• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick a Prospect?

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into the draft tomorrow night I have a list of prospects that I have narrowed in on. I will be selecting Nick Senzel with the 1.1 pick. The 1.2 pick is the pick that is up in the air. I like three players for the pick. Willy Adames, Kyle Tucker and Kyle Lewis. All 3 picks are a bit of a luxury pick. But I view all 3 of them above the available pitchers like J Groome, R Pint, AJ Puk, F Perez, T Beede and Y Mendez. I also have a couple of dark horses who I like in R Acuna and I Diaz. But I think the latter two more suited for my 2nd round pick.

The deal I had been working on for Swanson fell through as he's going to be traded to another team. Not sure if I will be trading M Franco now or not. So Adames jumps up my board as a possible selection who could be up this year giving me some good pop/average out of my backup SS. I like both OF's a good deal both should be up late 2018 or early 2019. Tucker has show good power and speed potential. While it's a pure luxury pick. It might be a good idea to backup Renfroe and Jiminez if both don't pan out. Lewis looked good before he got injured. He might stay in CF or move to the corner. Good average and power out of his bat. The SP prospects are either big upside but a good 3-4 years out if they pan out. Or middle of the road upside and possibly up later this year.

My Roster - 16 Teams H2HMC
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, 2 UT, 4 P, 3 SP, 2 RP

C - B Posey, S Perez
1B - J Abreu, A Gon, T Joseph
2B - J Kipnis, D Travis
3B - A Rendon, M Franco
SS - X Bogaerts
LF - C Dickerson, J Soler, Y Diaz
CF - M Trout, R Grichuk
RF - H Renfroe, E Jiminez

SP - G Cole, S Strasburg, C Martinez, A Nola, D Smyly, T Bauer
RP - G Holland, T Rosenthal, L Severino

Last edited:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be on Groome or Puk. Lewis would be my choice with the hitters, but I like those arms more.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be on Groome or Puk. Lewis would be my choice with the hitters, but I like those arms more.

I like those guys, but I think Senzel's a really good pick.

Poor Mr. Pint might change his name to SixPack after he spends a little time in Coors.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Groome and Senzel are the leaders in the clubhouse. I think Senzel's going to be a really good player. Overpaid to get the opportunity for him. Pint oh man wish he didn't end up with the Rockies. I would rather have Senzel, Pint or Groome as a Phillies fan.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to start out drafting May.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May?

What does everyone think about K Maitan? Is it crazy to select him 1.2? It's a toss up Groome, Tucker or Maitan. Don't think I can go wrong with any of them. Tucker quickest bat while Maitan and Groome are a long ways off.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May?

What does everyone think about K Maitan? Is it crazy to select him 1.2? It's a toss up Groome, Tucker or Maitan. Don't think I can go wrong with any of them. Tucker quickest bat while Maitan and Groome are a long ways off.

I did in the rookie draft we had in the league you invited me into. Young... but.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May?

by the way... did you ask about Story before? I put him on the block and there is interest, fyi.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would strongly consider Maitan then. Young but has all the makings of a potential stud at a premium position.

I did not ask about Story. I have Correa, Bogaerts and Torres so I should be set at SS for a very long time. Wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Kimbrel. But I don't know how smart that would be. As I don't see myself as a true contender with the death of Jose Fernandez.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would strongly consider Maitan then. Young but has all the makings of a potential stud at a premium position.

I did not ask about Story. I have Correa, Bogaerts and Torres so I should be set at SS for a very long time. Wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Kimbrel. But I don't know how smart that would be. As I don't see myself as a true contender with the death of Jose Fernandez.

crazy talk! you have some studs

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May?

Yes can't think of first name atm but he's supposed to start at OF for CWS.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ended up with Senzel, Maitan and Groome with my 3 picks.