just say so and we can debate a different angle. I would only add that I would like the trophys to be in the foreground now that there is room.

Hey guys, I'm back from my trip. Any ideas for the banner?
Pretty much what is stated in the bolded. I posted some picks you can look thru for Young and Seifert but if you can find better ones feel free. The rest of the players already have an image up there but might need to flipped (if that is possible) to face more toward the trophies. Any input you can give is welcomed. Thanks again for the help with this.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what is stated in the bolded. I posted some picks you can look thru for Young and Seifert but if you can find better ones feel free. The rest of the players already have an image up there but might need to flipped (if that is possible) to face more toward the trophies. Any input you can give is welcomed. Thanks again for the help with this.
I could do that, I'll try to come up with a background first tho, do you guys have any requests for that (stadia, logos, lettering, etc)?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could do that, I'll try to come up with a background first tho, do you guys have any requests for that (stadia, logos, lettering, etc)?
We never discussed the background so I'm not sure what others would want . I would prefer just the logo and the 49ers lettering but some may want a stadium shot. Could you put up a few and we can see what everyone thinks? I'd rather take the time to get it right.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, IMO if it is a stadium shot it should be of the Stick and not Levis. HOF theme so it just makes sense to me.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We never discussed the background so I'm not sure what others would want . I would prefer just the logo and the 49ers lettering but some may want a stadium shot. Could you put up a few and we can see what everyone thinks? I'd rather take the time to get it right.
Will do, I'll work on some concepts tonight and let you guys judge which one is the best.