• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pats claim WR Michael Floyd and work out Devin Hester

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup part of the CBA was that the NFL hire a car service that is available 24/7 for NFL players to use. Part of the push to get arrests down across the board in the NFL. For the most part arrests and legal violations are way down over the last few years so some people must be using it. From what I understand though players are reluctant to use it because they think the NFL is tracking who uses it and how often. Even if you don't want to use them I think most of these guys can afford a cab or Uber to get them home.

As for the Floyd signing could end up working out very well. Even if he only helps out on say 10 plays a game he can be an impact player. Beyond that good chance some team wants to offer him a decent contract so could end up getting a comp pick out of the situation. I've heard his partying is pretty legendary so we will see how that works with the "Patriot Way" as BB isn't one to put up with that for long.

Wonder if there are any stats on how often it is utilized, and if it is tracked on who/how often they use it.

If so, does that deter it's use?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if there are any stats on how often it is utilized, and if it is tracked on who/how often they use it.

If so, does that deter it's use?

He is on the NFL substance abuse program. If he made the call, he would be suspended. If he called a cab, somebody would talk. His problem started when he walked into the bar. The abuse he is taking from the press is expected and earned.
We have been able to turn guys around before. Acceptable risk. If it does not work out?
If suspended we sign him to a team friendly prove-it contract next year.
If he goes somewhere else, we get a draft pick.
If he cant catch balls, we gave a #1 pick a shot.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is on the NFL substance abuse program. If he made the call, he would be suspended. If he called a cab, somebody would talk. His problem started when he walked into the bar. The abuse he is taking from the press is expected and earned.
We have been able to turn guys around before. Acceptable risk. If it does not work out?
If suspended we sign him to a team friendly prove-it contract next year.
If he goes somewhere else, we get a draft pick.
If he cant catch balls, we gave a #1 pick a shot.....
Worst case for NE is he's a rental player that Kraft paid a little over $300k per game. Not like they were going to use that $ anywhere else this year.
Worst case for other teams and Roger Goddell is he becomes the next Randy Moss in NE.
Be afraid NFL be very afraid

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's in the substance abuse program, it's for taking an illegal drug in the NFL's list of illegal drugs. Alcohol is not an illegal substance. Drinking alcohol may be a problem but no one can be placed on a substance abuse program for drinking. He may have been arrested and charged with DUI, but a very good lawyer might be able to prove in some obscure legal way that he wasn't actually operating the vehicle.

I'm not condoning the guy's actions, but the legal system today may well over write anything Goodell decides on his way to the bathroom.

Then again the NFL hates the Patriots and the Patriots are rubbing their faces in shit again this year.

Want to see 95% of the NFL fandom get really pissed off?

Read the just published Beckett's All time Super Bowl Best.........

Best Play...........................Malcolm Butler's INT of Russell Wilson
Best All Time Coach.............Bill Belichick
Best All time Quarterback.....Tom Brady

Beckett is not owned by Robert Kraft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's in the substance abuse program, it's for taking an illegal drug in the NFL's list of illegal drugs. Alcohol is not an illegal substance. Drinking alcohol may be a problem but no one can be placed on a substance abuse program for drinking. He may have been arrested and charged with DUI, but a very good lawyer might be able to prove in some obscure legal way that he wasn't actually operating the vehicle.

I'm not condoning the guy's actions, but the legal system today may well over write anything Goodell decides on his way to the bathroom.

Then again the NFL hates the Patriots and the Patriots are rubbing their faces in shit again this year.

Want to see 95% of the NFL fandom get really pissed off?

Read the just published Beckett's All time Super Bowl Best.........

Best Play...........................Malcolm Butler's INT of Russell Wilson
Best All Time Coach.............Bill Belichick
Best All time Quarterback.....Tom Brady

Beckett is not owned by Robert Kraft.

Actually alcohol is part of the Substance Abuse program. If a player breaks the law while intoxicated they become a part of the substance abuse program. In fact a Broncos kicker was suspended just a few years ago for alcohol and if he was found during one of his tests to have alcohol in his system he would be suspended even if he was just drinking a beer at home. And he actually did have that happen.

Here is an article about his suspension and it being alcohol that got him suspended...

Sources: Broncos K Prater facing 4-game ban

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD is correct, he is in the program and his suspension is based on his BAC. So whatever that BAC is, will decide his suspension. Now he states he only had 2 glasses of house wine, so well see.

