• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you were paying attention he said oregon was trending down in offense but the stats suggest otherwise

I said trend doesn't work when your four year starting QB just left.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you were paying attention he said oregon was trending down in offense but the stats suggest otherwise

Still has nothing to do with 2020.

How many of those seasons were they starting out with a new QB and also changing their offense?

You guys may very well be right and they may come out scoring like we're used to seeing Oregon do. Maybe, like USC with first Darnold and then Slovis, they have a guy who is capable of handling a lot more than anyone thought.

Most likely though, especially earlier in the season, Oregon will be fairly vanilla on offense, run the ball and lean on their defense. They'll likely just be looking for the QB to not screw anything up.

I doubt that'll get the job done vs. tOSU. But it should be fine against most of the rest of your schedule. I'd say it could hurt you vs. USC and maybe Washington. But not against anyone else.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many of those seasons were they starting out with a new QB and also changing their offense?

You guys may very well be right and they may come out scoring like we're used to seeing Oregon do. Maybe, like USC with first Darnold and then Slovis, they have a guy who is capable of handling a lot more than anyone thought.

Most likely though, especially earlier in the season, Oregon will be fairly vanilla on offense, run the ball and lean on their defense. They'll likely just be looking for the QB to not screw anything up.

I doubt that'll get the job done vs. tOSU. But it should be fine against most of the rest of your schedule. I'd say it could hurt you vs. USC and maybe Washington. But not against anyone else.
maybe so but to say Oregon is trending down vs saying expecing a drop in offense are 2 different things.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe so but to say Oregon is trending down vs saying expecing a drop in offense are 2 different things.

Yeah, I'm not into trends, etc. especially when we're talking about college football. Too many variables, too much difference in competition levels.

Example, if USC only scores, say 21 points against Bama and Oregon drops 45 on North Dakota St.

Does that mean Oregon has a better offense?

Or that USC played a much better team?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The change favorite team thing? yeah sounds good but whats the bet? Oh and no counting OOC games. USC plays NOtre Dame and Alabama. Oregon plays Ohio State and trash.

So only the 9 regular season conference games.
Scoring offense.
Oregon must be top 4 in the conference for me to win.

Stakes: Change favorite team for 4 weeks, and $1000 v-cash.

Game on?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not into trends, etc. especially when we're talking about college football. Too many variables, too much difference in competition levels.

Example, if USC only scores, say 21 points against Bama and Oregon drops 45 on North Dakota St.

Does that mean Oregon has a better offense?

Or that USC played a much better team?

NDSU won the title last year. Bama didnt even make the playoffs.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is pretty much the antithesis of what Moorhead is doing.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it was the Winnipeg Blue Bombers

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ having nothing to refute the post

lol @you thinking a conservative coach is gonna just come out and run a complicated offense with a starting QB that as of June, he doesn't know is starting yet.

Just because he may have a complicated doesn't mean he's going to open up the whole playbook from Game 1.

Maybe he does and maybe he pulls it off. But, it's not likely, especially early.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ having nothing to refute the post

Also...

lol @MoreHead

tenor.gif

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @you thinking a conservative coach is gonna just come out and run a complicated offense with a starting QB that as of June, he doesn't know is starting yet.

Just because he may have a complicated doesn't mean he's going to open up the whole playbook from Game 1.

Maybe he does and maybe he pulls it off. But, it's not likely, especially early.

If you think he's going to be real vanilla in Game 2 you're crazy.