• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Overpaid"

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference. I wanted Ehrhoff, but I'm glad the Isles didn't give him what the Sabres did. An 8 million dollar signing bonus? Give me a break. What the Panthers are doing is ridiculous.

The only team Eric Cole has ever played well for is Carolina. I wish the Canadiens luck. He could end up being the next Scott Gomez.

They were almost forced into doing it to reach the cap floor.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The word "overpaid" is also used by fans of a team that wanted that player and didn't get him.

I cant say I agree with this as a whole. Plenty said Jagr was worth a gamble at 2 but nothing over from the Pens perspective. This was prior to the signing so how could it be sour grapes as described. I am happy he is not on the roster at that hit. It could pan out, but the risk is almost 2 times what I would be happy with.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's simple really:

Everyone my team signed has a great contract and are not overpaid at all.

Anyone that I wanted to sign with my team, anyone that left my team to sign with another team, or anyone that simply didn't sign with my team at all, are all overpaid.

Sorry IPW I didn't see this post when I made my post saying almost the same thing.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were almost forced into doing it to reach the cap floor.

I don't have a problem with a team spending money on quality players. The problem I have with what the Panthers are doing is their giving top 6 forward money & top pair defenseman money to guys who are 3rd or 4th liners & bottom pair defenseman.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference. I wanted Ehrhoff, but I'm glad the Isles didn't give him what the Sabres did. An 8 million dollar signing bonus? Give me a break. What the Panthers are doing is ridiculous.

The only team Eric Cole has ever played well for is Carolina. I wish the Canadiens luck. He could end up being the next Scott Gomez.

LMAO. Yeah those 63 total games he played for teams other than Carolina he really sucked for. And in that year in Edmonton he had 27 points in 63 games and after he was traded back to the Hurricanes he had 15points in 17 games. Perhaps the team had something to do with it?

I do not mean to say he will definitely do well, I haven't a clue. I just thing that comment was funny.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. Yeah those 63 total games he played for teams other than Carolina he really sucked for. And in that year in Edmonton he had 27 points in 63 games and after he was traded back to the Hurricanes he had 15points in 17 games. Perhaps the team had something to do with it?

I do not mean to say he will definitely do well, I haven't a clue. I just thing that comment was funny.

Like I said I hope it works out. I heard more than one commentator say last year was a rennasaince season for him.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant say I agree with this as a whole. Plenty said Jagr was worth a gamble at 2 but nothing over from the Pens perspective. This was prior to the signing so how could it be sour grapes as described. I am happy he is not on the roster at that hit. It could pan out, but the risk is almost 2 times what I would be happy with.

I was being a bit sarcastic with my comment but not too far off. I think the scenario I mentioned is more likely tho.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I hope it works out. I heard more than one commentator say last year was a rennasaince season for him.

Numbers wise there is no question it was his best season in years. He could be very good, he could be very bad. I dont know. I was goofing on the other team comment.

I can see why the Habs made this move though. Everyone says they need more size and someone who can finish. Cole gives them that and has pretty good speed as well.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much that smiley cost, but someone overpaid for it.

And stop "thread jacking" Boss' thread!

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but everyone likes you, that's why your post is quoted 10 times. :D

I want to nominate this topic as topic of the year because I am a self centered egotistical jackass.

Oh wait, nominations are over DAMN !!!:heh:

I cAnT wAtCh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't have a problem with a team spending money on quality players. The problem I have with what the Panthers are doing is their giving top 6 forward money & top pair defenseman money to guys who are 3rd or 4th liners & bottom pair defenseman.

Oh, c'mon. Campbell and Jovanovski aren't bottom pairing defensemen. They might not be #1's anymore, but geez.

Some of the forwards they signed are very capable of 2nd liners. And not just playing for the Panthers, but playing for any team.

Versteeg is a 2nd liner on a lot of teams.
Fleischmann is a 2nd line point producer when healthy.

WE HAD HUGH FUCKING JESSIMAN ON THIS TEAM AT ONE POINT LAST YEAR!

Tallon had money to spend and made his team better.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers wise there is no question it was his best season in years. He could be very good, he could be very bad. I dont know. I was goofing on the other team comment.

I can see why the Habs made this move though. Everyone says they need more size and someone who can finish. Cole gives them that and has pretty good speed as well.

It's a risk they were obvioulsy willing to take. I just think the term & money were a bit much to say the least. Good for him though.