• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, part of what made those Pet Carroll teams so good was every player knew that he could be replaced and that even his next start wasn't guaranteed.

If Pete didn't feel an assistant was up to standards, he was gone.

I think most Trojans would love to see Helton succeed because he is very well liked. But unless he can learn to be a bit more "cut throat" it won't happen and will cost him his job.

Well he cut a couple throats yesterday.lol. Finally some movement. Not sure it's enough to save his job but it's a good sign. I actually want Clay to stay after thinking about it. As much as I liked Oregeron I really didn't think he knows more about football than Clay does. But Ed did hire some good assistants and look at the results. I think that's whats needed here. If they fire Clay I will be sad for him but if he does go out and gets top assistants I'm cool with him staying.,

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he cut a couple throats yesterday.lol. Finally some movement. Not sure it's enough to save his job but it's a good sign. I actually want Clay to stay after thinking about it. As much as I liked Oregeron I really didn't think he knows more about football than Clay does. But Ed did hire some good assistants and look at the results. I think that's whats needed here. If they fire Clay I will be sad for him but if he does go out and gets top assistants I'm cool with him staying.,

Agree. I really want Clay to work out as our HC. He's done a nice job stabilizing the program.

He fired his Dad's best friend (which couldn't have been easy), so at least we know he's capable of it (even if Swann probably had to make him do it).

From a pure coaching standpoint, knowing football, etc. I don't think Pete was any better than Clay.

But, like your point about Ed O...he hired the best assistants he could find.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh, I'm a bit surprised UW is still favored by 9. I mean both teams have 3 losses and Stanford did just lose a home game, but UW is entirely lost on offense and is in circle the wagon mode.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh, I'm a bit surprised UW is still favored by 9. I mean both teams have 3 losses and Stanford did just lose a home game, but UW is entirely lost on offense and is in circle the wagon mode.
Stanford sucks every bit as much as UW, and UW has yet to play really terrible at home. I’ll pick UW to cover. Of course anything can happen when your offense sucks on a systemic level, but I feel about as good about it as I can.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford sucks every bit as much as UW, and UW has yet to play really terrible at home. I’ll pick UW to cover. Of course anything can happen when your offense sucks on a systemic level, but I feel about as good about it as I can.
I guess I think a bit too much in terms of betting and value more than expected win/loss. Nature of my prior jobs I guess.

I still like UW's chances to win at home, but by 9? Unfortunately I think this is one of those games that can be won or lost in the first quarter. If UW's offense comes out looking as bad as they did vs Cal the fans are going to be brutal and this team isn't used to home town booing like even Sark's teams got now and then. They don't have to come out and light it up, but they can't have Jake throw one of his entirely fucking stupid early ints he seems to do every damned game now. They can't look lost on play selection and have those dumb special teams gaffs. If they can weather the storm of the first half I love their chances. Just not enough to toss cash on -9 lines.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect to lose. @TheDayMan replied first. As always 1 week straight up?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expect to lose. @TheDayMan replied first. As always 1 week straight up?
:lol: Just spend 5 minutes looking at pretty much anything from UW related media coverage. You might not be so quick to throw in the towel. Media and fans are all over this team right now like we haven't seen since at least the Sark days.

Maybe you missed it, but they took out their 4th year starting QB and put in a green RS freshman QB in a game where they still had the lead (before that move) and that green QB threw the game winning pick 6 for the other team. :L

I get that Stanford has been down, but sheesh is this anything but a sure thing. UW can't stop stepping all over their own junk on offense. Love is looking closer to being full strength, and that passing game gave UW fits last year as defending Arsega-Whiteside is a tall order for anyone. UW's D has still been fairly solid and it's at home, but man oh man is their offense and special teams in disarray. And that's being kind.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, taking the bet with me probably stamped a UW win, seems I always get the Buddha bet the years Stanford has won.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CORNER STONE
The highest-graded slot cornerbacks in Power Five football through eight weeks, according to Pro Football Focus.

1 – Javelin Guidry, Utah, 82.7.
2 – Traveon Beck, California, 80.2
3 – Mike Edwards, Kentucky, 79.1
4 – Ugochukwu Amadi, Oregon, 76.3.
5 –Innis Gaines, TCU, 76.0.
6 – Taj-Amir Torres, Boston College, 75.8.
7 – Justus Parker, Texas Tech, 75.7.
8 – Myles Bryant, Washington, 74.8.
9 – Ajene Harris, USC, 74.1
10 – Dravon Askew-Henry, West Virginia, 73.1.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've all been calling for Calloways head. That needed to happen. Drevno has been given o-line coaching duties. He was the o-line coach in 2014. If memory serves, the o-line was solid. Which would be an improvement.

I'm glad they didn't fire Tee. I'm not sure if his play calling issues were the result of a bad o-line and true freshman quarterback...or if he just still has a lot to learn.

Probably a little of both.

Also possible that they just didn't want to fire 2 coaches in the middle of the season. So we'll see.
I agree a big part of the problem has been the Oline and Calloway. And I do think everyone knew their was a push for Helton to fire Calloway. But he didnt want to because they're close friends. My guess is Swann gave him the push to fire Calloway.

But theres other problems aside from the Oline. While it may play a factor in the play calling. The play calling has been terrible in general. If the Oline is an issue you don't go for it on 4th and 2 before the half i.e. Stanford. Or 4th and 1 down by 3 late etc...A lot of it does fall on Clay and Tee. I believe this was Swanns way of giving them both one more chance.

SC has also had major discipline issues both on and off the field. Ie Bolden,Lewis,etc before the season. Personal fouls, Wr's running into WR's. A lot of their problems fall on the coach. At times Helton is entirely too complacent. He's a nice guy yes.. But SC doesn't need a nice guy they need a coach imo. Someone who can get the most out of the talent

That said SC probably beats UCLA and or ND and saves his job. The same way he got the job

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care if it is just because college football is full of inconsistent teams, being ranked at 8 is just amazing for what anyone ever expected from this season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care if it is just because college football is full of inconsistent teams, being ranked at 8 is just amazing for what anyone ever expected from this season.
I think I picked the cougs to lose 5?

SoggyFavoriteAlligatorgar-small.gif

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of the kids on this roster have never played on a team that had lost 3 games in the regular season. Our effort against Stanford will speak volumes as to how this team and coaching staff will rebound.

That being said, I do expect UW will win but I wouldn't be surprised if they lost. If this season has been any indication, the offense isn't capable of putting up a lot of points.

If you look at UW against PAC-12 competition:
@ Utah: Win by 14 points
vs. ASU: Win by 7 points
@ UCLA: Win by 7 points
@ ORE: Loss by 3 points
vs. Colorado: Win by 14 points
@ CAL: Loss by 2 points

Point differential there is +37. Average of + 6.17. I think taking the under after a demoralizing loss is pretty easy. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had high expectations for the WSU offense as always, but it's the defense that has surprised me. I recall that WSU was having huge depth issues on the defensive line and a number of players left the program before the season started.

I do really like Mike Leach honestly. It may make me less of a Husky fan, but I always root for WSU unless they're playing UW.