• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 9.4 Spyder getting Cained

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the doggies were sucking and in our position, they acquired HanRam (next to Arias, the best 3B in the game at the time). They acquired AGon. Later, they acquired Betts. Then, when they were on top, they acquired Freeman.

The Giants acquired AJ Pollock.

I understand I am cherry-picking my anecdotes. I am ranting. But the core of my rant is accurate. FZ has had 5 years to turn around an empty organization and he has done Jack shit. The 2020 draft looks good, but when compared to the Braves 2020 draft, it is pedestrian at best. He has found a couple OK dumpster dives (primarily Wade and Yaz), but has whiffed on just about everything else.

I understand there are hits and misses with every organization. Sabes traded the loved Matty Williams, and got destroyed in the media for it. But he got Jeff Kent in return. As painful as that trade was, it was a good trade at the end of the day. But he also traded Nathan, Liriano and Bonser for Pierzynski. That’s one of the worst trades in the history of the game.

Some hits. Some misses.

But Sabes also reigned over the career of the greatest hitter in the history of the game and culminated in 3 World Championships. Even without the championships, Sabian’s time at the helm could probably be called a success.

FZ hasn’t done shit. Our farm is deeper, but SO FAR, it hasn’t produced. Luciano was already in the system when he got here, so he doesn’t count (same with Arteaga). I give him credit for Harrison, but even that is still 100% potential. And behind him, who do we have? Whisenhunt? McCray? Arias?

And remember, this is FIVE years in to his tenure. Adding one super prospect to the org in 5 years is not something to be bragging about.
I think that was well documented at the time...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a HUGE jump from #6 to #5 (24 runs). The next largest jump is between #1 and #2 (10 runs).

The Giants (#30) is 30 runs behind Oakland (#29).

They aren’t just bad. They are relatively bad as well. This is not just us blindly complaining that “our team is the worst”. No. Our team is legit the worst.
If they were to hit this way for an entire season, it would be one of the five WORST seasons in MLB history.