• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Politics aside…

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
…as a person born in the Soviet Union, Leningrad (now Saint Petersburg), who at a few weeks old move to his biological father’s home of Kiev (Kyiv now) I think that it is very abhorrent, what is happening in Ukraine.
I have direct family in both countries. In Russia my family is primarily in Saint Petersburg and Arkhangelsk and Kiev in Ukraine.
None of my Russian family, at least that I know of, supports what is going on in Ukraine or Putin in general. But they live within an autocracy and don’t pop off for fear of retribution or worse.
My family in Ukraine are sheltering in a Metro station, while I have 2 cousins that are fighting on the front lines defending Kiev.
Over all my opinion is very simple, I think that Putin is a piece of sh!t, who is trying to bring back the Russian Empire. Anyone, no matter who that supports him or gives him praise is just as big of a piece of sh!t as Putin.
It saddens me to no end to see Kiev, the starting point of Russia a city that has a 1500 year history, is being shelled by the people that the city gave birth to.
Anyway, that’s my rant on this.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
…as a person born in the Soviet Union, Leningrad (now Saint Petersburg), who at a few weeks old move to his biological father’s home of Kiev (Kyiv now) I think that it is very abhorrent, what is happening in Ukraine.
I have direct family in both countries. In Russia my family is primarily in Saint Petersburg and Arkhangelsk and Kiev in Ukraine.
None of my Russian family, at least that I know of, supports what is going on in Ukraine or Putin in general. But they live within an autocracy and don’t pop off for fear of retribution or worse.
My family in Ukraine are sheltering in a Metro station, while I have 2 cousins that are fighting on the front lines defending Kiev.
Over all my opinion is very simple, I think that Putin is a piece of sh!t, who is trying to bring back the Russian Empire. Anyone, no matter who that supports him or gives him praise is just as big of a piece of sh!t as Putin.
It saddens me to no end to see Kiev, the starting point of Russia a city that has a 1500 year history, is being shelled by the people that the city gave birth to.
God bless you and your family

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry your family is going through everything. I have been wondering if anyone close enough to Putin is willing to take a chance and assassinate him. Much like the attempts on Hitler back in WW2. The comforting thing is seeing all of the protests happening in Russia knowing what the consequences are.

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone during these senseless conflicts.

As a descendent of a genocide survivor I'm aware of the pain and anger you must be feeling.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this ends is Putin gets taken out by his people. I hope your family is ok...nobody wins in this

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this ends is Putin gets taken out by his people. I hope your family is ok...nobody wins in this
Just read (not sure if true) a Russian businessman put a $1M on Putin.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My wife is Russian and her entire family is there. My kid(born in the US) has duel citizenship as does my wife. You are correct that the Russians(at least the ones I know and I know quite a few) do not support this and in my experience are pretty embarrassed by the whole thing.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mrs. Howdy told me the same thing. But no one in Russia has the balls to do it.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife is Russian and her entire family is there. My kid(born in the US) has duel citizenship as does my wife. You are correct that the Russians(at least the ones I know and I know quite a few) do not support this and in my experience are pretty embarrassed by the whole thing.
Is your wife still able to communicate with family in Russia?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is your wife still able to communicate with family in Russia?

Yes of course. She skypes with them every day. Her and my kid usually go there twice a year during school breaks but this summer is looking unlikely. Aeroflot(the best option to traveling there) has canceled all flights with the US and I don't want to risk them getting stuck there but we'll see how it goes over the next few months.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went from a global pandemic straight into WW III. Unbelievable.

Hope your family is safe Howdy.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes of course. She skypes with them every day. Her and my kid usually go there twice a year during school breaks but this summer is looking unlikely. Aeroflot(the best option to traveling there) has canceled all flights with the US and I don't want to risk them getting stuck there but we'll see how it goes over the next few months.
I haven’t been able to get a hold of my family in Russia for a few days now. So I’m worried. They aren’t outspoken so I’m sure that they haven’t been arrested or anything like that, but I’m not sure why they stopped communicating.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one inside of Russia is actually going to do it. He’s inside of the Kremlin and has the doors bolted shut. People are talking about his fear of a popular revolution to throw him out of power.
Form all of the pictures I have seen of Putin, there isnt anyone close to him ever. Maybe within 20 feet when they are all sitting at a table, but he is still a good distance from them.

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Form all of the pictures I have seen of Putin, there isnt anyone close to him ever. Maybe within 20 feet when they are all sitting at a table, but he is still a good distance from them.
The major fear is that he will turn into full blow Stalin.