• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing... Trump is partly the subject of this probe because Russia did meddle in our election process. Their meddling likely did help Trump (to a degree). And the reality is, if Trump or some one in his camp solicited Russia in this effort... party be damned.. this is something the American people deserve to know. NOw I honestly hope that they find Trump wasnt involved. Because to think the man with control of the Nuke Football was willing to work with a dictator to gain office, should scare the living shit out of all of us.

I do agree Russia meddled, but we should discuss what that means. We should also evaluate our meddling in the elections of other countries.

I agree we should know, just like we should know if business is meddling.

I also hope Trump was not involved.

Now, where we disagree, is thinking Russia actually had any influence on the outcome.

Also, the left wants to dismiss how this investigation took place. They do not want the truth. They want Trump to fry out of spite.

They are also using these allegations as an excuse not to do their jobs.

But like I said, more importantly than the last election is the SCOTUS.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
President Trump still remains the smartest man in the room. Now he has the left wanting to abolish I.C.E. Don’t see that working out very well for them

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ok slick. And you find nothing wrong with him firing the guy who might expose him.

Got it.

the IG report clearly gave Trump reason to fire him you should read it . and besides how does firing comey prevent him from exposing him ? if anything the chains are off

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of funny that the left now wants to abolish ICE when Clinton and Obama both publicly supported deportation and stronger borders. Now it is a terrible idea. It seems to me those that are upset are upset because Trump says what he is going to do and tries to do it as compared to previous Presidents who either paid it lip service, did shit behind your back (reference Comey, Lynch meeting Bill to talk about grandchildren etc) or didn't have the balls to back up what they said they would do. Trump is far from perfect but when he tells you he is going to do something he follows through.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Gowdy spent OVER two years chasing Benghazi.. and we got NOTHING and no one found guilty of any thing.

Russia has been under investigation for LESS than two years, but now that Trump might be implicated, we need to wrap this the fuck up.

OK no party Bias there.
30000 emails subpoenaed from this shark and HRC destroyed phones and bleach bit her server . if the FBI FIX wasnt in she would have been prosecuted

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing... Trump is partly the subject of this probe because Russia did meddle in our election process. Their meddling likely did help Trump (to a degree). And the reality is, if Trump or some one in his camp solicited Russia in this effort... party be damned.. this is something the American people deserve to know. NOw I honestly hope that they find Trump wasnt involved. Because to think the man with control of the Nuke Football was willing to work with a dictator to gain office, should scare the living shit out of all of us.

what evidence do you have of that statement ? and why werent you scared when obama was caught on a hot mike making deals with same said dictator . "i will have more flexibility after the election " ring a bell ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The essence of the immigration debate and the lack of any intelligent response

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liberals never march when kids are killed by illegals

Liberals never march when vets can’t find work

Liberals never march when MS-13 wreaks havoc on families

Liberals never march against Democrat controlled cities that are full of crime & drugs

Yet they march for illegals

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IG Report: Loretta Lynch-Bill Clinton Tarmac Meeting Was Planned Via Secret Service, FBI

Pages are listed on the IG report for those who can’t get past the source which is par for the course when the debating points fail .

Now above ebb asked a question so now I will , wouldn’t you be suspicious of this if a conservative did what bill Clinton did ? 2 days before comey overstepped his authority and exhonerated her ? And how does the head prosecutor of the US take such a meeting ? Do you buy they talked about “grand kids “ with all the secrecy around this ?

And who destroys blackberries and 30000 subpeoaned ( bleach bit ) emails over Chelsea wedding plans ?

Really ? You expect any sane person to buy that ?

And you really expect me to buy a group of Trump haters who fixed the HRC investigation to be fair with their statements in the IG report ? Come on you have to be wiser then that

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russia meddling and its role whether its played up or not (probably is) in the election is just a distraction to get people to forget that:

the media and democratic national convention literally got caught colluding during the elections
that HRC was provided with the debate questions beforehand
that it was the democrats who struck a treasonous blow to democracy

to me this is the most disturbing thing to happen in U.S. politics during my lifetime.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
545 vs. 300,000,000 People
-

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The President does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.

You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a President to do one cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.. ( The President can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.)

