• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meniscus repair recovery is usually longer than 1 month. most dont recomend return to normal activity at full speed for like 3.
recurrent injury isnt uncommon even after given the go ahead to return to activity.
if the menisci arent fully healed injury to ACL risk increases as well as to the rest of the knee.
But what do i know ive only been in the medical field 15 years and work at the top Orthopedic surgery hospital in Washington.
Porter Gustin knee injury update USC football

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doesnt mean everything i said isn't true. hope he doesnt get hurt again

Everything you said is a guess. You are't a doctor or even his doctor. You didn't operate on him. You're not in charge of his rehab . So yes he will comeback and there's always a possibility that he could get hurt again since he's playing football but no matter what happens you have no idea how or why. It's just your guess.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything you said is a guess. You are't a doctor or even his doctor. You didn't operate on him. You're not in charge of his rehab . So yes he will comeback and there's always a possibility that he could get hurt again since he's playing football but no matter what happens you have no idea how or why. It's just your guess.
yes all statistical guesses.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes all statistical guesses.

Without actually being the surgeon who did the procedure it's just a guess. Depending on the tear it could be 2-4 weeks up to many months. That's like saying you know how much damage there is to a car just by someone saying I got into an accident. You're just taking a guess.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without actually being the surgeon who did the procedure it's just a guess. Depending on the tear it could be 2-4 weeks up to many months. That's like saying you know how much damage there is to a car just by someone saying I got into an accident. You're just taking a guess.

From everything I read, it's a matter of how bad the tear is. Gustin's has been described as a "minor tear" which is typically a 2-4 week recovery.

A bigger or complete tear would be what requires months long recovery.

All any of us have to go on is what the doctors say, the team reports, how soon the player returns to football activities and how he responds when he does. For Gustin, it looks like so far, so good. Let's hope it stays that way.

For whatever reason, when the injury was first announced and the 2-4 week recovery period was stated, Oly decided to jump to the conclusion that USC was looking to "rush him back" without considering the different healing times for that particular injury based on it's severity.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you referring to Washington or Ohio State? Both have had wife beating coaches on their staff.
There are certain types of taunting you just accept as par for the course like talking about Ted Bundy, Amanda Knox, maybe even now Warren Moon and his fall of the #metoo stuff, Stevens is on the table as well. Hell Overton deserves to be bashed around as well as the school that didn't do enough about him when they could.

But I find it sort of troubling to make light of someone who suffered from dementia and wasn't in control of their own mind anymore. What happened to Lambright is deeply saddening. It is something we all hope doesn't happen to us or our families and yet undoubtedly will.

I find nothing about their situation laughable or taunt worthy.

Stay classy ducks. :tsk:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I read, it's a matter of how bad the tear is. Gustin's has been described as a "minor tear" which is typically a 2-4 week recovery.

A bigger or complete tear would be what requires months long recovery.

All any of us have to go on is what the doctors say, the team reports, how soon the player returns to football activities and how he responds when he does. For Gustin, it looks like so far, so good. Let's hope it stays that way.

For whatever reason, when the injury was first announced and the 2-4 week recovery period was stated, Oly decided to jump to the conclusion that USC was looking to "rush him back" without considering the different healing times for that particular injury based on it's severity.

it wasnt a jump to conclusions that was a this already happened with this team with this player conclusion. in that article he even admitted to such.
and i said something because because even a minor tear can take up to 3 months to fully heal.
Like i said besides recovery time other risks including reinjury to same or adjacent structures is increased. risk of blood clots after any surgery minor or major increases for roughly 90 days. 4 weeks is about a third of that time.

im not just making stuff up and pulling it out of my ass. I work with a top rated orthopedic surgery group and see many of their hip and knee patients daily.

Yes case by case is different but statistics on the subject are going to lean to the majority of cases

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are certain types of taunting you just accept as par for the course like talking about Ted Bundy, Amanda Knox, maybe even now Warren Moon and his fall of the #metoo stuff, Stevens is on the table as well. Hell Overton deserves to be bashed around as well as the school that didn't do enough about him when they could.

