• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll criticizes NCAA on sanctions

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good try, but neither of those links stated that the NCAA had cleared McKnight of any NCAA violations. One of them wrote that McKnight said and that the other was that USC said.

He drove an agent's car, that's not legal according to the NCAA. Like I wrote earlier the NCAA probably decided that him being held out of the Emerald Bowl was enough punishment.

Actually, they were both quotes from Pat Haden.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKnight lied to investigators about driving the car and then recanted. When Myck Kybongo did that it cost him 23 basketball games. When Dez Bryant lied to the investigators and then recanted, it cost him an entire football season.

The fact that McKnight was held out of the bowl game and then went pro was enough punishment for the NCAA.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKnight lied to investigators about driving the car and then recanted. When Myck Kybongo did that it cost him 23 basketball games. When Dez Bryant lied to the investigators and then recanted, it cost him an entire football season.

The fact that McKnight was held out of the bowl game and then went pro was enough punishment for the NCAA.

You may be right. I just remember it being said that when the NCAA saw USC's report, it was determined that he could have played, but the clearance from the NCAA didn't come in time.

Unfortunately, the only links I could find were the quotes from Pat Haden and a couple from 12-24-09 that stated he had been cleared to practice with the team, but not cleared to play in the game.

I couldn't even find one that backed your assertion that the NCAA determined that the punishment levied by USC was enough.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. I just remember it being said that when the NCAA saw USC's report, it was determined that he could have played, but the clearance from the NCAA didn't come in time.

Unfortunately, the only links I could find were the quotes from Pat Haden and a couple from 12-24-09 that stated he had been cleared to practice with the team, but not cleared to play in the game.

I couldn't even find one that backed your assertion that the NCAA determined that the punishment levied by USC was enough.

I don't recall the NCAA putting out a statement concerning McKnight after the bowl game. My assertion is merely a theory, due to the NCAA not putting out a report.

I think if the NCAA had put out a ruling, it would have meant another USC violation and consideration of the Death Penalty. I don't believe that the NCAA wants to ever do that again, probably because it would mean a lawsuit and the NCAA tends to lose them.

I don't agree with the Death Penalty. I think that instead the NCAA should just disallow any new scholarships in that sport for a year and allow them to keep playing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the NCAA putting out a statement concerning McKnight after the bowl game. My assertion is merely a theory, due to the NCAA not putting out a report.

I think if the NCAA had put out a ruling, it would have meant another USC violation and consideration of the Death Penalty. I don't believe that the NCAA wants to ever do that again, probably because it would mean a lawsuit and the NCAA tends to lose them.

I don't agree with the Death Penalty. I think that instead the NCAA should just disallow any new scholarships in that sport for a year and allow them to keep playing.

Yeah, there's got to be something better than punishing innocent players and coaches for the misdeeds of players and/or coaches who just move on to the NFL and suffer no consequences.

I'd also like to see the formation of an independent committee to review NCAA investigations and punishments and to hear appeals.