• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pickups of the week post week 10

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who u got? Does cam akers enter the radar again.

Thank you toney for being so fragile also.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waiver adds are bare man..I mean, there's just not crap out there.
Lat Murray if he's available is about the only guy I can think of, and I know he's likely been rostered for weeks in any competitive league larger than 8 teams.
if you wanna talk Rams RB's, I'd prefer Williams over Akers, but honestly, I can't imagine any Ram's RB being worth a warm squirt of pee, especially if Stafford misses extended time. Add in the zero legitimate reason for the phasing out of D. Henderson, and that he could re-emerge at any point with equally unfounded reasons, and I'm not touching it

Any receivers of note that are out there, are likely going to be irrelevant within a week or two, or sooner, as the starters return, i.e. Sky Moore/Justin Watson and Greg Dortch, or like Van Jefferson, might not have a QB to throw to them for a week or so

If you wanna take a flyer on Jameson Williams, now is the time to do that, but good luck with results

this has been an overall crap year for waiver pickups

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine for this week, but Mixon is in the concussion protocol, so even if he sits this week, he should be back soon. Maybe James Cook? He has been getting more touches in recent weeks and may be the guy if something happens to Singletary.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slayton or Burks?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you lost Kyle Pitts (like me) or just in general TE hell, looking like Juwan Johnson is a solid pick up. Been delivering TDs for a few weeks and while that will probably drop off, he's still seeing decent targets and yards (40 to 50 yards).

Speaking of TEs, in one of my leagues someone dropped Gerald Everett. Anyone got info on how long his groin injury might keep him out? Chance he plays this week? I might pick him up anyway and put him on IR if he's gonna be out but it'll take some roster finesse (Waller is on my IR right now, riding with Hayden Hurst)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Darrel Henderson is no longer a factor..talk about a weird turn of events in LA. Akers sent home for a few weeks for reasons unknown, Henderson the unquestioned lead back, Akers allowed back in the building, still pretty much sucks, and Henderson gets phased out and released..weird

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Darrel Henderson is no longer a factor..talk about a weird turn of events in LA. Akers sent home for a few weeks for reasons unknown, Henderson the unquestioned lead back, Akers allowed back in the building, still pretty much sucks, and Henderson gets phased out and released..weird
It is weird because while not special Henderson was as good or better then any other RB the Rams have.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one more spot open on my team after unloading some bye week fillers. My only bye concern is a DB in week 14 and if worse comes to worse, I can just drop the one I have and grab someone for the ROS then, so not really a factor. We are past our trade deadline, so I can't do anything there.

Here is my roster (offense only)...

QB - Mahomes, Dak
RB - Rhamondre, K. Walker, Zeke, D. Harris, AJ Dillon, Mattison, Dobbins (IR)
WR - Diggs, Deebo, Waddle, Kirk
TE - Andrews

Options on the wire...

James Cook - Seems to be gaining some steam in Buffalo, but wouldn't be useful unless something happens to Singletary.
Semaji Perine - Mixon is only concussed and may not even miss this week, much less multiple weeks.
Cam Akers/Kyren Williams - Not sure what the hell is going on out in LA.
Romeo Doubs - My WRs are pretty stacked, even if I lose 1. Is Watson going to be the man when Doubs gets back or will they take heat off each other and thrive?
Isiah Likely - Handcuff to Andrews, who has been banged up.
Travis Homer - I love to cuff my RBs, but I see a committee in Seattle if Walker goes down.
*Mecole Hardman - Was starting to get more involved until he got hurt.
* Khalil Herbert - Is on IR, but could be useful in the fantasy playoffs... especially if something happens to Monty, who gets knicked up a lot.

* Guys on IR. My IR is full right now, but I can drop Shaq Leonard and put one of those guys on there and grab someone else tomorrow.

Leaning towards grabbing Herbert and stashing him right now, then trying to get Cook, probably.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one more spot open on my team after unloading some bye week fillers. My only bye concern is a DB in week 14 and if worse comes to worse, I can just drop the one I have and grab someone for the ROS then, so not really a factor. We are past our trade deadline, so I can't do anything there.

Here is my roster (offense only)...

QB - Mahomes, Dak
RB - Rhamondre, K. Walker, Zeke, D. Harris, AJ Dillon, Mattison, Dobbins (IR)
WR - Diggs, Deebo, Waddle, Kirk
TE - Andrews

Options on the wire...

James Cook - Seems to be gaining some steam in Buffalo, but wouldn't be useful unless something happens to Singletary.
Semaji Perine - Mixon is only concussed and may not even miss this week, much less multiple weeks.
Cam Akers/Kyren Williams - Not sure what the hell is going on out in LA.
Romeo Doubs - My WRs are pretty stacked, even if I lose 1. Is Watson going to be the man when Doubs gets back or will they take heat off each other and thrive?
Isiah Likely - Handcuff to Andrews, who has been banged up.
Travis Homer - I love to cuff my RBs, but I see a committee in Seattle if Walker goes down.
*Mecole Hardman - Was starting to get more involved until he got hurt.
* Khalil Herbert - Is on IR, but could be useful in the fantasy playoffs... especially if something happens to Monty, who gets knicked up a lot.

* Guys on IR. My IR is full right now, but I can drop Shaq Leonard and put one of those guys on there and grab someone else tomorrow.

Leaning towards grabbing Herbert and stashing him right now, then trying to get Cook, probably.

