• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete DeBoer death watch - Upd (Oates and Stevens to coach Devils)

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may hop on that bandwagon. The team does not look motivated, taking a lot of bad penalties which is something the Devils have never done, a refusal to scratch the captain who has been the worst player on the team, dragging his feet in regards to playing younger, more talented guys over vets that "hustle". He's no longer the right coach for this team, time to move on.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's strange, the Devils finally have some stability at the HC position for the first time in a long time and they missed the playoffs 2 straight years, not looking great so far. Maybe there was a method to Lou's madness of having a revolving door of head coaches? The Devils were winning the division every year with new coaches.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not helping the team by starting Schneider every single night, either. I mean, my goodness, there's a reason no other goaltender in the league starts this high a density of games. Even Fleury's gotten games off, and the Pens have had most of their games pretty spaced out to start the season. And it's not like he's been on fire, either. He's been okay, but his performance has been replaceable on a single-game basis, and it's going to get worse if he gets worn down.

Exhausting your number one is a poor strategy, no matter who he is.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not helping the team by starting Schneider every single night, either. I mean, my goodness, there's a reason no other goaltender in the league starts this high a density of games. Even Fleury's gotten games off, and the Pens have had most of their games pretty spaced out to start the season. And it's not like he's been on fire, either. He's been okay, but his performance has been replaceable on a single-game basis, and it's going to get worse if he gets worn down.

Exhausting your number one is a poor strategy, no matter who he is.

They really need a backup - and even though Marty Brodeur has struggled the last two seasons, if he could just stay and play 15-20 games or so, that's about what he would get if he signed elsewhere

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a backup, Keith Kinkaid has been a quality AHL goalie for a few years now. We may see him tonight.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though they won, and Schneider played well enough, they really need to give him a breather soon...

deBoer is an idiot on this issue. He keeps saying Corey is not fatigued. Probably true as it's early in the year but...

THE REASON YOU PLAY THE BACKUP EARLY IN THE YEAR IS TO KEEP THE STARTER FROM BECOMING FATIGUED...YOU DON'T WAIT UNTIL HE'S SHOT YOU DOPE!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deBoer is an idiot on this issue. He keeps saying Corey is not fatigued. Probably true as it's early in the year but...

THE REASON YOU PLAY THE BACKUP EARLY IN THE YEAR IS TO KEEP THE STARTER FROM BECOMING FATIGUED...YOU DON'T WAIT UNTIL HE'S SHOT YOU DOPE!

But, I thought DOPE was good (as in "That video was DOPE, man")

/Maybe I'm just old.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit! Forgot about this thread! I'm surprised he made it through the last 3 game losing streak

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deboer's a good coach but I think he's as good as gone in New Jersey IMO.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deboer's a good coach but I think he's as good as gone in New Jersey IMO.

I love his system and style of play, with the right players it works wonders (see the 2012 cup run). With the current lineup an uptempo, strong forecheck isn't going to work, there isn't enough speed on the team. Also, he has some nuances that after 4 years have gotten old, like being overly critical of young, developing players but looking the other way when vets screw up.