• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pederson is still an idiot

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said it last year and i'll say it again this year. it's great to see players, reporters, etc. ripping him right now for not running the ball. his comments about how he wasn't happy with the run game and they couldn't do anything were mind boggling.

the dipshit gave blount 1 carry, which didn't even count because of a penalty. sproles was hitting holes and was close to ripping off a big one several times. he has no interest in sticking with the run and balancing it out. it's like watching a little kid playing madden.

any coach with simple fucking common sense knows that even if your running game is getting trashed, you still have to stick with it to a degree. it's the only way to keep the opposing defense honest and your QB from getting hammered.

and sadly, his playbook is very limited. it's the same bullshit fake play-action that nobody ever bites on the least bit. even if they ran the ball, which of course they don't, you can't do that crap on what.. 15? 20? passes per game? i mean, does he not fucking understand what play-action is?

there's no deep crossing routes, no deep in routes, no real creativity. he keeps attempting the same garbage screen plays that aren't working. then it's mostly dumps to ertz over the middle or short out routes on the sidelines. the huge majority of deep passes comes from wentz improvising after the pocket collapses.

pederson just fucking sucks. he held the god damn clipboard for reid while the walrus made the calls himself. schwartz is the one holding this team together right now. the eagles need a legit offensive coordinator to take full control. i hope more and more players start to turn on pederson. unfortunately, when that happens, it means they'll be losing.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
said it last year and i'll say it again this year. it's great to see players, reporters, etc. ripping him right now for not running the ball. his comments about how he wasn't happy with the run game and they couldn't do anything were mind boggling.

the dipshit gave blount 1 carry, which didn't even count because of a penalty. sproles was hitting holes and was close to ripping off a big one several times. he has no interest in sticking with the run and balancing it out. it's like watching a little kid playing madden.

any coach with simple fucking common sense knows that even if your running game is getting trashed, you still have to stick with it to a degree. it's the only way to keep the opposing defense honest and your QB from getting hammered.

and sadly, his playbook is very limited. it's the same bullshit fake play-action that nobody ever bites on the least bit. even if they ran the ball, which of course they don't, you can't do that crap on what.. 15? 20? passes per game? i mean, does he not fucking understand what play-action is?

there's no deep crossing routes, no deep in routes, no real creativity. he keeps attempting the same garbage screen plays that aren't working. then it's mostly dumps to ertz over the middle or short out routes on the sidelines. the huge majority of deep passes comes from wentz improvising after the pocket collapses.

pederson just fucking sucks. he held the god damn clipboard for reid while the walrus made the calls himself. schwartz is the one holding this team together right now. the eagles need a legit offensive coordinator to take full control. i hope more and more players start to turn on pederson. unfortunately, when that happens, it means they'll be losing.

In his mind, he probably thinks that the less he runs, the more effective the play action becomes because the opposing defense is thinking: "This dope has thrown 30 times in a row, he's bound to run the ball eventually." But Doug is not bound by the rules of common sense.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry,

but the idiots here are you guys.

The passing worked (that is when the ball moved).

The running game is a disaster, which is on the O-line (this week much more on Seumalo than Kelce though), as well as the RB's we have. I guess you would have been fine with running for the sake of running and ending up in 2nd and 3rd and 10+ downs, because that is what was happening.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, we're the idiots.. along with players, people in the business, writers, etc. not the guy who has very little coaching experience. not the guy who was basically holding a clipboard. not the guy who says the run game needs to be fixed, yet isn't doing a thing. he's the genius.

odd that the run game is a "disaster." sproles seemed to do just fine with his 48 yards on 10 carries. he was consistently breaking through the first wave and almost breaking the second. we can't speak on blount, because he didn't even register a carry.

pederson only attempted back to back running players ONCE. he's a FUCKING IDIOT. does anyone feel an opposing coach isn't smart enough to notice this? it's of no surprise as soon as KC went up 20-13, they just forced the eagles into a 3 and out. there was absolutely no reason to play the run.

you're basically talking out your ass. here's what the eagles did with long yards to go..

1st and 10 > 12 yard run
2nd and 13 > 6 yard run
2nd and 10 > 3 yard run
1st and 10 > -2 yard run
1st and 10 > 2 yard run
2nd and 15 > -3 yard run
1st and 10 > 6 yard run
1st and 10 > 11 yard run
2nd and 10 > 3 yard run
1st and 10 > 8 yard run
1st and 10 > 5 yard run
1st and 10 > -2 yard run

so you look at the negative impact running plays, and what do you see? 3 losses. one was sproles on a 2nd and 15, set up from a sack and fumble. the other two were smallwood, who should not have been getting carries over sproles or blount. regardless, the running game was doing JUST FINE and it sure as hell wasn't putting the eagles in a hole.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry,

but the idiots here are you guys.