Redraft I assume.

Pending the available TE waiver options it might be nice to have insurance there.

What’s the deal on Herbert? If he’s definitely coming back, he could be the answer. Or Monty keeps producing by the time he returns. (Plus there’s the Fields injury thing).
I doubt Cook is fantasy relevant unless, as you know, something happens to Singletary…but high upside if that were to happen.

Kyren Williams is the unknown here, and could be the obvious choice in hindsight come December. That’s where I’d start.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Boone.
With the release of Gordon (surprised me actually) Murray hasnt done much even when he is the main RB. something like a 3.3 yd a carry. Very TD dependent.

Mike Boone comes back after this week (allegedly) who can at the very least match Murray in running & is their pass catching Back. (for PPR leagues) With the way Wilson has been playing. I suspect Boone to be a welcome addition when he gets back. A good game & he might find himself as the #1 rusher as well. So if you are in a competitive league like me. there isnt much to go for in RBs on the waiver wire. So if you can get him (just in case) now before he gets off IR.
Something to consider.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of that group I like Cook. he has the talent and is getting more play each week.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Boone.
With the release of Gordon (surprised me actually) Murray hasnt done much even when he is the main RB. something like a 3.3 yd a carry. Very TD dependent.

Mike Boone comes back after this week (allegedly) who can at the very least match Murray in running & is their pass catching Back. (for PPR leagues) With the way Wilson has been playing. I suspect Boone to be a welcome addition when he gets back. A good game & he might find himself as the #1 rusher as well. So if you are in a competitive league like me. there isnt much to go for in RBs on the waiver wire. So if you can get him (just in case) now before he gets off IR.
Something to consider.
Mike Boone is the Broncos equivalent of Chase Edmonds. Oh, wait.....

Well, anyways, they're both perfectly fine football players, when used in moderation. When given that rare opportunity to handle more, they both fail, get hurt, and are in general disappointments

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Boone is the Broncos equivalent of Chase Edmonds. Oh, wait.....

Well, anyways, they're both perfectly fine football players, when used in moderation. When given that rare opportunity to handle more, they both fail, get hurt, and are in general disappointments
well we are dealing with Waiver wires, which is different than drafting the player.

In competitive leagues you aren't gonna find a golden RB on the Waiver wire. Especially this late in season.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of that group I like Cook. he has the talent and is getting more play each week.
I drafted Cook & parked him on my bench in hopes he would take over the starter role later in the season. Which doesnt look like will happen this year. Thought well might be a wasted draft pick. So I am happy to see he is actually starting to get at least some opportunities. :thumb:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we are dealing with Waiver wires, which is different than drafting the player.

In competitive leagues you aren't gonna find a golden RB on the Waiver wire. Especially this late in season.
True, but I mean, we're talking about a team that is in the conversation for the worst offense in the league, who has a true lead back, that lead back has a pretty significant history of being available (not injured often, outside of his rookie year) and we're discussing a RB coming off injury, who is entering a CF of backup RB's, who has also not exactly shown that if the starter were to go down, that he could handle the load regardless. If that guy is the best the waiver wire has to offer, I'd be saving my claim

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I mean, we're talking about a team that is in the conversation for the worst offense in the league, who has a true lead back, that lead back has a pretty significant history of being available (not injured often, outside of his rookie year) and we're discussing a RB coming off injury, who is entering a CF of backup RB's, who has also not exactly shown that if the starter were to go down, that he could handle the load regardless. If that guy is the best the waiver wire has to offer, I'd be saving my claim
funny how you bring up the claim. That is exactly what I did.
Murray had been picked up in my league but later released because he sucked at Fantasy points. So he was on the waiver wire when the news came out on Gordon. Well to me it wasnt worth putting a waiver claim on him as I knew others would too. Like I said RB is very scarce in my league. So when I researched him. I realized he wasnt worth using a claim on. Then I researched all the other Denver backs. Chase is going on IR & Boone will be coming off IR. Now you could take a shot in the dark on Marlon Mack. But I think when it is all said & done Boone ends up the best fantasy option of Denver RBs. So I waited til today when I dont have to use a claim on players. Sure enough Murray was taken. I figured Boone would still be there since he wont come off IR until next week. Well he was. So I picked him up. I lost Wandale Robinson to injury so I had a free spot in my line up.

BTW every player that has been listed in this thread is not on my waiver wire in my league as of today.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny how you bring up the claim. That is exactly what I did.
Murray had been picked up in my league but later released because he sucked at Fantasy points. So he was on the waiver wire when the news came out on Gordon. Well to me it wasnt worth putting a waiver claim on him as I knew others would too. Like I said RB is very scarce in my league. So when I researched him. I realized he wasnt worth using a claim on. Then I researched all the other Denver backs. Chase is going on IR & Boone will be coming off IR. Now you could take a shot in the dark on Marlon Mack. But I think when it is all said & done Boone ends up the best fantasy option of Denver RBs. So I waited til today when I dont have to use a claim on players. Sure enough Murray was taken. I figured Boone would still be there since he wont come off IR until next week. Well he was. So I picked him up. I lost Wandale Robinson to injury so I had a free spot in my line up.

BTW every player that has been listed in this thread is not on my waiver wire in my league as of today.
yep the wire is a baren wasteland this year. And when they're free, especially with a free space available, than anyone is worth the shot in the dark, why not?