Also reports are his will be inactive today. Prob traveled with the team to go over the playbook and talk to the coaches..

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that, since Floyd refused to take a breathalyzer test at the scene, his BAC test will be used to determine level of intoxication. Those results may take as long as one month to complete and the NFL needs to wait for this result before assessing their punishment. Chances are the result will be a suspension at the beginning of the 2017 season. That being said, we will most likely see Floyd active for the last two regular season games and the post season.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that, since Floyd refused to take a breathalyzer test at the scene, his BAC test will be used to determine level of intoxication. Those results may take as long as one month to complete and the NFL needs to wait for this result before assessing their punishment. Chances are the result will be a suspension at the beginning of the 2017 season. That being said, we will most likely see Floyd active for the last two regular season games and the post season.

Read that too.
Maybe he was close to the limit and knew it and did not want to have a less reliable breathalyzer as evidence when he could insist on the blood test. He may have also been stalling for additional time to let the alcohol metabolize in his system.
The "Failure to obey an officer" charge could also be a case of the cop insisting he take the breathalyzer or stand on one foot and touch his nose circus act that no one has to take. Cops do get pissed when you refuse though.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Phins just signed Trevor Riley off the Pats' PS. With an open spot, maybe add a punt returner (Griff Whalen?)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping the Pats would try Hester.

ATL had Hester for 2 or 3 yrs...I think he had once return for 6 maybe two, but 1 for sure, but if you only need him to field the punts...not all bad. Never really known as a WR, in '14 he actually wasn't bad for a short time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL had Hester for 2 or 3 yrs...I think he had once return for 6 maybe two, but 1 for sure, but if you only need him to field the punts...not all bad. Never really known as a WR, in '14 he actually wasn't bad for a short time.
Yep, just someone to field punts so they don't have to use Edelman. Heck just fair catch it unless you have a 10 yd or greater cushion. Who knows maybe he finds a seam? But anyone who can hold onto it is a +

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read or heard that BB said Floyd would be up and ready for this week. He traveled with the team to talk to coaches and Brady, makes sense. Have to get him some action with Brady and Co. Even if it's a small package for now until the bye week. Looking forward to see him Sunday.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read or heard that BB said Floyd would be up and ready for this week. He traveled with the team to talk to coaches and Brady, makes sense. Have to get him some action with Brady and Co. Even if it's a small package for now until the bye week. Looking forward to see him Sunday.
Yep looking forward to a handful of plays for him. That same article mentioned it would give Floyd a view of how NE preps on game day. Hope it compliments Mitchell and doesn't distract from his year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone in the Scottsdale Police Dept. leaked the body camera tapes to TMZ. Now they may not be able to use them as evidence because they could taint a jury. Stupid, stupid, stupid.........

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone in the Scottsdale Police Dept. leaked the body camera tapes to TMZ. Now they may not be able to use them as evidence because they could taint a jury. Stupid, stupid, stupid.........
Yipee! I mean bad person leaking tape <snicker>

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those tapes are pretty damming. I hope for his sake he gets clean. Maybe this is just what he needs? AZ has some pretty strict DUI laws. I hope they throw the book at him. Pay his fines no big deal to him, but they go to good causes. 45 days in jail (I'm hoping for tge off season) and one of those breathalizers car starting devices in your car. Again maybe it's what he needs. Combine that with a good NE Patriot structure around him, maybe just maybe he achieves his football potential?
Good luck Floyd.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.217 BAC for Floyd....DAMN....that is considered "mega DUI" in AZ I think....OK, so yeah the videos were bad, but what were you expecting? He was passed out drunk at a stop light!! IDK what people were expecting, I really don't. It's funny because the media was like "bad move" and angry at the Patriots, now the video is out and people are literally flipping their shit and want him gone...I don't get it, so I'll ask again....Was Floyd not suppose to play in the NFL again, or just not for NE? When was Floyd supposed to be picked up or signed, a week/month/year? People in the media want this kid to not see the football field again this yr....So is Floyd supposed to just sit home? If so, you know he is going to be drunk all the time, not get the help he needs and just might drive drunk again. Being in the NFL is prob a good thing for him, a distraction so to speak. Maybe now, seeing what he looked like hammered, he can get his shit straight. I'm pretty sure NE is helping him do that and honestly, some jail time would be nice reminder of what live can be like NOT playing in the NFL.