The passing worked (that is when the ball moved).

The running game is a disaster, which is on the O-line (this week much more on Seumalo than Kelce though), as well as the RB's we have. I guess you would have been fine with running for the sake of running and ending up in 2nd and 3rd and 10+ downs, because that is what was happening.

It's been inefficient at times . . . but a disaster? Get out of here.

Aside from that, we ended up with plenty of 2nd and 3rd and long situations by passing on 1st down. Incomplete pass attempts and sacks don't help you gain yardage. Overall, I've been happy with the way the passing game has gone -- but they're still passing the ball too much.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The run game is there Pederson is just ignoring it. This is going to be a problem. I know some of you think the problem is run blocking but I am not buying that. You have to run to get into a rythem. It may not work early but late in the game it shows to have an impact as defensive lineman wear down. Just like offensive lineman wear down if all you do is pass...pass...pass.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about you watch the game next time before whining like a bitch about something that doesn't matter??? Mmmkay?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about you watch the game next time before whining like a bitch about something that doesn't matter??? Mmmkay?

he gave an opinion, backed it up with numbers. You just offered absolutely NOTHING supportive back, while calling him a name. It doesn't even matter if you agree or disagree with him, your offering nothing.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i did watch the game, you sarcastic clown. just because you don't like the view i offered doesn't make what i said false.

sproles had 48 yards on just 10 carries. he nearly broke free for significant yards numerous times. i also provided a mini log of when the eagles ran the ball on long yardage situations and what they accomplished. the running game clearly wasn't a negative, nor did it force the offense into bad situations. if anything, it was the other way around.

the eagles ran the ball just fine last year. now we're supposed to believe it's some impossible feat this year? after adding more weapons, getting lane back and wentz gaining experience? fuck out of here with that nonsense.

they are currently 12th in average at 4.0. yet they are ranked 24th in attempts and are still without a rushing TD. pederson is playing fuckin' madden with his new receivers and exposing wentz's health.

MANY people are aware of this. pederson has been criticized and even questioned why he has a head coaching position. players have been complaining. fans, writers, reporters. i suppose all these people aren't watching the game though. silly them.

seriously. you have to be a special kind of stupid to say it "doesn't matter."

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that Pederson, like Reid, doesn't like to run in the first half of games. He likes to get out to a lead and then run later. But unfortunately, that simply doesn't always work, because you don't always establish an early lead, and you don't always establish a running game in the second half without running it in the first.

I'd grab Wentz in all fantasy leagues if you could because I think he is going to have a very high number of pass attempts again this year.

Now that they have reportedly benched Seumalo in favor of Warmack, they may run a little more, just because it plays to his strengths. But until they bench Kelce, which is probably not happening this season, I think it will continue to be hard to run inside.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he gave an opinion, backed it up with numbers. You just offered absolutely NOTHING supportive back, while calling him a name. It doesn't even matter if you agree or disagree with him, your offering nothing.

He gave an opinion indeed, but I did see little backing up with numbers (the sole occasion when I said the running game was a disaster. The difference between him and e-nut is that he launched in a Cataldi style rant against Pederson, while e-nut went after him. Most staunch advocates of the running game did agree with Doug's playcalling for this game.

Fact is, he could do little if anything in the run game, and most of the 'bigger' runs were Sproles squirting through on the outside. There was nothing there in the middle at all. Fact is that Wentz carved up KC while passing the ball. Thing is, there is creativity in his game... many of the play-calls were correct, but lacked execution - especially on the so despised screen-plays and quick outs. The first screen -
if Seumalo does not completely whiff on his block, that is a TD, for example. No deep routes? Not sure what he was looking at, but there were quite a few. To provide some context (rather than just numbers).

Phillies does the same as the idiots who declare Wentz garbage based on statistics. He only applies that tactic to the running game to go after Pederson.

To go with numbers for KC:

1st drive: 2 run plays, none consecutive.
2nd drive: 2 runs, none consecutive.
3rd drive: 1 run.
4th drive: 1 run. at this point there were 8 Eagles runs called
5th drive: 0 runs (was after Sproles fumble)

2nd half

6th drive: 2 runs, none consecutive, one of them a Hill jet-sweep.
7th drive: 3 runs, none consecutive. First run was a designed QB run, final run was Hunt's TD (which was an f-up by the D-line and Hicks.

