• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Jackson as VP, Talks w/ 3-4 Teams

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone else was watching Wilbon, Magic, Rose, and Simmons in the pre-game before the BOS/NYK game this morning, but Simmons and Wilbon said that Jeanie is going to take over this summer and that Magic knows something he can't say. It wasn't in jest either.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if anyone else was watching Wilbon, Magic, Rose, and Simmons in the pre-game before the BOS/NYK game this morning, but Simmons and Wilbon said that Jeanie is going to take over this summer and that Magic knows something he can't say. It wasn't in jest either.

really? and i missed this? hell, i'm all for it...

CL67

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If this happens, then we know God is a Laker fan!! :becky:

Jeannie should be running this franchise.............not Short Buss!!

From what I have seen, heard and read, Jeannie is much more like Dr. Buss in the way that she views running the franchise than Short Buss is!!

What was Magic's reaction when Simmons and Wilbon said that?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see how that makes any difference in assessing talent.
Because the talent he was bringing in was going to be coached by him and used in the triangle. He may bring in good to great talent, but doesn't mean the system (who's ever it may be) will be the right fit.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the talent he was bringing in was going to be coached by him and used in the triangle. He may bring in good to great talent, but doesn't mean the system (who's ever it may be) will be the right fit.

Not saying he's guaranteed to field a championship team but I think he's smart enough to figure out what type of players he would need for a given system lol.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to cite the SeeBS link here, because I never clicked on it myself and I wouldn't ever think of sending someone else to that trash site, but:

Multiple league sources have expressed doubts that Jackson -- whose fiancee, Jeanie Buss, has ascended to the lead ownership position with the Lakers -- ultimately will satisfy his basketball itch in Toronto. Similarly, sources say the prospect of joining forces again with Michael Jordan, owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, was not initially appealing to Jackson.

But the former Lakers and Bulls coach has grown more open-minded in recent weeks to entertaining any and all offers to employ him in an influential capacity. Several teams already have reached out through backchannels, sources say, and Jackson plans to listen to them all.

The key component of a potential Jackson return would be the ability to hire a head coach who would implement his vision. With three head coaching jobs currently open -- Charlotte, Philadelphia and Detroit -- and with several more potentially becoming vacant in the coming weeks, there is no shortage of opportunities for Jackson to mold a team's culture.

The Bucks, Nets and Suns are expected to formally open their coaching searches after interim coaches finished out the 2012-13 season. Larry Drew is in the final year of his contract in Atlanta, and there is uncertainty about the future of Rick Adelman in Minnesota, Lionel Hollins in Memphis and Vinny Del ***** with the Clippers -- with the status of the latter two potentially hinging on the outcome of their first-round playoff series.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During Game 3, Howard's girlfriend Christine Vest tweeted: "Officially can't stand D'Antoni." Then when someone asked her if she could coach the team, Vest replied: "noooo lol Phil can tho."

Not too far fetched to believe Howard wants Phil in LA, plus we know Kobe wants Phil back based on his recent tweets, so the only real question left is whether Phil wants to go there IMO.
I bet Phil is coming back to coach the Lakers next year. That sounds like social media marketing right there. D-Howard is letting the Lakers know what he wants without saying it himself.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Phil wants to coach anymore. He definitely doesn't want to travel. But his system would work if the Lakers keep Howard.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows? maybe he'd be instrumental in bringing back Brian Shaw to the fold(who ALSO knows the Triangle). i could maybe see that working out...

CL67

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Phil is coming back to coach the Lakers next year. That sounds like social media marketing right there. D-Howard is letting the Lakers know what he wants without saying it himself.

I don't think Phil wants to coach anymore. He definitely doesn't want to travel. But his system would work if the Lakers keep Howard.

It's difficult to know exactly what Phil will do. Reports are that he was very interested in returning to coach the Lakers and would have taken the job if Jim hadn't jumped the gun and hired D'Antoni rather than give Phil the weekend to think about it that he requested.

I would have to think that Phil would be intrigued at the prospect of his system with Dwight and Pau in the middle!! The Lakers might have to make a few concessions re: travel if it were too happen (maybe missing all or part of some East coast trips) but it should be doable.

The question is: will Jim Buss be man enough to swallow his pride and ask for Phil to return? That seems doubtful at this point!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who knows? maybe he'd be instrumental in bringing back Brian Shaw to the fold(who ALSO knows the Triangle). i could maybe see that working out...

CL67

He should have gotten the first crack at the job anyway...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult to know exactly what Phil will do. Reports are that he was very interested in returning to coach the Lakers and would have taken the job if Jim hadn't jumped the gun and hired D'Antoni rather than give Phil the weekend to think about it that he requested.

I would have to think that Phil would be intrigued at the prospect of his system with Dwight and Pau in the middle!! The Lakers might have to make a few concessions re: travel if it were too happen (maybe missing all or part of some East coast trips) but it should be doable.

The question is: will Jim Buss be man enough to swallow his pride and ask for Phil to return? That seems doubtful at this point!!

that'd be the problem when a man let's his ego and a personality conflict become more important to him than running a successful franchise...

CL67

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil or Mike?

Let's see:

Option 1) We could have a guy with 11 rings; Whose system works perfect with 2 big men; Who can coach big personalities; And who the fans and players want.

or

Option 2) We could have a guy with 0 rings; Who has no idea how to coach 2 big men; Who is at least partially responsible for Kobe's potential career threatening injury; And who neither the fans nor players want.

Yeah, why wouldn't we want guy #2???:wtf2:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been waiting for D'Antoni to prove me wrong but, he's gotta go! Let's get Shaw or Phil in here for the love of God.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Brain Shaw is going to be the coach next year. Not final yet though.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see:

Option 1) We could have a guy with 11 rings; Whose system works perfect with 2 big men; Who can coach big personalities; And who the fans and players want.

or

Option 2) We could have a guy with 0 rings; Who has no idea how to coach 2 big men; Who is at least partially responsible for Kobe's potential career threatening injury; And who neither the fans nor players want.

Yeah, why wouldn't we want guy #2???:wtf2:

don't forget......D'antoni is 1-14 in his last 15 playoff games

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget......D'antoni is 1-14 in his last 15 playoff games

That's true as well. Even bolsters the reason why we want D'Antoni back instead of Phil. D'Antoni has won a playoff game.