• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton officially retiring Monday.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about 1 break or a bounce, but the entire season was that way. I can't remember a D winning so many games for a team, when it looked like it was a loss. KC game and Balt come right to mind along with many others. Congrats on the SB, I don't think there was any luck behind their road. Pat's had 2 unlucky breaks vs Giants and then had a lucky one last year

That was our team all year. You are right this defense really went out there and won a lot of the games for us this year. That is how the Broncos designed the team though. Most of the resources were given to the defense with the high priced signings and the use of many of our top picks in the draft going to that side of the ball. So it is fitting that the Broncos then had the defense be the reason they won the Super Bowl. The offense was just along for the ride.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out a champion bravo.
Also before another neck surgery is needed.
Good for Peyton

Translation: Thank gawd this nightmare is over!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we say that about pretty much every Super Bowl Champion though? I mean it is the playoffs where one or two plays decide most games. Your Super Bowl the year before...if the Seahawks run the football instead of pass it maybe they are back to back Super Bowl Champions. If the Ravens didn't turn the ball over the 2nd half of the divisional round then who knows what happens in that game. Just part of the equation when it comes to winning a Super Bowl in you do have to get a couple of lucky breaks to go your way.

Now that's the T-RUTH right there......A little luck at the right time =Championship.....
Talent is required, luck is needed.....
It was a great win, and I'm happy for PM, it's a perfect ending and a bright new beginning at the same time for him.....
He will be an OC somewhere and I wouldn't be opposed to having him in Bmore for sure...:2cents:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's the T-RUTH right there......A little luck at the right time =Championship.....
Talent is required, luck is needed.....
It was a great win, and I'm happy for PM, it's a perfect ending and a bright new beginning at the same time for him.....
He will be an OC somewhere and I wouldn't be opposed to having him in Bmore for sure...:2cents:

I would bet he takes the Elway way of post football career in actually trying to be a GM. Polian spoke about this that he would actually do scouting during his down time and talk to Polian about players he really wanted to see on the team.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton is one classy guy!!!

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so easy to hate both ways though! That's what made this an even bigger rivalry.

Great memories from Peyton and I wish him the best of luck in what ever he does... Guess this means we will see even more Papa John's commercials

Please. For the love of God, NO!!!

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet he takes the Elway way of post football career in actually trying to be a GM. Polian spoke about this that he would actually do scouting during his down time and talk to Polian about players he really wanted to see on the team.

Well, you never know, I never saw Elway as a GM but either he has done a good job or been extremely lucky...
Either way, I don't know another player turned GM with a SB win....
Think about it, ex qb GM, his ex backup and then OC now HC , both win a SB together on the same team they played for,....Pretty unique !!!! :yo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you never know, I never saw Elway as a GM but either he has done a good job or been extremely lucky...
Either way, I don't know another player turned GM with a SB win....
Think about it, ex qb GM, his ex backup and then OC now HC , both win a SB together on the same team they played for,....Pretty unique !!!! :yo:

It goes beyond that. Wade Phillips used to be our Head Coach for a while. Rick Dennison our OC played for the Broncos from 1982-1990 then coached from 1995-2009 before going to Houston. Joe DeCamillis also coached in Denver as our Special Teams coach from 1988-1992. So every one of our Coordinators have coached here with some of them being players as well. A lot of these guys got their start in Denver so Elway I think figured this job would matter more to them than most.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It goes beyond that. Wade Phillips used to be our Head Coach for a while. Rick Dennison our OC played for the Broncos from 1982-1990 then coached from 1995-2009 before going to Houston. Joe DeCamillis also coached in Denver as our Special Teams coach from 1988-1992. So every one of our Coordinators have coached here with some of them being players as well. A lot of these guys got their start in Denver so Elway I think figured this job would matter more to them than most.

I forgot about Wade, but didn't know about the others....All the more proof that unity is power !!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about Wade, but didn't know about the others....All the more proof that unity is power !!!

To me this is the untold part of building a championship caliber team. It goes beyond just getting talented players and coaches. It takes a great locker room and unified effort to get where you need to go. Everybody has to be on the same page of what is happening and why it is happening. Doesn't mean they have to agree on everything and they shouldn't but they should respect the entire process.