• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please let this be the last game I ever see Cyler Miles throw a football in for UW

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel your pain regent, but not your outlook moving forward.

It really does hinge on them making a move at QB next year, but I fully expect a much better product on the field. Sure, they are losing quite a few seniors on both sides, but the kids behind them will be in their second year. Stagnant? Maybe. More steps back? Doubt it.

Would love to be more a optimist about 2015. I'm still a beliver in the long term, but 2015? Considering the talent we are losing to the draft and graduation, I don't see it getting better next season. Even if Samuels gets the start, he's a freshman, we got no running game to take the pressure off him, and a house of horrors schedule. The D won't be there to bail us out in 2015. We'll have some experience at the WR and DB, but lots of holes elsewhere. We starting seeing positive glimpses of potential from some of those freshman being groomed in the last couple games, but they still are very green.

The 2015 recruiting class is looking respectable, but not in the top tier of the PAC. Few of them will contribute at all till 2016 or later. At least you can feel confident about the lack of flip potential from our commits. The coaches make it clear you don't commit to this program on in house or during first visits to the school. It's bringing the right kids who want to be Dawgs who can ball.

It's just tough as we kept being patient with Sark and it took way too long to get 8+ wins. Feels like we're right back at setting 8 wins as some ultimate goal. :gaah:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to be more a optimist about 2015. I'm still a beliver in the long term, but 2015? Considering the talent we are losing to the draft and graduation, I don't see it getting better next season. Even if Samuels gets the start, he's a freshman, we got no running game to take the pressure off him, and a house of horrors schedule. The D won't be there to bail us out in 2015. We'll have some experience at the WR and DB, but lots of holes elsewhere. We starting seeing positive glimpses of potential from some of those freshman being groomed in the last couple games, but they still are very green.

The 2015 recruiting class is looking respectable, but not in the top tier of the PAC. Few of them will contribute at all till 2016 or later. At least you can feel confident about the lack of flip potential from our commits. The coaches make it clear you don't commit to this program on in house or during first visits to the school. It's bringing the right kids who want to be Dawgs who can ball.

It's just tough as we kept being patient with Sark and it took way too long to get 8+ wins. Feels like we're right back at setting 8 wins as some ultimate goal. :gaah:

If they can get an Oline to run block ( you know like in James era) Washington can be a very good back, but when they can't open holes,:L it looks like shit, but the two fold on that is finding someone that can throw the ball so defenses don't stack the damn box all the time........

Coaching staff needs to go back to the drawing board on the offensive playbook, there wasn't a smart gameplan on that side this year, I understand not having faith in Myles and his deep ball but why throw some frickn real screens???:scratch:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can get an Oline to run block ( you know like in James era) Washington can be a very good back, but when they can't open holes,:L it looks like shit, but the two fold on that is finding someone that can throw the ball so defenses don't stack the damn box all the time........

Coaching staff needs to go back to the drawing board on the offensive playbook, there wasn't a smart gameplan on that side this year, I understand not having faith in Myles and his deep ball but why throw some frickn real screens???:scratch:

To put it in perspective, 8 out of the 9 starting Husky lineman during the bowl were seniors. We're losing that much beef to graduation.

Another reason I'm projecting a serious step backwards in 2015 for both sides of the ball. Even if Samuels gets the job, he's more of a prototype pro style passer, not known for his running ability. He's going to have minimal protection and it's going to be operation "run for your life".

2014 was the roster were you had to really put that experienced line to use and get the running game going. Instead it was one of the worst running game seasons I've ever witnessed. 2015 is going to be another "run game by committee" as we don't have a single player who can take on the #1 position and deserves it. Washington showed plenty of promise in 2013 that he could be the guy. But the same was said of Cyler Miles after that Oregon St. game. Both ended up showing their both mediocre at their positions and were back to square one with the RB and QB starters.