• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please let this be the last game I ever see Cyler Miles throw a football in for UW

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And please let this be the last game that Jonathan Smith calls as an offensive coordinator. This is a fucking slaughtering.

What an embarrassing way to end the season.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me when I say that the fans that traveled to the game didn't deserve any better. No energy the entire game.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miles on the final drive:

Play #1: Completed a pass that was nearly picked off. If the WR didn't adjust and fight for the ball, it would've been intercepted. Bad throw.

Play #2: Throws a pass to an Oklahoma State defensive back that is dropped. Should've been intercepted.

Play #3: Nearly takes a sack, slips out of it and nearly gets tackled before getting a first down. Relied on his athleticism and luckily got out of bounds after about a 15 yard run.

Play #4: Interception.

PLEASE NEVER LET ME SEE HIM TAKE ANOTHER SNAP AT UW.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me when I say that the fans that traveled to the game didn't deserve any better. No energy the entire game.

How are they supposed to project any energy when the Huskies were completely dominated the first half?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, he doesn't need to be cut or transfer. He's pretty tall, he'd be great at signalling in plays. They just need to be sure he's far enough down on the depth chart that there would never be any concern that he might get in a game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karta-Samuels will be in the battle all through spring and fall camps. Everyone is raving about his development. Let's see what he can do.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they supposed to project any energy when the Huskies were completely dominated the first half?

Was there from the beginning. .. can't put their lack of energy on the team in any way. I have no idea why the Husky fans that were at the game made the effort and spent the money to come to the game. They were sitting on their hands from start to finish.
I've been to 4 of our 5 recent bowl games (missed last year because the wife got the flu at the last minute) and this was by far the worst experience because the crowd was terrible.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rating wise Miles isn't the worst QB UW has had in my lifetime. But I still would rather have Fouch or Paus back over this clown. The only player I have ever disliked more was Hobert.

This guy HAS to go.

BTW, Those two QB's are the only ones since 1975 to not make it to the NFL for at least a camp. Miles next career shouldn't have anything to do with football. Maybe Broncos cheerleader?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was there from the beginning. .. can't put their lack of energy on the team in any way. I have no idea why the Husky fans that were at the game made the effort and spent the money to come to the game. They were sitting on their hands from start to finish.
I've been to 4 of our 5 recent bowl games (missed last year because the wife got the flu at the last minute) and this was by far the worst experience because the crowd was terrible.

We were a disaster from the opening kickoff. How is any teams fans supposed to project anything but shellshock horror at what they saw take place? Entire crowd at the bar I was in looked like holocaust victims by end of the 1st. I can't even find the words to describe what I witnessed tonight. It looked like a pop warner team vs. the Seahawks.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Why in the hell was the game plan not altered in the 1st half like they did at halftime?

2. it's gonna be a long season next year?

3. What happen to the days when UW Oline was the strength of the team?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put Lindquist in there for the last play of the first half. Did you consider a change of quarterback at any point?

COACH PETERSEN: Yeah, I mean, you’re hoping that we get something going, get Cyler back into a rhythm because obviously he was far from it. He actually practiced well through our bowl preparations. We weren’t getting any first downs to stay on the field to get any sort of rhythm going. So you want to give him a little bit of a chance there. Then the second half we got some things going. You know, it was better. But the first half, there was zilch.

What is the outlook going to look like at the quarterback position going into the spring?

COACH PETERSEN: I think Cyler did progress as the season went on. Took a lot of snaps, a lot of reps, learned a lot of things. But I think every position in this program, we’ve got to have competition. We got to get better there. Those guys got to either push him. We got to improve there, and I think we will.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senior WR Kasen Williams:

(on second half adjustments) “I think there’s just a lot more trust in the wideouts that second half. I think the biggest difference between the two halves is we were running the ball a lot more and when we were running the ball, nothing was happening. And in the second half, we started going deep and everything was opening up. That’s just how it is when you put all those guys in the box, so we were ablt to make those adjustments and we tried to do everything we could to get that W. obviously we fell short, but we just need to play a complete game of football, and that game’s a different story.”

(on Cyler Miles’ second half adjustments) “Just confidence. Confidence. He calmed down. He was throwing the ball like he does in practice. He was throwing the ball like he knows he’s supposed to. So I think just a combination of a lot of things that we just weren’t able to get together from the very beginning. But it is what it is.”

(Is this surprising on offense considering you’d built some momentum in the final three games of the regular season?) “I’d agree 100 percent, and especially like you said, the last few games of the season we were really driving the ball and doing some good things on offense. To come out like that, it was almost like we came out just how we started the season. So it’s kind of disappointing to see that happen. But I’m glad we were able to actually get a fight in. I’m glad we were able to actually compete. I’m glad we didn’t quit. That’s one thing – some teams will quit, and we’re not those guys.”

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still in a bad mood over that performance.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rating wise Miles isn't the worst QB UW has had in my lifetime. But I still would rather have Fouch or Paus back over this clown. The only player I have ever disliked more was Hobert.

This guy HAS to go.

BTW, Those two QB's are the only ones since 1975 to not make it to the NFL for at least a camp. Miles next career shouldn't have anything to do with football. Maybe Broncos cheerleader?

Good stuff whiz...Miles missed a wide open Mickens about 4 times I saw...I only watched about 2 quarts worth of the game channel surfing. Coach P will find the missing offensive puzzle pieces tho.

As for OC JS, do want you want with him...we at State are moving in another direction, please ONLY PUT enough gas in his tank to get him out of town and heading east to Pullman. :whistle:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I woke up this morning. And none of this debacle was slept off. Feel just as bad as last night.

Even worse as you realize your going to have to live with this feeling for many many moons to come. I consider it one of the worst bowl performances in this programs modern history. A complete shit the mattress and I'm even more disgusted at the passive soft sports media in this town that's trying to paint it as still some respectable effort because we attempted a rally in the 4th quarter. Give me a fucking break. This game was over at the half. Our defense played like it was still doing practice drills. There is no explaining that away. You can't.

Does anyone in the local sports media have the balls to go after this disaster like the guy who tore in the Mariners front office and exposed the mess that is their dysfunctional ownership and front office.

End of story. The entire 2014 season was an exercise in mediocrity and a waste that accomplished nothing. 0 meaningful wins and nothing that can be claimed as progress. We actually creeped backwards from 2013.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not to mention were losing a crap load of seniors. Look at how many starters were losing to the draft and grad. Then look at our schedule next year. We'll be lucky to get bowl eligible. We could easily end up with the type of season the Beavs had in 2014. I don't even like our odds at getting to a bowl.

This should of been the year the coaches took advantage of what they were handed. 2015 is actually the year where your forced to have green all over your starting roster, especially the D front 7 and Oline. We have nothing at RB. Nothing. Chris Warren is no way picking UW over Texas. He'll be buried on that team roster and still will choose them over the Dawgs where he would be starting as a freshman given what we sport.

This program is moving backwards.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain regent, but not your outlook moving forward.

It really does hinge on them making a move at QB next year, but I fully expect a much better product on the field. Sure, they are losing quite a few seniors on both sides, but the kids behind them will be in their second year. Stagnant? Maybe. More steps back? Doubt it.