At this point: 1:21 left in 3rd quarter, 11 runs for KC (including a WR-sweep and QB-run) vs 12 Eagles runs.

8th drive: 0 runs (KC 11, Philly 13)
9th drive: 1 run (following Wentz deflection/INT); 6:27 left.

Philadelphia:

1st and 10: 12 yards, Sproles outside.
2nd and 13: 6 yards, Sproles outside (can barely turn the corner).
2nd and 10: 3 yards, Blount up the middle, Seumalo stonewalled (almost driven back) and Blount misses hole (and Seumalo is tossed around like a rag doll.
2nd and 10: 3 yards, Sproles up the middle, little to no push by the O-line.
1st and 10: -2 yards, Smallwood up the middle, met 2 yards deep in the backfield.
1st and 10: 2 yards, Sproles up the middle, no gap at all, diving and squirting Sproles.
1st and 15: -3 yards, Sproles up the middle, no push/gap, tries to get outside, Peters misses block and Sproles is tackled.
1st and 10: 6 yards, Sproles outside run, has to dodge the first defenders 3 yards deep in the backfield.
1st and 10: 11 yards, Sproles outside run, draw play (counter to all passing!)

2nd half

2nd and 10: 3 yards, Sproles off-tackle right, tiny hole he squirts through, little push by the line (initially pushed back).
1st and 10: 8 yards, Smallwood draw-play up the middle, but already had to break a tackle 5 yards deep into the backfield.
2nd and 2: 5 yards, Sproles to the outside. CONSECUTIVE to the Smallwood draw for 8 yards.
1st and 10: 5 yards, Sproles off the TE, the one run that had a chance to break it.
1st and 10: -2 yards, Smallwood, 2 KC defenders three yards deep in the Eagles backfield.

Thereafter (drive following the Wentz deflection INT), run game would have gone nowhere (KC defenders consistently in backfield).

So, concluding:

Running up the middle was a disaster, off-tackle (and outside runs) with Sproles were the only regularly successful ones. Sproles up the middle making yards was the result of his quickness and him being tiny. Also, the narrative that the Hunt TD was the result of KC sticking with the run is clear BS. In fact, part of the success came from passing plays and the Hill jet-sweep. In fact, some of the more successful Eagles runs were draw-plays, thus set-up by the pass!

For this game at least, Phillies is way off base - as, as it seems - most of the pundits actually seem to say. Including a good number who consistently have complained about the lack of running game.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did watch the game, you sarcastic clown. just because you don't like the view i offered doesn't make what i said false.

That indeed it does not. The misrepresentation of the evidence by you actually does.

Sproles had 48 yards on just 10 carries. he nearly broke free for significant yards numerous times. i also provided a mini log of when the eagles ran the ball on long yardage situations and what they accomplished. the running game clearly wasn't a negative, nor did it force the offense into bad situations. if anything, it was the other way around.

Except that your log was rather incomplete, and therefore massively distorting the evidence. The most successful Sproles runs were outside (off-tackle or completely outside), only working because of Sproles' quickness more than anything.

The eagles ran the ball just fine last year. now we're supposed to believe it's some impossible feat this year? after adding more weapons, getting lane back and wentz gaining experience? fuck out of here with that nonsense.

The Eagles running the ball fine last year? Not sure what you were watching last season, but there were many complaints about the running game even then. And that was with a better backfield (when Mathews was healthy).

They are currently 12th in average at 4.0. yet they are ranked 24th in attempts and are still without a rushing TD. pederson is playing fuckin' madden with his new receivers and exposing wentz's health.

MANY people are aware of this. pederson has been criticized and even questioned why he has a head coaching position. players have been complaining. fans, writers, reporters. i suppose all these people aren't watching the game though. silly them.

And very few of them were complaining after this game - except blowhards like Cataldi.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That indeed it does not. The misrepresentation of the evidence by you actually does.

there is no misrepesentation. there was no reason to abandon the running game a) early, b) in a tight game and c) when it produced some positive results.

Except that your log was rather incomplete, and therefore massively distorting the evidence. The most successful Sproles runs were outside (off-tackle or completely outside), only working because of Sproles' quickness more than anything.

i'm pretty damn sure you implied the running game was creating long 2nd and 3rd downs. and that is complete bullshit. i proved that with a COMPLETE mini log relating to it.

and how sproles gets his yards is meaningless. he was getting them. what's next, we negate wentz's work out of the pocket?

