• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pods instead of Divisions for Scheduling

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever it is its better than the horseshit that the SEC has currently.

Alabama dodging the best teams in the East year in and year out. Look I'm not bashing bama, i know its not their fault. I'm bashing the pole smoking SEC league who scheudles that horseshit.

And coming from me, an OU fan, who got royally fucked out of the Nebraska/OU rivalry, you fuckers can deal with losing Tennessee every damn year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama dodging the best teams in the East year in and year out. Look I'm not bashing bama, i know its not their fault. I'm bashing the pole smoking SEC league who scheudles that horseshit.

And coming from me, an OU fan, who got royally fucked out of the Nebraska/OU rivalry, you fuckers can deal with losing Tennessee every damn year.
I was talking about this on reddit yesterday and an Alabama fan said he refused to give up the games against Ole Miss and Ms State. Seriously. They are apparently “rivalry games” for Alabama.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I were a fan of Alabama it would drive me crazy. And if I were an Alabama season ticket holder, I would’ve walked away from that commitment long ago.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if a team schedules an fcs team, it should only be allowed to be played in September.

Those November fcs games in the sec are embarrassing.

Its November!!

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if a team schedules an fcs team, it should only be allowed to be played in September.

Its November!!
I’m going to miss @4down20 telling us how it’s impossible for the SEC to play conference games the second to last week of the regular season.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its November!!
Exactly.
It's fucking horseshit and the only way it stops is the playoff committe has to punish teams for doing it. if you play an FCS team in November drop their ass in the rankings. That shit will stop the next year, guaranteed.

Reactions: gob

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.
It's fucking horseshit and the only way it stops is the playoff committe has to punish teams for doing it. if you play an FCS team in November drop their ass in the rankings. That shit will stop the next year, guaranteed.

It’s cheating some amazing fan’s too. They deserve much more than that.

The schedules are set up so they don’t play more than 3 P5 teams in consecutive weeks.

I can’t even imagine going to watch a game at Autzen in November to see Sacramento State roll out there. I honestly would rather have my team take an L in November to a conference rival than that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s ok to have 1 P5 1 g5 and an fcs with a 9 game conference schedule.

But then it should be universal. Should go in the order of FCS, G5, then power 5. My feeling is the Oregon/Auburn matchup in week 1 is actually bad for both squads. It’s never really good football. The first half of all this big matchup games in week one are glorified week 1 in the NFL preseason.

Scheduling would be ten times easier if conference champs got an auto bid. There wouldn’t be any fear of scheduling tough P5 games because you might lose and be out of it week 1. Another I’d like is for conferences to come together and do the NCAA basketball type matchups where they match conference A. Number 1 from one year to conference B. Number 1 and so on and so forth.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then it should be universal. Should go in the order of FCS, G5, then power 5. My feeling is the Oregon/Auburn matchup in week 1 is actually bad for both squads. It’s never really good football. The first half of all this big matchup games in week one are glorified week 1 in the NFL preseason.

Scheduling would be ten times easier if conference champs got an auto bid. There wouldn’t be any fear of scheduling tough P5 games because you might lose and be out of it week 1. Another I’d like is for conferences to come together and do the NCAA basketball type matchups where they match conference A. Number 1 from one year to conference B. Number 1 and so on and so forth.
All great points.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen this before. But unlike it. It makes good sense.

Somehow, some way there should be a rotating way of doing OOC scheduling also to keep old rivalries going like Kansas-Mizzou.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second sentence was supposed to be " I like it."

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see the ACC & SEC move to a 9 game conference schedule and we can go from there.