• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penn State @ The Ohio State

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ballgame

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allur and Penn state stink.
there's no explosiveness. Can't really throw down field either. Doesn't help PSU's OL is, well, not very good.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God this game is over, and hopefully Gus Johnson never calls another Ohio State game that I watch. If I hear Maserati Marv one more fucking time I may give up football and start watching WNBA games or something.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU not ready to sit at the big boy table
Right from the start Allar looked like a deer in the headlights
And as mentioned here Penn State doesn’t have any receivers that can get open
And Ohio State defense was stellar
I don’t know why Penn State kept trying to go wide on running plays
Buckeyes too fast for that nonsense
Especially the stupid halfback pass attempts

Defense played good but had no answer for Harrison Jr
Ohio State wore the defense down

In short another typically coached game by Franklin against one of the powerhouses

——you must be this tall to ride this ride
|
|
|
| PSU
|
|

Sorry Penn State - you are not tall enough
Run along to the “It’s a small world” ride over there

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase that...

This offense fucking sucks

Can't disagree with that.

Has the offense been at full strength for one game this season? Henderson's been really limited and EE missed the game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God this game is over, and hopefully Gus Johnson never calls another Ohio State game that I watch. If I hear Maserati Marv one more fucking time I may give up football and start watching WNBA games or something.
Agreed. Sickening in the 4th quarter. Maserati this, maserati that. The kid has an actual name.

Allar looked bad because he had no protection and nobody could get open. I think he's a lot better than this in the long run. He needs a better offensive line and a receiver that can actually get separation, to start.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Maserati Marv stuff was annoying.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: yes that was a bit annoying

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree with that.

Has the offense been at full strength for one game this season? Henderson's been really limited and EE missed the game.
Full strength or not, these are the Ohio State Buckeyes. They are at the top of the recruiting world year after year. So they shouldnt be looking this inept, game after game, if one or two starters happens to be out

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full strength or not, these are the Ohio State Buckeyes. They are at the top of the recruiting world year after year. So they shouldnt be looking this inept, game after game, if one or two starters happens to be out
Hard to believe, but PSU has really good players on defense.

Day and Kyle both said after the game that the way the defense was playing their main focus was not turning the ball over once they got the lead.

PSU's offense is not good enough to play against Ohio State's defense. That was the difference in the game. I know it's not what Buckeye fans are used to, but if the defense keeps this up throughout the entire year, they will be fine.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe, but PSU has really good players on defense.

Day and Kyle both said after the game that the way the defense was playing their main focus was not turning the ball over once they got the lead.

PSU's offense is not good enough to play against Ohio State's defense. That was the difference in the game. I know it's not what Buckeye fans are used to, but if the defense keeps this up throughout the entire year, they will be fine.
Fine until they play Michigan. As good as the defense has been, the offense will need to score more than 20 points for then to have a chance against the wolverines

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCord isn't the QB Buckeyes fans have been use to watching the last handful of years. He's not the same caliber.

And not much as far as rb depth.

I saw your comment about playing that team in ann arbor. Always a concern. Especially considering the last couple of years. Ohio State has some games to work things out. And hopefully get as close to 100% as possible with the injuries.

They better be focused & ready on 11/25. Because that team is damn good this season.

fuck meeeechegan!!!

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine until they play Michigan. As good as the defense has been, the offense will need to score more than 20 points for then to have a chance against the wolverines
They don't play TCUN next week. People forget that fans were screaming for CJ to be benched the first year he started.

The biggest problem with the team right now is the lack of quality run blocking combined with the guy starting (Chip) has 0 vision. if the hole is slightly shifted from the playcall, he misses it.

If and when the time comes, I believe Day will open up the playbook. That time has not yet arrived.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCord isn't the QB Buckeyes fans have been use to watching the last handful of years. He's not the same caliber.

And not much as far as rb depth.

I saw your comment about playing that team in ann arbor. Always a concern. Especially considering the last couple of years. Ohio State has some games to work things out. And hopefully get as close to 100% as possible with the injuries.

They better be focused & ready on 11/25. Because that team is damn good this season.

fuck meeeechegan!!!

Doesn't feel like your WR play outside of Harrison and Egbuka has been that great either, and the latter has been hurt. At least Stover's stepped up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over the long run- all college football teams ebb and flow beside Ohio State. It is hard to remember a time when OSU was down for more than a year or two.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
over the long run- all college football teams ebb and flow beside Ohio State. It is hard to remember a time when OSU was down for more than a year or two.
What the fuck ever

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't play TCUN next week. People forget that fans were screaming for CJ to be benched the first year he started.

The biggest problem with the team right now is the lack of quality run blocking combined with the guy starting (Chip) has 0 vision. if the hole is slightly shifted from the playcall, he misses it.

If and when the time comes, I believe Day will open up the playbook. That time has not yet arrived.
We're past the halfway point of the season. If Day doesnt think its time to open up the playbook by NOW, then its never going to be time