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House?( Paul Ryan . He is the leader of the majority party. He and fellow House members, not the President, can approve any budget they want. ) If the President vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to. [The House has passed a budget but the Senate has not approved a budget in over three years. The President's proposed budgets have gotten almost unanimous rejections in the Senate in that time. ]

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility. I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Army & Marines are in Iraq and Afghanistan it's because they want them in Iraq and Afghanistan ..

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.
Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible. They, and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses. Provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees... We should vote all of them out of office and clean up their mess

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzerland has rejected a proposal by the EU to accept an influx of migrants as part of a new ‘refugee relocation’ plan.

After accepting nearly 1,500 migrants brought from Italy and Greece in an initial resettlement program in 2015, the Swiss federal government has refused a request from EU Migration Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos to “include as many people as possible” in the latest scheme.

"We are currently refraining from participating in the second relocation program," says Emmanuelle Jacquet, State Secretariat for Migration.

Jacquet asserts that the EU has failed to meet certain prerequisites that might compel a different decision from her office.

“There are no longer enough people in Greece and Italy to fulfill the relocation criteria,” reports Blick. “According to these criteria, the persons should have been registered by the EU migration authorities before October 2017 and have a very high chance of having a positive asylum decision.”

A spokesman for the Swiss Refugee Agency has criticized the move, accusing the Swiss government of refusing to “show solidarity” with other European countries who have signed on to the practice of welcoming migrants.

Since 2015, Swiss authorities have progressively tightened the screws on some aspects of the asylum application process, closing loopholes for certain groups who are little more than economic migrants - not persecuted refugees.

In April, the Migration office notified 3,200 Eritrean migrants that their residence permits were under review after the Federal Administrative Court ruled that Eritreans would no longer be recognized as de facto ‘refugees.’

“The illegal exit from (Eritrea) cannot in itself justify recognition as a refugee” the court decided after it was discovered that Eritreans were taking vacations to their home country after being granted asylum in Switzerland.

Eritreans comprised the largest group of asylum seekers in 2017 with over 3,300 applications.

Gee another country. Wanting control over its borders

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious, if we "abolish ice" wouldn't that just cause more global warming? :D

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unbelievable

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another “ peaceful “ protest by antifa . No Brownshirt lead pipes to see here

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzerland has rejected a proposal by the EU to accept an influx of migrants as part of a new ‘refugee relocation’ plan.

After accepting nearly 1,500 migrants brought from Italy and Greece in an initial resettlement program in 2015, the Swiss federal government has refused a request from EU Migration Commissioner Dimitris Avramopoulos to “include as many people as possible” in the latest scheme.

"We are currently refraining from participating in the second relocation program," says Emmanuelle Jacquet, State Secretariat for Migration.

Jacquet asserts that the EU has failed to meet certain prerequisites that might compel a different decision from her office.

“There are no longer enough people in Greece and Italy to fulfill the relocation criteria,” reports Blick. “According to these criteria, the persons should have been registered by the EU migration authorities before October 2017 and have a very high chance of having a positive asylum decision.”

A spokesman for the Swiss Refugee Agency has criticized the move, accusing the Swiss government of refusing to “show solidarity” with other European countries who have signed on to the practice of welcoming migrants.

Since 2015, Swiss authorities have progressively tightened the screws on some aspects of the asylum application process, closing loopholes for certain groups who are little more than economic migrants - not persecuted refugees.

In April, the Migration office notified 3,200 Eritrean migrants that their residence permits were under review after the Federal Administrative Court ruled that Eritreans would no longer be recognized as de facto ‘refugees.’

“The illegal exit from (Eritrea) cannot in itself justify recognition as a refugee” the court decided after it was discovered that Eritreans were taking vacations to their home country after being granted asylum in Switzerland.

Eritreans comprised the largest group of asylum seekers in 2017 with over 3,300 applications.

Gee another country. Wanting control over its borders

I know several people that live overseas and their immigration policies are much more strict than ours.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious, if we "abolish ice" wouldn't that just cause more global warming? :D

What I find ironic is that core fundamental values of each party has seemed to swap.

Democrats love big government and regulation
Republicans hate big government and regulation, at least those with libertarian mindsets...

you'd think it would be the GOP who would want to abolish ICE for that reason

Regardless not everything should be party line driven and there needs to be immigration enforcement..... Maxine Waters as always is a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.