• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ABC Admits Media Peddled ‘Fake News’ On Immigration, But Suggests It Was Worth It

From the liberal fake news dept and it’s judtification . Tell me ebb why I should trust the MSM again ?

Do you read what i post? When did i tell you to go watch Fox, MSNBC, and CNN? In fact i think i explicitly said they were all bad.

That said there are still reliable more mainstream news sources Im just not a fan of cable news.

And since this seems to be a sticking point for you. Ill ask you again - where specifically do you think i should be getting my news from?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Guardians Tally of the approximately 1001 people killed by police in 2015 in America 502 are white , 250 are black , 163 are Hispanic 18 were Asian /pacific , 13 American Indian and 54 other/unknown . Not only are these figures show that in real . numbers that whites are killed more often then police then blacks but when contrasted in proportion to the crimes rates of each group whites are in fact more likely to be killed then any other race . Of the 566 police related shootings so far this year 279 were white 136 were black .

Now the press and other " advocacy " groups will have you believe that police target. Minorities for execution. The above numbers don't bare that out at all . That doesn't mean that these shootings were justifiable . What these numbers suggest is that we are being mislead by people with ulterior motives

So as a proportion of the population blacks are still more likely to be killed by police. Got it.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spending the majority of a major "news" networks time covering Trumps medical report while there was another major active islamic terrorist attack at an Ariana Grande concert may not be fake per se but it is also not news.

IMO it totally fits the "fake news" bill

fake news is real and its out of control.... above is a great monologue on the subject by liberal Bill Maher

Thats probably something hard to prove and im sure it didnt happen to the extent you're making it seem but i buy it at a certain level.

For sure the media needs to be better. Fox, MSNBC, CNN are all happy to just gloss over the stories that make their sides look bad and zero in on the bad news about the other side.

But there are other places to get more trustworthy news.

I think ive seen that video in the past but i cant watch it right now. I think i agreed with him though.

Problem is...people use the fact that some media has biases to dismiss anything they dont wanna hear. It's a whole mess weve worked ourselves into. And nobody wants to ever admit that their side is wrong. Its just nonstop bitching about the other side. Nobody seems to care about the truth anymore.

People gotta stop viewing the other side as the enemy.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats probably something hard to prove and im sure it didnt happen to the extent you're making it seem but i buy it at a certain level.

For sure the media needs to be better. Fox, MSNBC, CNN are all happy to just gloss over the stories that make their sides look bad and zero in on the bad news about the other side.

But there are other places to get more trustworthy news.

I think ive seen that video in the past but i cant watch it right now. I think i agreed with him though.

Problem is...people use the fact that some media has biases to dismiss anything they dont wanna hear. It's a whole mess weve worked ourselves into. And nobody wants to ever admit that their side is wrong. Its just nonstop bitching about the other side. Nobody seems to care about the truth anymore.

People gotta stop viewing the other side as the enemy.

the problem is its not equal, at all.

Fox shouldnt even be lumped in with CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO, TIME anymore. Those once accredited organizations by some have gone so far off the deep end. They have been unhinged for 2 years but the slant has been bad for far longer.

Fox absolutely slants right. They also cover stories and topics that go against their right winged agenda instead of completely ignoring them or placing them way at the bottom of the fold. I think its a problem in the industry in general when Fox sets the ethical bar.

Obama was an absolutely terrible president. I think at this point its becoming harder and harder for people to defend the job he did, however he is not, yet at least, viewed in that light. One day he will be. Again MSM molding public perception, which is dangerous when they have self interests and agendas.

You can hate Trump irrationally all you want but its pretty hard to argue that he has at the least brought attention to the biasness and the perverted state American journalism has become and as a result has created more intelligent consumers.

'Media Malfeasance': Networks Stuck With Russia Story While UK Attack Unfolded, Concha Says

love him or hate him Jason Whitlock makes some really strong points about the current state of media/sports media

Jason Whitlock sounds off on 'liberal' sports media, whether Bill Simmons should return to ESPN

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everybody has ties like that. If it was just business ties he wouldnt be under investigation.

