• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pederson is still an idiot

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who should Pederson blame for having Kelce at center still??? And who put Seumalo at Guard??

Seumalo looked good last year at T and G, and pretty good in camp. So no fault for putting him in there at LG first. Also in the sense of letting him gain experience for when he replaces Kelce next year. The thinking was sound.

And Kelce, at least against KC was decent; Seumalo's f-ups made him look much worse than he played.

There are only so many holes you can fix at once.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that Wentz just went to #2 overall in the NFL of most passes completed over 18 games.. 2nd only to Andrew Luck. He already set a rookie record last year of most pass completions in a rookie season.

I'm just curious, if Pederson thinks the running game needs to be fixed, WHO does he think is calling the plays and broke it??? Why does he talk about himself as if it's another person??
Completing passes wins games.:nod:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D bailed out Peterseon on the ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC going for it on 4th and 8 at midfield right before half. Thats was an abysmal play call. Punt the fucking ball.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we have all the tools to be a prolific O and is just waiting to explode....but Dougie P.

I feel like he's the only one associated with the O that's not getting better. Ok Torry Smith isn't getting better either. Dougies dumbassery is tempering my enthusiasm

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D bailed out Peterseon on the ABSOLUTELY IDIOTIC going for it on 4th and 8 at midfield right before half. Thats was an abysmal play call. Punt the fucking ball.
NYG got 0 points off that possession.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we have all the tools to be a prolific O and is just waiting to explode....but Dougie P.

I feel like he's the only one associated with the O that's not getting better. Ok Torry Smith isn't getting better either. Dougies dumbassery is tempering my enthusiasm

I'm more taking this stance... pray that Douglas develops into a good #2 and Sidney Jones becomes a star.
If that happens we need a Guard, a Center, a RB and we will be contenders. Until that happens on O we wont be a prolific O.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG got 0 points off that possession.

Yes, but we got really freaking LUCKY. Pedersen is being ROASTED all ready in the Philly papers and radio for the stupidity. 4th and 8??? Is he an idiot?

They really kind of scored on that Shepard almost TD

Abysmal play call

Last edited:

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on historical data, it was actually the correct call to go for it on 4th and 8 in that part of the field. The way the defense had been playing to that point did not suggest it to be a bad idea either.

What changed thing was Wentz stupidly taking a sack when he had Blount open from the very start of the play with lots of real estate in front of him.

Of course Pederson is being roasted for it - most of the blowhards do not look beyond the most simplistic numbers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on historical data, it was actually the correct call to go for it on 4th and 8 in that part of the field. The way the defense had been playing to that point did not suggest it to be a bad idea either.

What changed thing was Wentz stupidly taking a sack when he had Blount open from the very start of the play with lots of real estate in front of him.

Of course Pederson is being roasted for it - most of the blowhards do not look beyond the most simplistic numbers.

We all have opinions and I respect yours but not with 8 yards that deep. He is getting killed by the Philly fans and media.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have opinions and I respect yours but not with 8 yards that deep. He is getting killed by the Philly fans and media.

Sure he is - whatever Doug does, from day one a number of dominant Philly media people have decided they do not like him at all... so they grasp at any straw they can to go after him. Even if their narrative is contradicted by the facts.

The idiots in the media treat 4th and 8 on the opponent's 43 yard line as if it is 4th and 8 from your own 5 yard line... these two are not remotely the same. That part of the field is an absolute no-man's land. Too long for a FG, and a punt is unlikely to gain you much.

BTW, Hicks went out the drive before the 4th and 8, Cox in the drive thereafter.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli completed 75% of his passes today. They didn't win.
It helps when they're actually in the first half and not after the defense goes into some form of prevent.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but we got really freaking LUCKY. Pedersen is being ROASTED all ready in the Philly papers and radio for the stupidity. 4th and 8??? Is he an idiot?

They really kind of scored on that Shepard almost TD

Abysmal play call
that aggressiveness doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the passivity in the previous downs that leads us to have to make those choices. How you gonna call safe plays downs 1-3 and suddenly get aggressive on 4th?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It helps when they're actually in the first half and not after the defense goes into some form of prevent.
he was pretty hot in the 1st half. I wanna say 9/10...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to see this historical data.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he is - whatever Doug does, from day one a number of dominant Philly media people have decided they do not like him at all... so they grasp at any straw they can to go after him. Even if their narrative is contradicted by the facts.

The idiots in the media treat 4th and 8 on the opponent's 43 yard line as if it is 4th and 8 from your own 5 yard line... these two are not remotely the same. That part of the field is an absolute no-man's land. Too long for a FG, and a punt is unlikely to gain you much.

BTW, Hicks went out the drive before the 4th and 8, Cox in the drive thereafter.

Just read on Philly.com 4th and 8 has a 15% conversion rate. IDIOTIC CALL!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more taking this stance... pray that Douglas develops into a good #2 and Sidney Jones becomes a star.
If that happens we need a Guard, a Center, a RB and we will be contenders. Until that happens on O we wont be a prolific O.

Besides Douglas and Jones, we have Mills and Darby. So, we have 4 good young corners. I also think with Seumalo at C, and Wiz at LG,we'l be fine going forward. We need to draft a young, tough G next year, as Wiz isn't getting any younger.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
39 carries - 193 yards. 2 TD. a 4.9 average.

i guess pederson is so damn smart and good he somehow 'fixed' the running game all by himself in less than a week. what a talented man this guy is! because, we all know, the running game is a disaster.. incapable of doing anything.

:noidea:

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again....did you even watched the game? The Eagles played that kind of defense all game. They were not playing late game prevent defense. The game was tied at 14 with 11 minutes left in the game. You only play prevent when you are blowing someone out......that did not occur here.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again....did you even watched the game? The Eagles played that kind of defense all game. They were not playing late game prevent defense. The game was tied at 14 with 11 minutes left in the game. You only play prevent when you are blowing someone out......that did not occur here.
The giants did nothing for 3 quarters. Eagles ran themselves up 14, and basically let the giants hang around because they ran the whole time instead of getting chunk yards in the passing game. The difference here is I'm not complaining. Pederson does what he does to give the team the best chance to win. He has great feel and was out calling Spags with just the run game going in every direction with every back.