• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peach, Fiesta, and Orange Bowl

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time you attended a bowl game?

Did you go to the Las Vegas Bowl in 2006? The Sun Bowl in 2007? The Holiday Bowl in 2005? The Seattle Bowl in 2002?

Actually i did go to the seattle bowl in 2002. but also the Rose more recently.
not really sure why that is relevant

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year there are 38 bowl games plus the playoffs.
I figured (in a tongue in cheek way) that that was part of why they lifted the bowl ban on Penn State. They were looking at having to allow teams with losing records into the bowls. (Personally, I would rather see them invite FCS teams before they allow sub 0.500 teams in.)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured (in a tongue in cheek way) that that was part of why they lifted the bowl ban on Penn State. They were looking at having to allow teams with losing records into the bowls. (Personally, I would rather see them invite FCS teams before they allow sub 0.500 teams in.)

there were 82 bowl eligible teams last season not including Penn State. There are now more teams in the FBS this season than last. with 38 bowls there needs to be 76 eligible teams. so I dont think lifting Penn State's ban had anything to do with losing records to bowls.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were 82 bowl eligible teams last season ...
I don't actually think that is why they lifted Penn State's ban either - hence the tongue-in-cheek comment. None the less, the possibility exists that there will be a shortage - especially if conferences convince teams to cut back on scheduling games against FCS teams.

This year, there are 128 FBS teams. 76 of them comes to 59.4% of the teams needing to have winning (or 0.500) records. Last year, there was significant concern before the season that there wouldn't be enough bowl-eligible teams, and so the NCAA actually considered rules that would allow for teams with losing records to be allowed to go to bowl games. Yikes.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't actually think that is why they lifted Penn State's ban either - hence the tongue-in-cheek comment. None the less, the possibility exists that there will be a shortage - especially if conferences convince teams to cut back on scheduling games against FCS teams.

This year, there are 128 FBS teams. 76 of them comes to 59.4% of the teams needing to have winning (or 0.500) records. Last year, there was significant concern before the season that there wouldn't be enough bowl-eligible teams, and so the NCAA actually considered rules that would allow for teams with losing records to be allowed to go to bowl games. Yikes.

And y'all want us to stop scheduling FCS schools... :smh: