• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT's/GNT's

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 day break, then we host the Dallas Stars on the 16th.

Great way to start the season.

The Doobster is pleased...

:suds:

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game last night, I was up in Wilkes-Barre watching the Baby Pens get demolished in the season opener 5 - 2 by the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. (nee Adirondak Phantoms, nee Philadelphia Phantoms) The game was not as close as the score indicated. Baby Pens were out of sync all night and Zatkoff was lost out there.

They did have a nice moment in the opening ceremonies when they brought the Police Officer who survived the Frein shooting along with his family. His two boys dropped the opening pucks and then both teams lined up and shook hands with the officer and his wife and fist bumped the two kids. It was nice.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing he does well is go to the net. When playing with Crosby he doesn't need to be good in open ice and basically just do what Kunitz does and he does it well on top of having a good shot.

Honestly, Hornqvist is far superior in close as far as tips, and getting shots off in traffic than Kunitz, IMO.

Wouldn't be against dropping Kunitz down to the second line, and moving Dupuis back up to the first.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Hornqvist is far superior in close as far as tips, and getting shots off in traffic than Kunitz, IMO.

Wouldn't be against dropping Kunitz down to the second line, and moving Dupuis back up to the first.

Oh yeah I think Hornqvist is the better player and truly don't think Kunitz is good at sniping at all in traffic.

I like that idea, since they have Sutter already with Malkin who can help in the defensive zone I think Kunitz would be perfect. The main reason is that how Malkin likes that skate/dangle more than Crosby, Kunitz is perfect where he can just stand in front of the net.

Side note when they put Crosby/Malkin out there together (5 on 5) I hope we will see more of Hornqvist than Kunitz going forward.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've loved watching Hornqvist play so far. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he out-produced Neal this year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game last night, I was up in Wilkes-Barre watching the Baby Pens get demolished in the season opener 5 - 2 by the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. (nee Adirondak Phantoms, nee Philadelphia Phantoms) The game was not as close as the score indicated. Baby Pens were out of sync all night and Zatkoff was lost out there.

They did have a nice moment in the opening ceremonies when they brought the Police Officer who survived the Frein shooting along with his family. His two boys dropped the opening pucks and then both teams lined up and shook hands with the officer and his wife and fist bumped the two kids. It was nice.

Sounds like a fun time man, glad you enjoyed the game :suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've loved watching Hornqvist play so far. And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he out-produced Neal this year.

I know it's early but so far James Neal has 0 goals, 0 assists, and is a -2.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has a great shot, but I don't know if he'll be able to use it without a playmaker of Malkin's calibre to set him up. Hornqvist's style allows him to produce no matter who's on his line, but with a guy like Crosby or Malkin who can get the puck to the net and let him do his thing in front, I think he can really thrive.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a great shot, but I don't know if he'll be able to use it without a playmaker of Malkin's calibre to set him up. Hornqvist's style allows him to produce no matter who's on his line, but with a guy like Crosby or Malkin who can get the puck to the net and let him do his thing in front, I think he can really thrive.

Yeah & he really adds a new dimension to the team with a right handed shot. Last few years all our 1 timers came from the opposing goalies' left side, we were rather predictable. Really like having someone who could shoot from the other side.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Horny's one hell of a player & brings a lot to the team & ice!

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to hold off on checking up on Neal, Niskannen and Orpik. It will be at least until November before we can see a definite pattern.

There were also some comments above about why Kunitz is on Sid's line. I think one reason is he can throw his weight around and keep people from running at Sid. From a purely playing ability perspective, I'd like to see Dupuis with Sid, but I like the way Sids line is going now. Sutter seems to be enjoying playing with Malkin so there is another reason not to mess with the lines.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to hold off on checking up on Neal, Niskannen and Orpik. It will be at least until November before we can see a definite pattern.

There were also some comments above about why Kunitz is on Sid's line. I think one reason is he can throw his weight around and keep people from running at Sid. From a purely playing ability perspective, I'd like to see Dupuis with Sid, but I like the way Sids line is going now. Sutter seems to be enjoying playing with Malkin so there is another reason not to mess with the lines.

Niskanen has 0 goals 0 assists & even in +-

Orpik has 0 goals 0 assists & is a +1

So far we miss Orpik the most so good riddance :suds: