• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penguins GDT/GNT week 9 (Dec 1st -Dec 7th)

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortuzzo just decked Jagr. I think he got away with interference, though. Otherwise looked largely clean on the first look.

Agreed it was late, didn't seem to be illegal though as far as elbow or head contact.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty amazing to see how well Despres and Bortuzzo have played this year now that they're being given an honest to God chance to show what they can do. Dan Bylsma completely wasted those two during his tenure.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, been impressed with Borts, he had a terrible game against the Isles last week, has bounced back well.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready to take the ice are YOOOOOUR, PITTSBURGH PENGUINS!!!!

tumblr_inline_ncwbx5T93S1qbcy5t.png

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like they have started playoff mode early this year, the clutching and grabbing is out of control.

Good to see the Pens able to shut teams down though. They do have the lowest Goals Against Per Game in the East.
I was thinking it looked like playoff hockey too. I don't mind when they don't call the little stuff, it helps keep the game going, but they were completely ignoring flagrant hooks, holds, and cross checks. Can't blame Geno for getting into it like he did. A person can only take so much.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must be playoff hockey...Skid nowhere on the score sheet.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff hockey against a non-playoff team tho, not a good sign.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bortuzzo is going to have to answer for his bone crushing hit he put on JJ last night.

2014-12-02-21_56_18.gif

He's probably going to get at least a fine, and likely a game or two because of who he hit. It should have been called as an interference play as the puck was no where near them. But, hey the NHL officiating that I have observed of late doesn't seem to really give a shit where the puck is when you lower the boom on someone. :ohwell:

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bortuzzo is going to have to answer for his bone crushing hit he put on JJ last night.

2014-12-02-21_56_18.gif

He's probably going to get at least a fine, and likely a game or two because of who he hit. It should have been called as an interference play as the puck was no where near them. But, hey the NHL officiating that I have observed of late doesn't seem to really give a shit where the puck is when you lower the boom on someone. :ohwell:

I would suspend him for that. Bortuzzo was an idiot last night. Say what you want about Jagr but he's an all-time great legend. A no name like Bortuzzo has no business getting all up in his face & then putting him out with a hit like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suspend him for that. Bortuzzo was an idiot last night. Say what you want about Jagr but he's an all-time great legend. A no name like Bortuzzo has no business getting all up in his face & then putting him out with a hit like that.

No argument from me, Doobs. It clearly is late, and should have been an interference call. Bobby is gonna have to pay for it.

I do have an overall problem though, and that is with the pathetic and inept officiating I have seen on display over the past say month of the season. I cannot even keep track of the amount of interference plays I have seen both for and against the Pens of late.

The refs just don't seem to care if it's interference, and when they start letting stuff go, is it any surprise that we see a guy like Bortuzzo try and push the limits of what they are willing to ignore?

See, I say it is the refs fault for things like this occuring. There were numerous instances early on in that game last night where they should have put a player in the box for obvious interference. Plus, Jagr and Bortuzzo were going at each other before this occurred. So send them both packing for roughing and then maybe we don't have to see Jags get planted like that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument from me, Doobs. It clearly is late, and should have been an interference call. Bobby is gonna have to pay for it.

I do have an overall problem though, and that is with the pathetic and inept officiating I have seen on display over the past say month of the season. I cannot even keep track of the amount of interference plays I have seen both for and against the Pens of late.

The refs just don't seem to care if it's interference, and when they start letting stuff go, is it any surprise that we see a guy like Bortuzzo try and push the limits of what they are willing to ignore?

See, I say it is the refs fault for things like this occuring. There were numerous instances early on in that game last night where they should have put a player in the box for obvious interference. Plus, Jagr and Bortuzzo were going at each other before this occurred. So send them both packing for roughing and then maybe we don't have to see Jags get planted like that.

True true poor game management by the refs the past few games :scratch:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hits him in the head...he will be sitting for a few. Poor hit by Bortz

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we call up Dumoulin or Samuelsson.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we call up Dumoulin or Samuelsson.

Dum is already up, Doobs. He joined them yesterday while Letang is on the IR.

Heard today that Kunitz's injury is a broken bone in his foot. Sound like a couple of weeks. Injuries have started to stack up all of a sudden. Good thing they have all that depth at forward in the minors :rollseyes:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, I don't see why he has 'no business' the hit sure because it was illegal.

But that is how scrubs make in the NHL, going after stars. Personally, I love seeing other teams stars in uncomfortable situations, because other teams do that to the Pens stars constantly, turnabout it fair play.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree with you more. OK, it may have been interference, but nobody ever calls that. They say he was "finishing the check." As far as fine/suspension the hit was head on and the shoulder got the chest and head of Jagr. The rule says that the hit has to be from the back or side and target mainly the head. I don't see how Bortuzzo could get fined or suspended for that. Then again the League can do whatever they want to, and they've proved that over and over again.

As was said above Jagr and Bortuzzo were going after each other all night long. Bortuzzo just got the last hit in.