• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots/Buccaneers Game

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was pretty much just watching this for the QBs.

I wouldn't mind seeing Josh Johnson added to the mix next year, but I wouldn't be devastated if the 49ers didn't bring him in. He still needs a lot of work.

Mallett came back down to Earth after last week's attention grabbing 3 TD game. One pick-6, and probably should have had another. If the Patriots can spend 3 years grooming him, I think they're going to be in good hands with him after Brady.

That kid Ridley stood out the most though, that kid is impressive. Makes you jealous to see him play, and then think about Dixon. Patriots are going to get good things out of him, he is so quick and shifty and hits the hole with such speed and aggressive intent to get downfield.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy Mallett didn't do as well

after last week it looked like the Patriots idea of drafting him, making him look amazing then trading him to some desparate team for a first round draft pick was going to work.

as a Bills fan, I'm obviously hoping that it doesn't work.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Brother!

As for his pocket mobility - I have never understood the no mobility comments made about him.

He may not be a scrambler and he is not going to rush for alot of yards, but he has excellent pocket presence, is very ellusive and knows how to make people miss. At least, that is my book on him, let me know if that is what you see as well.

I'd say that is a pretty fair assessment of him. Not sure why he gets the Dan Marino statuesque comparison. I guess it has something to do with the standard being raised so high by the likes of R. Cunningham, S. Young, and M. Vick. If you're not as fast as those guys, you might as well be as slow as Dan Marino.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MW49ers5 said:
He may not be a scrambler and he is not going to rush for alot of yards, but he has excellent pocket presence, is very ellusive and knows how to make people miss. At least, that is my book on him, let me know if that is what you see as well.

I'd say that is a pretty fair assessment of him. Not sure why he gets the Dan Marino statuesque comparison. I guess it has something to do with the standard being raised so high by the likes of R. Cunningham, S. Young, and M. Vick. If you're not as fast as those guys, you might as well be as slow as Dan Marino.

Yeah, Three, you make a good point. Back in the day there were not that many 'name brand' scrambling QB's; Tarkenton, maybe Manning (Archie) were about it. Beginning in the 80's is when we started to see mobility as a preferred QB attribute, and I think the term 'mobility' then became synonymous with 'running'.

Mallett is hardly a Marino or a Kosar. He buys time with his instincts and with his feet, just in a different (and IMO a better) way. I honestly believe that once Mallett becomes comfortable with the speed of the NFL, New England won't miss a step when he is ready to take over.