And very few of them were complaining after this game - except blowhards like Cataldi.

yeah, i guess players on your own team complaining and wondering what the hell is going on isn't a big thing? we should all be focusing and celebrating on how we almost won a somewhat tough game. that's how champions handle losses.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no misrepesentation. there was no reason to abandon the running game a) early, b) in a tight game and c) when it produced some positive results.

i'm pretty damn sure you implied the running game was creating long 2nd and 3rd downs. and that is complete bullshit. i proved that with a COMPLETE mini log relating to it.

I said the running game was a disaster, and it was by and large - as was easily visible when watching the game itself, and when you look at the whole play (not just the yardage). Yes, we could have tried to run Sproles into the ground, even though there was much more to gain through the air. That was where the gains were to be made.

Your INCOMPLETE mini-log proved nothing without the context - which you left out. You do the same as the idiots at Drafttwitter and such do towards Wentz.

and how sproles gets his yards is meaningless. he was getting them. what's next, we negate wentz's work out of the pocket?

WTF? It damn sure is not meaningless AT ALL. And ironic how suddenly when it suits you the argument is that it doesn't matter how the yards are gained. Even though the one b*tching loudest about playcalling on this board is you. Talk about utter hypocrisy. Best part is that quite a few of the positive gains by Sproles were set up by the plays you despise, and bitch and moan about.

yeah, i guess players on your own team complaining and wondering what the hell is going on isn't a big thing? we should all be focusing and celebrating on how we almost won a somewhat tough game. that's how champions handle losses.

What players moaning? I have heared few if any after this game.

And I am definitely not one to celebrate this loss, and very few are. The vast majority though have a realistic outlook on what happened, which seems to be a major difference with you.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also the comment about wentz "carving up" KC is laughable. i love wentz and he did great for what was asked of him. but the eagles had 3 points at half time. they finished with 20 (7 from KC's prevent/clock kill defense.)

he was sacked 6 times. he threw an INT (off another shitty pederson call.) 53 of his 333 yards came off a throw to ertz that should have been picked.. or at worse, obvious incompletion. he fumbled twice. there was also a handful of jump balls that were ugly. and he finished it off by racking up some trash time yards in the end.

you are simply taking the one legit eagles TD drive and making it sound like he did this all game.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the running game was a disaster, and it was by and large - as was easily visible when watching the game itself, and when you look at the whole play (not just the yardage). Yes, we could have tried to run Sproles into the ground, even though there was much more to gain through the air. That was where the gains were to be made.

Your INCOMPLETE mini-log proved nothing without the context - which you left out. You do the same as the idiots at Drafttwitter and such do towards Wentz.

lmao. you're running bullshit central. what is so complicated?! when sproles was given the chance to run, he did a nice job. it doesn't matter if it looked ugly or he had to break tackles.. HE WAS GETTING FUCKING YARDS! and blount wasn't even given a chance.

just like your context line is bull. the LIMITED chances they were GIVEN, they did a decent job overall. things like a draw are all part of that. if you want to imply the passing game (which wasn't doing much) somehow set it up, then why don't you imply the fucking neverending play-actions are hurting it as well?

and if you want to ASSUME it would have been a disaster if we tried more, knock yourself out. but don't use assumption as fact.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

The RATIO!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!! The RATIOOOOO!!!!

There how's that? :L

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. you're running bullshit central. what is so complicated?! when sproles was given the chance to run, he did a nice job. it doesn't matter if it looked ugly or he had to break tackles.. HE WAS GETTING FUCKING YARDS! and blount wasn't even given a chance.

Sproles only made it because he was quick, and a midget, therefore can hide. Blount is slow as f***. The successful plays Sproles ran are the ones Blount has great difficulty running.

just like your context line is bull. the LIMITED chances they were GIVEN, they did a decent job overall. things like a draw are all part of that. if you want to imply the passing game (which wasn't doing much) somehow set it up, then why don't you imply the fucking neverending play-actions are hurting it as well?

Nice set of straw men arguments. And statistics without context are no better than outright lies and useless (and in fact a danger to evaluating a situation).

And again - if Pederson's playcalling this game was so god awful, then why are only blowhards like Cataldi and the likes of you complaining. Many of the Pederson critics, many of those consistently yelling at him concerning the run game, have stated that there was little if anything wrong with the playcalling this week.

And if you want to ASSUME it would have been a disaster if we tried more, knock yourself out. but don't use assumption as fact.

It would have been a disaster. Running up the middle did not work, only outside runs at best - so running Sproles into the ground. While most of the time the room was in the passing plays. Funny BTW that you accuse me of presenting assumption as fact while that has been the only thing you have been doing so far.