Nobody said praising dictators is illegal. Im saying its pathetic. And its something you wouldnt have tolerated from Obama.

The press has biases sure. But it goes both ways. Theres plenty of biased right wing news. Trump is heavily criticized by the press in large part because he does things worthy or criticism. The media has to report on what he does.

I dont think Russia meddled like they did in 2016 before no. I have no reason to believe that.

Saying theres "no evidence" is false. For one there has been plenty linking the campaign to Russian attempts to influence the election. Now whether trump is guilty of anything or not remains to be seen but hes currently under investigation. The evidence will come out when the imvestigation is complete. The fact that you havent seen the evidence does not mean that the evidence does not exist or hasnt already been found by Mueller.

Why is the premise wrong? You havent answered my question - would you tolerate all that from Obama?

Ahh ok now you're trying to deflect and avoid the question and just turn it into "but the democrats!"

Im not sure what Hillary has to do with what I asked you but no what she did wasnt ok. That said i dont think we can trust Trump with classified information at all either.

Also you seem to be very upset about press coverage of Trump during the campaign but a couple points on that..

1. Trump said a LOT of stupid shit while campaigning. If he didnt constantly say stupid shit the coverage wouldnt have been so negative.

2. Trump actually likely benefitted from all the free advertising he received from the media

3. Hillarys emails were a huuuuge story during the election so coverage of both candidates was frequently negative (which again - they both had nobody to blame but themselves for that).

The FBI and DOJ didnt rig an election thats complete BS.

A sitting president did not spy on an opposition campaign as you put it. Again - complete BS.

Where is your evidence that information was lied about to get the warrant?

I dont know how many times i have to tell you i dont watch MSM cable.

This investigation is legitimate as far as we know. When the investigation is complete we will see what they have uncovered. Maybe its nothing maybe itll be massively incriminating. Im comfortable waiting for a highly respected person like Robert Mueller to complete his legal investigation. Why do you feel the need to automatically discredit his investigation with little to no evidence? Its not partisanship and fear of what might happen if he completes his investigation is it?

show me your evidence , the FBI and the doj DID in fact try to rig the election , read the IG report the investigation is in fact bogus and has been from the start

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So as a proportion of the population blacks are still more likely to be killed by police. Got it.
negative read it again

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem is its not equal, at all.

Fox shouldnt even be lumped in with CNN, MSNBC, NYT, WAPO, TIME anymore. Those once accredited organizations by some have gone so far off the deep end. They have been unhinged for 2 years but the slant has been bad for far longer.

Fox absolutely slants right. They also cover stories and topics that go against their right winged agenda instead of completely ignoring them or placing them way at the bottom of the fold. I think its a problem in the industry in general when Fox sets the ethical bar.

Obama was an absolutely terrible president. I think at this point its becoming harder and harder for people to defend the job he did, however he is not, yet at least, viewed in that light. One day he will be. Again MSM molding public perception, which is dangerous when they have self interests and agendas.

You can hate Trump irrationally all you want but its pretty hard to argue that he has at the least brought attention to the biasness and the perverted state American journalism has become and as a result has created more intelligent consumers.

'Media Malfeasance': Networks Stuck With Russia Story While UK Attack Unfolded, Concha Says

love him or hate him Jason Whitlock makes some really strong points about the current state of media/sports media

Jason Whitlock sounds off on 'liberal' sports media, whether Bill Simmons should return to ESPN

I think Fox is easily on their level if not worse than a few of those. NYT and WAPO are much more credible than the rest of that bunch.

I dont think fox is setting any ethical bars. They are plenty happy to hide news they dont like behind stuff they do.

Idk what obama has to do with this but i dont have a strong obama opinion for you. My general idea is hes not as great as those who praise him and not as awful as those who hate him think.

Ive never said i hated trump and ive been pretty clear about all the rational reasons i have for thinking hes awful. Its not a short list.

But there was already attention on media bias. People already complained about that non stop. And trump isnt doing anything to help the issue. Trump is most certainly not creating more educated consumers of media.

