• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Discussion thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's frigging hot no matter who's doing the measuring. Don't see how this benefits one team vs the other though.
But isn't it nice to have our personal weatherman?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok

World Series hasn’t started yet. It’s prediction time! What do you guys think? Who will win? Who do you want to win?

I think the dodgers will win and I hope they do.

Dodgers in 6

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok

World Series hasn’t started yet. It’s prediction time! What do you guys think? Who will win? Who do you want to win?

Dodgers in 6
Dodgers win WS.
I have no team to root for. Never could I be for the Dodgers or the NL and in this series I can not root for Houston.
Just put me down for a good series and bs'ing with you guys. That will be a winner for me.:clap::clap:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers win WS.
I have no team to root for. Never could I be for the Dodgers or the NL and in this series I can not root for Houston.
Just put me down for a good series and bs'ing with you guys. That will be a winner for me.:clap::clap:

I don’t like either team. I definitely holding my nose for the dodgers tho.

I’ll be glad when the offseason is officially here.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not rooting for the Astros (many can't understand why I wouldn't root for a team from Texas, I just can't stomach the idea of the Astros getting one before us), but I'll be rooting for Darvish in his starts for sure

My first favorite team from back in the day when I was young and didn't have a team to root for in Louisiana was the Dodgers. One of my first World Series memories was the '88 World Series and Kirk Gibson and I used to be a Orel Hershiser fan. Still remember his insane shutout streak as some of my first memories of baseball.

Wasn't '89 the Earthquake series between the A's & Giants? That's another that really stuck out in my mind

Needless to say, always have a soft spot for the Dodgers, even now that I have solidified my loyalties to the Rangers

Dodgers in 6, superior pitching and comparable hitting, especially if Seager is healthy

Kershaw + Darvish > Keuchel + Verlander

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok

Dodgers in 6

Dodgers all the way for me......Just can't bear the thought of having those smack-talking, whiny-asses from Mosquitoville basking in all that glory........Dodgers in 6/7 and Yu is the MVP; how's that?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard to imagine Darvish winning MVP unless there is a game 7 because he’s the #3 starter.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Kershaw get mvp and totally shut down the Astros twice

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s hard to imagine Darvish winning MVP unless there is a game 7 because he’s the #3 starter.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Kershaw get mvp and totally shut down the Astros twice
More than one way to being mvp.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bregman is good. We should of had him.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bregman is good. We should of had him.

Can thank Tim Bogar for that. I think that was the year we had a historic amount of injuries. We should’ve just tanked to pick first overall all

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can thank Tim Bogar for that. I think that was the year we had a historic amount of injuries. We should’ve just tanked to pick first overall all

Your glass continues to be half-full.....Come on now.

Most on here were upset Bogar didn't get the opportunity to be at the helm permanently.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fantastic outing from Kershaw. Good guy, great pitcher.....glad to see him have post season success.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was picked ahead of us. Brady Aiken debacle got Astros extra pick

I get that. But was it a given we "would" have taken him had he been there? And what if he was, and we drafted him? No guarantees he'd be worth a flip, all dependent upon circumstances/coaching/needs at the big league level, etc.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your glass continues to be half-full.....Come on now.

Most on here were upset Bogar didn't get the opportunity to be at the helm permanently.

I wanted him to be the manager. I think he would’ve done better than rooster. Especially in bull pen management.

It’s definitely something said in hindsight point of view, if we got our manager out of it which most people on here think we should have, then it was worth winning the meaningless games, but since it cost us a chance at drafting a good player who is currently playing in the World Series ( and we know the guy we drafted Dillion Tate sucks). It is safe to say that the brief tenure of bogar as the manager was detrimental to the future success of our team.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. But was it a given we "would" have taken him had he been there? And what if he was, and we drafted him? No guarantees he'd be worth a flip, all dependent upon circumstances/coaching/needs at the big league level, etc.

There were 3 top flight shortstops there and we wanted one. So yes and he was one they wanted most

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were 3 top flight shortstops there and we wanted one. So yes and he was one they wanted most

OK....I believe ya......I honestly didn't remember.

This is an absurd thing to say, but I use it strictly for "illustration" purposes.............David Clyde might have been in the HOF if the Yankees had drafted him instead of the Texas Rangers.

Same can be said a lot, about a lot of players.....Some were major league ready at 20, but most needed some time/coaching/intangibles, etc. So who drafted them and when are pretty big "what ifs" IMO.

Make any sense?