• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pods instead of Divisions for Scheduling

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC teams so run quite a gauntlet. I would just have a hard time as a paying fan putting up with Wofford in November.

Let me just make it clear that I am not an SEC fan. I'm an ACC fan.

That said yes I get what you're saying. Football is such a big thing down here in the Southeast that nearly every football game played down here is a sell out as far as I know. Most high schools and middle schools sell out. That said people just love a football game down here so much that no matter who is playing really it doesnt matter so much. No joke. All the bars are filled and Atlanta is hopping on Saturdays.

Neyland Stadium is sold out I think for the next ten years. It is hard to get a ticket to any college or pro game down here that it is going to cost you dearly if you wait til the last minute to buy tickets.

Of course the Falcons and Hawks don't qualify because there are so many out of towners living around here.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck pods.

Win your fucking conference and you are in the Final 4. If your P5 conference is complete fuck, then quitcher bitchin'.

Only 4 weeks in and it looks like there are 'maybe' 4 to 5 teams worthwhile and outside of Clempson they all have to beat somebody.

Quit eating the Tide pods and get some common fucking sense.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said an FCS team was a threat in November. I said I can understand scheduling them then as a breather after playing a challenging conference schedule. Only teams that are afraid of tougher competition would schedule an FCS team in September.

I agree with that.

If I'm going to schedule tough, I'd want the tough teams at the start when I know I'll be healthy and I have 9
months to prepare for them.

This is an oddball year, in that it has 15 weeks. Most years it is 14. One is for the CCG's. That leaves room for only
one open date. Playing a 1-AA in late October, November...gives you an open date. It also gives you a game where
emotion is not a big factor. Just take care of business and get the win, and rest your people.

Playing one at the start hurts you more than helps you. Especially when folks will say..."we'll just be vanilla, with
our offensive and defensive schemes." Huh? You improve by using your entire offense not by hiding plays
that you don't know if all of your folks can execute.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me just make it clear that I am not an SEC fan. I'm an ACC fan.

That said yes I get what you're saying. Football is such a big thing down here in the Southeast that nearly every football game played down here is a sell out as far as I know. Most high schools and middle schools sell out. That said people just love a football game down here so much that no matter who is playing really it doesnt matter so much. No joke. All the bars are filled and Atlanta is hopping on Saturdays.

Neyland Stadium is sold out I think for the next ten years. It is hard to get a ticket to any college or pro game down here that it is going to cost you dearly if you wait til the last minute to buy tickets.

Of course the Falcons and Hawks don't qualify because there are so many out of towners living around here.
The Southeast does love CFB, but you can get cheap tickets easily.

Maybe not for big games, but for weaker opponents, it ain't costing you "dearly".

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing one at the start hurts you more than helps you. Especially when folks will say..."we'll just be vanilla, with
our offensive and defensive schemes." Huh? You improve by using your entire offense not by hiding plays
that you don't know if all of your folks can execute.
Ain't that the truth! Iowa State did that against UNI (Did not allow Purdy to run at all), an it almost cost them the game + they lost the next week to Iowa anyway! I was very happy to see Iowa State finally open the playbook and start their season properly last week vs. ULM. Lucky to be 2-1 instead of 1-2!

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't that the truth! Iowa State did that against UNI (Did not allow Purdy to run at all), an it almost cost them the game + they lost the next week to Iowa anyway! I was very happy to see Iowa State finally open the playbook and start their season properly last week vs. ULM. Lucky to be 2-1 instead of 1-2!

It is probably worst for you folks, because you are playing a MVC team. They ain't afraid of anybody and they
will use 9 months to prepare for you and "believe" they can compete. I'd rather play those folks when they are
looking for a break from that MVC gauntlet that they have to run. That league, top to bottom, is probably as tough
a league as any.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is probably worst for you folks, because you are playing a MVC team. They ain't afraid of anybody and they
will use 9 months to prepare for you and "believe" they can compete. I'd rather play those folks when they are
looking for a break from that MVC gauntlet that they have to run. That league, top to bottom, is probably as tough
a league as any.
It's true! UNI is always good. Their QB is from Central Iowa and was offered by ISU as a WR, but he went to UNI to play QB. ISU was chasing his ass around like he was Archie Manning all day long. lol. I don't like playing FCS, but if ISU is going to, I wish they would play a SWAC / MEAC team for an easy win! Bonus if they bring their band!

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's true! UNI is always good. Their QB is from Central Iowa and was offered by ISU as a WR, but he went to UNI to play QB. ISU was chasing his ass around like he was Archie Manning all day long. lol. I don't like playing FCS, but if ISU is going to, I wish they would play a SWAC / MEAC team for an easy win! Bonus if they bring their band!

UNI almost always gives Iowa St. a tough game. They even had a two-game winning streak against them at one point, and beat the Cyclones as recently as 2016. Iowa St. leads the overall series 23-5-3, and since 1987 has not gone more than five years without playing them.

The University of Iowa has also played UNI fairly regularly since 1995, although there was an 8-year gap at one point.

I actually look forward to the Leathernecks playing both teams.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNI almost always gives Iowa St. a tough game. They even had a two-game winning streak against them at one point, and beat the Cyclones as recently as 2016. Iowa St. leads the overall series 23-5-3, and since 1987 has not gone more than five years without playing them.

The University of Iowa has also played UNI fairly regularly since 1995, although there was an 8-year gap at one point.

I actually look forward to the Leathernecks playing both teams.
Let's put it this way, I have been to 4 UNI @ Iowa State games ('90, '92, '94 and '19), and the series is tied 2-2 in those games. Before I saw the Cyclones win this year, I had seen back to back Panther wins in 1992 and 1994 (your aforementioned 2 game winning streak) - BOTH by double digits. The difference in those two years and this year is that UNI was actually better back then! Always a tough game though. That's for sure!

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put it this way, I have been to 4 UNI @ Iowa State games ('90, '92, '94 and '19), and the series is tied 2-2 in those games. Before I saw the Cyclones win this year, I had seen back to back Panther wins in 1992 and 1994 (your aforementioned 2 game winning streak) - BOTH by double digits. The difference in those two years and this year is that UNI was actually better back then! Always a tough game though. That's for sure!

I knew Leathernecks didn't quite sound right. That would be Western Illinois, right? Forgot that Northern Iowa was the Panthers.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew Leathernecks didn't quite sound right. That would be Western Illinois, right? Forgot that Northern Iowa was the Panthers.
Yes, You are correct. FWIW, I thought you meant you enjoy watching the WIU Leathernecks play the UNI Panthers! :)