• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to St. Pete to Take on the Rays September 16-18

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he is a FA. We really don’t need him and short sell us and even Huff. Also keeping him puts Garver on 1B and bet Huff In AAA
This guy won’t be a minor leaguer I think
I already read where he could be on the team in 2023.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only reason I can think is they plan on trading one of Garver/Huff/Heim and want some depth?
Other than Contreras, and C Vasquez the FA catching depth is not much..

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant's very boring prediction at the Opening Day roster in 2023.

Starting pitchers (5): RHP Jon Gray, LHP Martin Perez, RHP Jameson Taillon, RHP Michael Wacha, LHP Cole Ragans.

Relievers (8): RHP Jonathan Hernández, LHP Matt Moore, RHP José Leclerc, LHP Brock Burke, LHP Taylor Hearn, LHP Brett Martin, LHP John King, RHP Dennis Santana.

Catchers (2): Jonah Heim, Mitch Garver (DH).

Infielders (6): 1B Nathaniel Lowe, 2B Marcus Semien, SS Corey Seager, 3B Josh Jung, INF-OF Josh Smith, INF Mark Mathias.

Outfielders (5): LF Michael Conforto, CF Leody Taveras, RF Adolis García, OF Bubba Thompson, OF Brad Miller.

Where is Duran, Huff and Dunning?

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember you're dealing with EG

True true
I’d get it if they were missing and 1 stud trade was there but didn’t see that lol

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s going to be an interesting off season. There is no way they should stand pat with this bullpen.
Don't believe that will happen.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t trust the front office. Seems like they’re bound and determined to make Howard a MLB pitcher, when clearly he is not one.
There will be trades with packages that will clean up some of this mess. Just have to wait out this season till ball starts rolling

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Duran, Huff and Dunning?
He said Dunning walks too many and until he gets better at that he can't be in the rotation. I asked him how we would know he is better if he wasn't pitching up here. Lol

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it is ok to have options even at catcher but surely they don’t offer him a contract for next year early o if he is indeep a free agent.

I surely don’t want minor upgrades in the OF. If se sign another bat they better be elite.
But still pitching is the obvious need and why they are waiting on signing Marteen escapes me
He is a great fit here and we are for him too

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be trades with packages that will clean up some of this mess. Just have to wait out this season till ball starts rolling
Maybe so

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t trust the front office. Seems like they’re bound and determined to make Howard a MLB pitcher, when clearly he is not one.
He is the low end of AAA fodder. They parked him there. Is that not what they are supposed to do? Would not be surprised if he is part of a trade package as well

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the low end of AAA fodder. They parked him there. Is that not what they are supposed to do? Would not be surprised if he is part of a trade package as well
I don't want to throw in an extra player just so someone will take Howard like we had to do with Matt Harrison.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason he is at AAA, is got injured. He will have his second rehab start on Saturday. Other wise he would still be with the big club. The Rangers are not about to admit that they made a mistake with him.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant's very boring prediction at the Opening Day roster in 2023.

Starting pitchers (5): RHP Jon Gray, LHP Martin Perez, RHP Jameson Taillon, RHP Michael Wacha, LHP Cole Ragans.

Relievers (8): RHP Jonathan Hernández, LHP Matt Moore, RHP José Leclerc, LHP Brock Burke, LHP Taylor Hearn, LHP Brett Martin, LHP John King, RHP Dennis Santana.

Catchers (2): Jonah Heim, Mitch Garver (DH).

Infielders (6): 1B Nathaniel Lowe, 2B Marcus Semien, SS Corey Seager, 3B Josh Jung, INF-OF Josh Smith, INF Mark Mathias.

Outfielders (5): LF Michael Conforto, CF Leody Taveras, RF Adolis García, OF Bubba Thompson, OF Brad Miller.
Taillon is another you get maybe 5 innings guy :doh:
Wacha has had some off and on success :yawn:
Not really alot of decent FAs to choose from I'm guessing they'll trade for at least 1 decent SP to help make the 40 man decisions easier
Other than 3 bad outings that drove up his ERA Santana wasn't too bad
Hearn did drop his ERA a full run after he went to the pen full time so :noidea:
Hernandez/LeClerc both coming back from TJS and throwing way too many pitches per inning
Garver never really wanted him in the 1st place too many injuries, hope he has a decent stretch right before trade deadline so someone will want him.
Mathias is all about his bat if he can sustain it, hasn't in the past.
Conforto/Miller is about they don't trust Taveras/Thompson/White yet

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to throw in an extra player just so someone will take Howard like we had to do with Matt Harrison.
I doubt that is a scenario. He has no contract needing to eat like Matt H

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason he is at AAA, is got injured. He will have his second rehab start on Saturday. Other wise he would still be with the big club. The Rangers are not about to admit that they made a mistake with him.
I really doubt that but if he does make a start this year it won’t matter since our pitching staff is depleted and Ragans is about to be shut down.

Part of the issue is we just don’t have the options we thought. We counted on Winn without a legitimate backup option

There is the real gripe