• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overturned - Brady suspension vacated. Let's hear you bitch and moan. Crow $2 a plate

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lester Munson with his comeback.

NFL appeal of Tom Brady decision could lead to precedent-setting court ruling, Lester Munson writes

It's actually ok until this...

Goodell, in contrast to his bungling of the Rice, Peterson and Bountygate investigations, led a process that produced a solid investigation. Goodell's 20-page decision was impressive in its analysis of the evidence and its application of the "conduct detrimental" clauses of the CBA and the standard player contract. It was a vast improvement over Goodell's phlegmatic and occasionally incoherent testimony in the Rice arbitrations. And Brady blundered badly when he refused to cooperate with the investigation and destroyed evidence.

Holy crap! I guess that explains a lot.

Lester Munson is an alien from another planet.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posting this only because i think its hilarious

51887d9d-bf96-40d1-9bd1-a1bea542c037.jpg

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been on Brady's side throughout all of this. I think this much controversy over a deflated football is stupid. But after thinking about it yesterday, I think Brady should serve the punishment Goodell gave out.

* The fact that a court system is being involved in solving this is ridiculous. It is over a (broken rule of an organization, not a broken law of the USA. At least with steroids, the argument can be made with the use of illegal drugs. This is over a company's policy. Brady got punished and cried about it.

* Does Goodell's ruling have to be fair? No. He is the commissioner of the NFL. Part of his job is to give out punishment that the team's owner won't, and he did. Did he really need concrete proof that Brady did it? No. I believe he had enough proof that Brady was involved in some way. Was the penalty he gave out too much? Probably, but I don't think it was an outrageous punishment.

* And this is not first time Brady was involved in a scandal. Even if he wasn't the "mastermind" behind any of the others, he was somehow involved. I am not going to use his "didn't know the punishment was going to be as severe as steroids" as proof. I think that is media spinning it. It worked for my dad last night. I understand that is like 10 words from a 40-page detailed document.

Basically, I don't care if Brady is innocent or guilty. He should have just taken the punishment his boss gave him and in October, it would have all been over with.

Now, I did said all of that. I want to add this.

The NFL should let this case go. It really is not a costly loss. NFL lost in court, which means they save face. Brady obviously won. Time for the NFL to keep it as a loss. The more they fight it, the more they will prove how much power over NFL players they have.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be dense if they didn't have a pretty good idea about what brady knew to take this to this level. Why go after your superstar like they did? It simply doesn't make sense..

Exactly.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dense. LOL. It was such a good case it fell apart like a rickety pile of cards once it left the safety of the NFL offices. He didn't argue the details of the case itself but from his questions and remarks it sure seemed he thought that was a pile of poo as well.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Brady:

The regular season starts tomorrow morning and I can’t wait to fully commit my energy and emotion to focus on the challenges of the 2015 NFL season. I want to thank my family, my friends, all of the fans, past and current players and my teammates for the support they have given me throughout this challenging experience. I also want to thank Judge Berman and his staff for their efforts to resolve this matter over the past five weeks. I am very grateful. My thanks also to the union's legal team who has fought so hard right along with me.

The obligatory thanks to everyone. (I would say a special thanks should go to Kessler who have been call the Michael Jordan of Sports lawyers. Correctly)

While I am pleased to be eligible to play, I am sorry our league had to endure this.

I don’t think it has been good for our sport - to a large degree, we have all lost. I am also sorry to anyone whose feelings I may have hurt as I have tried to work to resolve this situation.

I love the NFL. It is a privilege to be a member of the NFL community and I will always try to do my best in representing my team and the league in a way that would make all members of this community proud.

My eyes get teary...

I look forward to the competition on the playing field and I hope the attention of NFL fans can return to where it belongs - on the many great players and coaches who work so hard every week, and sacrifice so much, to make this game great. Most importantly, I look forward to representing the New England Patriots on Thursday night in our season opener. I hope to make all of our fans proud this year … and beyond!

I actually think these last few paragraphs are pretty nice.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lester Munson is an alien from another planet.

He's obnoxious, dishonest and stupid. Only the first two of those are common for lawyers.

Good thing he was disbarred.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although I'm not sure why if they believe that he never did a thing???

Possibly because the NFL invested millions of dollars and tons of credibility and never came up with any real evidence?

Or perhaps because nobody has ever proposed a coherent theory as to what the "thing" was?

You seem sure he's guilty. Presumably, you think he told some guys to do something, and they did it. What exactly do you think they did, when?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still saying you don't care about the phone and then making it's destruction a reason for punishment is more proof it was a kangaroo proceeding.

My favorite, even over that, is Goodell fabricating something in Brady's testimony and then using the fabrication as a major justification for punishment.

Brady paraphrased: I talked with Jastremski about the allegations.
Goodell paraphrased: Brady denied talking with Jastremski about the allegations, and that's unbelievable, so he's lying.

What a tool. And what idiots those people are who believe him.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but it could have also been the ball boys getting pissed off at brady for continually whining about how his balls aren't quite right and the refs either missed it or let it go because they were sick of it too. Who knows but it did happen for a reason.

Interesting theory. There's zero evidence to support it.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to be dense if they didn't have a pretty good idea about what brady knew to take this to this level.

They punished Brady on VERY little evidence, and that's counting the real and the fabricated evidence together.

How does this fit with your theory that they actually had something on him?

For example, in another post you suggest that the refs had a certain attitude towards Brady. Why do you suppose the league wasn't aware of that?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't want anyone seeing what was actually on them....

Specifically, he didn't want to display the cheating by other teams that they recorded.

Big mistake by the Pats letting him destroy them, but Kraft -- as smart as he is in other ways -- is a sucker for things like that.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to the last advertisers we have who aren't doing a real good job of supplementing my credit card to keep this place open.

Let that be a lesson to you the next time you consider buying a site some shady SEO created ...

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He totally denies that Brady even KNEW about the soft balls.

Actually, people with brains deny that there were "soft" balls to know about.

But leaving that aside -- by the NFL's own figures and by science alike, footballs change pressure quite a bit during games, and are at different pressures in different games, all because of temperature variations and so on. In particular, these swings are a lot more than the average 0.2 PSI McNally is accused of letting out of the footballs in 90 seconds in the bathroom. So why WOULD Brady be able to guess that a trivial amount of air had been removed??