• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. Some of us have confidence and are willing to back up what we say.

Others...

Others have things they don't mess around with. You have a 24 photo on your AVI. Kinda says you don't really care if you have to change it.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Others have things they don't mess around with. You have a 24 photo on your AVI. Kinda says you don't really care if you have to change it.

Again, I understand. It's clear that your previous air of confidence is wavering once stakes were introduced.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from 18 to 19 oregon went up in points per game. Oregons points per game in 17 was higher than both but in 19 they scored more total points. Oregon in 2016 was their worst year in decades and they were just outside top 25 in points per game.

And this has what to with 2020?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then again one of you thinks SC is a top 10 team — LMAO

Last I saw, we were ranked #16. Forget which poll.

To be completely honest, I'm not sure what to expect.

There is a ton of excitement about the team, but most of that is centered around how the 2021 recruiting class is looking. Not sure how that helps 2020.

I can see USC finishing anywhere from 11-1 to 8-5.

They'll probably split the difference and finish about 9-3 which should put them somewhere in the 8-12 range especially if they win the CCG to go 10-3.

I'd be shocked if we beat Bama. I just don't want to see them get embarrassed like last time.

I think Oregon, Washington and Notre Dame could go either way.

I think we go 2-1 in those games. I lean Oregon on that one because the game is at Autzen. If it were at the Coliseum, I would lean USC. We'll likely get a rematch for the CCG. It'll be interesting to see what happens there since it'll be a neutral site.

We get Washington and the Domers at home, I think we win both of those.

We're on the road for Stanford and Utah, I think we drop one of those.

The 2 big question marks for me are the o-line and the defense overall. The o-line has a lot coming back, but they weren't very good last year, so I'm not certain that's a good thing.

The defense will be the key, imo. Even if the o-line isn't much better than last year, unless Slovis is the ultimate 1 year wonder, I don't think there's a team in the nation with better overall skill players. So as socaljim says, scoring points shouldn't be an issue.

The defense has talent, Pendergast wasn't great at adjusting and it cost them. If Orlando is better than Pendergast at adjustments, we should be okay...but they're learning a new system and integrating some guys who've been out injured for a couple of seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent-wise they are.

Coaching holds them back.

Hopefully not this year. Helton himself hasn't been the issue. In all of the shit that's happened, he's never lost the team.

The problem has been that he was too loyal to assistant coaches who weren't getting the job done.

All of those coaches are gone and every one of the new guys looks to be an upgrade. Hopefully, we'll see that on the field.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I understand. It's clear that your previous air of confidence is wavering once stakes were introduced.

If my avi was a TV show I guess I'd be willing to bet too because I obviously don't care that much.lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not this year. Helton himself hasn't been the issue. In all of the shit that's happened, he's never lost the team.

The problem has been that he was too loyal to assistant coaches who weren't getting the job done.

All of those coaches are gone and every one of the new guys looks to be an upgrade. Hopefully, we'll see that on the field.
Can't wait to see Slovis with these WRs. Highest rated passer in the country on throws over 20 yards.