But I find it sort of troubling to make light of someone who suffered from dementia and wasn't in control of their own mind anymore. What happened to Lambright is deeply saddening. It is something we all hope doesn't happen to us or our families and yet undoubtedly will.

Yet it's ok to make fun of Breast Cancer awareness - Stay Classy Huskies!!!!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you forgot seven sark, gambling Neweasle and Barbara another scandal Hedges

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shocking at all that a duck fan doesn't see the difference.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you forgot seven sark, gambling Neweasle and Barbara another scandal Hedges
Sure, all valid.

Far cry from picking on a mentally disabled person IMO

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S. It was going on for years, well before his mental situation.
So you are an expert on UW former coaches and their personal lives are you? Sure, if you want to make yourself look even worse, go right ahead and post your best slam of a man falling into the abyss of mental deterioration.

FWIW as a reminder to those who didn't know/don't remember, former DC under Don James and short lived HC Jim Lambright was arrested 4 years ago for an assault on his granddaughter (like 23 at the time?) where he grabbed her and dragged her out of the house in a moment of rage and confusion. His wife came forward after that and said he suffers from dementia and 'explosive disorder' which are worsening.

I mean that sure sounds like something you should make major fun of right! :L

Stay classy

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasnt a jump to conclusions that was a this already happened with this team with this player conclusion. in that article he even admitted to such.
and i said something because because even a minor tear can take up to 3 months to fully heal.
Like i said besides recovery time other risks including reinjury to same or adjacent structures is increased. risk of blood clots after any surgery minor or major increases for roughly 90 days. 4 weeks is about a third of that time.

im not just making stuff up and pulling it out of my ass. I work with a top rated orthopedic surgery group and see many of their hip and knee patients daily.

Yes case by case is different but statistics on the subject are going to lean to the majority of cases

Without actually seeing his injury and seeing what was done to repair then yes you are puling it out of your ass and have only what information given to all of us as a reference. So you guessed. And guessed USC was rushing him back. He could get hurt again and it would still mean you guessed. There's a Doctor here in LA (Dr. Klapper) who happens to be the head or orthopedic surgery at Cedars Sinai and he was asked about it and he said depending on the tear it could be 2-4 weeks or a more significant tear it could be month or months.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without actually seeing his injury and seeing what was done to repair then yes you are puling it out of your ass and have only what information given to all of us as a reference. So you guessed. And guessed USC was rushing him back. He could get hurt again and it would still mean you guessed. There's a Doctor here in LA (Dr. Klapper) who happens to be the head or orthopedic surgery at Cedars Sinai and he was asked about it and he said depending on the tear it could be 2-4 weeks or a more significant tear it could be month or months.
so he was guessing

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can try to spin it all you want. Your statement was that if USC was going to rush him back, they shouldn't bother sitting him out at all.

You made this statement without any knowledge of how severe the injury was.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are an expert on UW former coaches and their personal lives are you? Sure, if you want to make yourself look even worse, go right ahead and post your best slam of a man falling into the abyss of mental deterioration.

FWIW as a reminder to those who didn't know/don't remember, former DC under Don James and short lived HC Jim Lambright was arrested 4 years ago for an assault on his granddaughter (like 23 at the time?) where he grabbed her and dragged her out of the house in a moment of rage and confusion. His wife came forward after that and said he suffers from dementia and 'explosive disorder' which are worsening.

I mean that sure sounds like something you should make major fun of right! :L

Stay classy

Before you get all randy and face palm yourself do death

Wiz - read this article and yes I am family friends with ex Husky football folks. It was a different time back then and it was kept in house.

There is a quote that states:

Lambright’s wife of 34 years, Lynne, told deputies that Lambright suffers from dementia and “explosive disorder” and that his condition is worsening. She also said Lambright “has consistently pushed and shoved her over the course of their marriage,” adding that “she is truly a battered wife, both physically and verbally,” according to court documents.

Former UW coach Jim Lambright arrested following domestic violence complaint