• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins GDT/GNT's week 7 (Nov 17 - Nov 23)

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flower has been skrong :nod:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great win! Habs came int this game as the hottest team in hockey, with the most points in the league, and one of the toughest home arenas to play in. Pens went in there and beat them 4-0! Everything was clicking tonight.

The Doobster is pleased :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the whole team looked great. Maatta being back there instead of Bortuzzo just deepens the defense so much.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great win! Habs came int this game as the hottest team in hockey, with the most points in the league, and one of the toughest home arenas to play in. Pens went in there and beat them 4-0! Everything was clicking tonight.

Oh ye of little faith. You didn't think the Pens could beat the Habs. Fluery was good, but the Pens played very well in their own zone. Habs bottled up the first and second lines, but didn't have an answer for the third line. Good game with a good result!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ye of little faith. You didn't think the Pens could beat the Habs. Fluery was good, but the Pens played very well in their own zone. Habs bottled up the first and second lines, but didn't have an answer for the third line. Good game with a good result!

True but the Pens weren't looking sharp going into this game while the Habs were looking very good. Glad the Pens proved me wrong tho :suds:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit...Skid scored. Granted, it's a PP goal...but that's a start!

I will keep picking them to lose!:suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit...Skid scored. Granted, it's a PP goal...but that's a start!

I will keep picking them to lose!:suds:

Same here scouty, gonna pick the Islanders to beat us the next game just to see if this works.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great win!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you guys play the goalies for the home & home set against the Islanders? I say MAF on Friday night at home & Greiss on Saturday night on the road. That would give MAF a better chance of winning & hopefully get him his 300th win before his 30th birthday (November 28th).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you guys play the goalies for the home & home set against the Islanders? I say MAF on Friday night at home & Greiss on Saturday night on the road. That would give MAF a better chance of winning & hopefully get him his 300th win before his 30th birthday (November 28th).

I'd probably go that way, yeah. He's got a little momentum from the shutout of the Canadiens, so no need to sit him an extra day if it can be avoided.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably go that way, yeah. He's got a little momentum from the shutout of the Canadiens, so no need to sit him an extra day if it can be avoided.

:agree:

Flower Power has been skrong this season :nod:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that's the way to go too!

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about trading Scott Harrington, Brian Dumoulin, Philip Samuelsson, or even Derrick Pouliot for a winger. I wouldn't trade Pouliot but I would consider trading 1 or 2 of the other 3.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were talking about trading Scott Harrington, Brian Dumoulin, Philip Samuelsson, or even Derrick Pouliot for a winger. I wouldn't trade Pouliot but I would consider trading 1 or 2 of the other 3.
Gotta agree with you there. Pouliot has a lot of potential, but Dumoulin proved he couldn't play in the NHL, he's not even that good in the AHL. Harrington maybe, and I like Samuelson but he cleared waivers to be sent back to the AHL so I guess I'm the only one who likes him.

The only thing is the Pens would be clearing out their D men in Wilkes-Barre and I don't know who, besides the Stars would take those guys for a good winger. (On the old FN boards I used to kid Otis P. Driftwood, who is a Stars fan, for taking Gologoski off our hands and giving us Neal and Niskannen for him. Then they picked up Gonchar by way of Ottawa. He doesn't like me too much.) I think that would hurt the Baby Pens too much. I'd promote a winger and give him a shot, before I'd pull a trade like that. Give Megna another shot. He didn't do too bad last time and he's doing real good in Wilkes-Barre now.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta agree with you there. Pouliot has a lot of potential, but Dumoulin proved he couldn't play in the NHL, he's not even that good in the AHL. Harrington maybe, and I like Samuelson but he cleared waivers to be sent back to the AHL so I guess I'm the only one who likes him.

The only thing is the Pens would be clearing out their D men in Wilkes-Barre and I don't know who, besides the Stars would take those guys for a good winger. (On the old FN boards I used to kid Otis P. Driftwood, who is a Stars fan, for taking Gologoski off our hands and giving us Neal and Niskannen for him. Then they picked up Gonchar by way of Ottawa. He doesn't like me too much.) I think that would hurt the Baby Pens too much. I'd promote a winger and give him a shot, before I'd pull a trade like that. Give Megna another shot. He didn't do too bad last time and he's doing real good in Wilkes-Barre now.

I like Megna too, but IDK if he could take over the role of Dupuis, we need to make some sort of move in order to fill in that void IMO.