• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Overpaid"

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a risk they were obvioulsy willing to take. I just think the term & money were a bit much to say the least. Good for him though.

Honestly so did I and I said so after the signing. Other signings today have changed my opinion somewhat though. The Flieschmann, Leino and Joel Ward signings in particular.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
How many FA's today do people think were "Underpaid"?

i think if Fleischmann gets a multi-year deal for $4.5 mill per year, then Chris Higgins looks "underpaid" at $1.9m.

or you could look at it the other way around :D

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think if Fleischmann gets a multi-year deal for $4.5 mill per year, then Chris Higgins looks "underpaid" at $1.9m.

or you could look at it the other way around :D

I'm dyslexic so I'm confused.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Odds are 25:1 yes.

not-sure-if-trolling-or-wiseass.jpg

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, c'mon. Campbell and Jovanovski aren't bottom pairing defensemen. They might not be #1's anymore, but geez.

Some of the forwards they signed are very capable of 2nd liners. And not just playing for the Panthers, but playing for any team.

Versteeg is a 2nd liner on a lot of teams.
Fleischmann is a 2nd line point producer when healthy.

WE HAD HUGH FUCKING JESSIMAN ON THIS TEAM AT ONE POINT LAST YEAR!

Tallon had money to spend and made his team better.

Kopecky is a 4th liner & he's going to make 3 mill for the next 4 years. Versteeg is NOT a 2nd line player on many teams. Bergenheim was a 4th line player for the Islanders & he got 2.75 for 4 years.

Brian Campbell has quite possibly the worst contract in the league. Since Tallon gave it to him they deserve to be together again. Jovocop isn't anywhere near the player he once was. Look at Upshall's numbers & tell me he deserves to be paid like a top 6 forward. Don't get me wrong I like him, but that contract is ridiculous. Fleischmann got a huge pay day. I hope it works out.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there is such a thing as overpayed and underpayed. I won't use any other team as an example because I am surprisingly not in the mood to argue. But, Jonathan Eric$$on is overpayed and the combination of Miller/Eaves just got collectively underpaid.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Connolly just got overpaid by the Leafs, I think Boss would agree with me...

I cAnT wAtCh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kopecky is a 4th liner & he's going to make 3 mill for the next 4 years. Versteeg is NOT a 2nd line player on many teams. Bergenheim was a 4th line player for the Islanders & he got 2.75 for 4 years.

Brian Campbell has quite possibly the worst contract in the league. Since Tallon gave it to him they deserve to be together again. Jovocop isn't anywhere near the player he once was. Look at Upshall's numbers & tell me he deserves to be paid like a top 6 forward. Don't get me wrong I like him, but that contract is ridiculous. Fleischmann got a huge pay day. I hope it works out.

-Kopecky can play on any team's third line.
-Bergenheim improved last year. Players improve.
-Why isn't Versteeg a 2nd line caliber player again? 25-year old who already has 3 consecutive 20+ goal seasons in his career.
-Upshall's a good 3rd liner.

Campbell and Jovo aren't "bottom pairing defensemen." Overpaid? Yeah. That doesn't make them bottom pairing defensemen, though.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Connolly just got overpaid by the Leafs, I think Boss would agree with me...

Consiidering Connolly's last contract from the Sabers was 2 years at 4.5 per he got a raise of 250 grand per year. The Sabres overpaid him to begin with. The Leafs gave him a slight raise.

I cAnT wAtCh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Consiidering Connolly's last contract from the Sabers was 2 years at 4.5 per he got a raise of 250 grand per year. The Sabres overpaid him to begin with. The Leafs gave him a slight raise.

That's a dumb way to evaluate a contract.

Going by that criteria, I suppose Jovanovski's underpaid.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-Kopecky can play on any team's third line.
-Bergenheim improved last year. Players improve.
-Why isn't Versteeg a 2nd line caliber player again? 25-year old who already has 3 consecutive 20+ goal seasons in his career.
-Upshall's a good 3rd liner.

Campbell and Jovo aren't "bottom pairing defensemen." Overpaid? Yeah. That doesn't make them bottom pairing defensemen, though.

Bergenheim scored 14 goals last year. That's not even his career high. He had 8 in the playoffs. We'll see if he continues that pace. I seriously doubt it. Tell me why Versteeg has been traded 3 times in the span of 1 season? If Kopecky is a 3rd line player why was he paid like a 1st or 2nd line forward. By the way he was a 4th liner in Detroit & Chicago. Upshall got 4 years 14 million to play on the 3rd line. Yeah that contract makes a lot of sense. NOT!

They won't be bottom pair defenseman in Florida. At least they better not be.