That link you listed being from fox is a bit ironic.

And the one from whitlock...idk what the brilliant takeaways there were supposed to be.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me your evidence , the FBI and the doj DID in fact try to rig the election , read the IG report the investigation is in fact bogus and has been from the start

You're still ducking my question and the bulk of that post.

But anyways... no they didn't. If you want to make fantastical claims then you present the evidence. What do you have for me?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still ducking my question and the bulk of that post.

But anyways... no they didn't. If you want to make fantastical claims then you present the evidence. What do you have for me?

they exonerated her before interviewing her would be the start . the lead investigators made numerous anti trump /pro clinton statements . "we will stop him " . the tarmac meeting , comey saying he wont prosecute even though he had no such authority . changing 302's . changing wording to cover up a crime . that's my evidence

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read the whole thing again

You're really gonna make me do the math man?

% of population that is white = 62%
% of people killed by cops that are white = 50%

% of people that are black = 13%
% of people killed by cops that are black = 25%

So in conclusion...i was right.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they exonerated her before interviewing her would be the start . the lead investigators made numerous anti trump /pro clinton statements . "we will stop him " . the tarmac meeting , comey saying he wont prosecute even though he had no such authority . changing 302's . changing wording to cover up a crime . that's my evidence

Soooo not a serious claim. Cool thats what i thought.

The head of the FBI likely tanked her campaign right before the election but somehow its a conspiracy against Trump.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are such an angry black man. :D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listen here angry black man, this is incomplete. I am not saying you are wrong but you need the percentage of white cops to black cops. And really if you want to create a stat like that you should probably have percentage of white cops to black cops where someone was killed by a cop in each case …. and well you are smart … you know what I mean.

Please tell me you didn't say the NYT and Wapo are credible. My first choice for news would be the BBC or NPR. I was flipping between Fox News and CNN last night and laughing my ass off. It is all about clicks and viewer ratings.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying it was illegal but providing no proof for that claim. You cant just say things into existence.

Do we have reason to think they did?

Am i missing something? Nobody said it was ok for us to interfere in other countries elections.

I provided evidence. I showed the actual statute of ommission of evidence in an affidavit is perjury.

No but I have as much reason to believe it was illegally obtained as you do to say it wasn’t. Common sense would dictate no judge would give a warrant based on a foreign official being planted and paid for by an opposition candidate.

Where was the outrage when Obama interfered in Israel’s election? Where is the outrage when we place leaders of our choosing into other countries?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But we shouldn’t be talking blacks as a whole versus whites as a whole because the police typically deal with a very specific subset of the white and black population...unless you are saying there is no difference between a law abiding black person and a black criminal.

Look at the criminal populations and how they are dealt with.

Do blacks commit more crimes than white people? Let’s see if we can at least agree with this basic principle in this conversation.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen here angry black man, this is incomplete. I am not saying you are wrong but you need the percentage of white cops to black cops. And really if you want to create a stat like that you should probably have percentage of white cops to black cops where someone was killed by a cop in each case …. and well you are smart … you know what I mean.

Please tell me you didn't say the NYT and Wapo are credible. My first choice for news would be the BBC or NPR. I was flipping between Fox News and CNN last night and laughing my ass off. It is all about clicks and viewer ratings.

Oh for sure it's not the whole picture. No 1 statistic ever should be. But my statement was correct.

And yes I did say that. Ill agree with you on Fox and CNN though.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I provided evidence. I showed the actual statute of ommission of evidence in an affidavit is perjury.

No but I have as much reason to believe it was illegally obtained as you do to say it wasn’t. Common sense would dictate no judge would give a warrant based on a foreign official being planted and paid for by an opposition candidate.

Where was the outrage when Obama interfered in Israel’s election? Where is the outrage when we place leaders of our choosing into other countries?

But not evidence that that happened...

Not really. Common sense would dictate don't assume the warrant was illegal without evidence.

People are hypocrites duh. And assume we get to make decisions for the rest of the world. But you're just further highlighting how it's bad that russia did that, not that it wasn't a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.