• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few years back, not 2011 but earlier, Wisconsin won in IC and he went to the 50 and started pumping his fists...he's a dirt ball that has absolutely zero loyalty...Barry Alvarez made Wisconsin, Bret was just in the right place at the right time...fuck him

That's what I like about him! He's not a PC little bitch, he's a coach that likes to win and doesn't give a shit what people think. Perfect fit.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put the under at 4 years. I also think Chuck Long is sitting in the BTN office waiting his turn as BB's new OC.

I think part of this equation rests with what happens to the college football landscape. If the power teams break away, the money to pay coaches will get interesting.

As far as the show cause point...another major drug scandal...or rabdo situation...and KF might be out without collecting.

Somewhere in the back of my mind though is the notion that KF may leave the program and take a position in the NFL and then not have the University pay him. But that is a remote notion in my mind.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.5 million is chump change when you consider revenue produced by the football program, and what bringing in someone who will win can produce. Example there are games this season that have 2,000 tickets unsold, at $100 a ticket that is $200,000 in ticket sales, multiply that by 7 home games = 1.4 million in one year. On top of that figure that each of the 2,000 people will spend $50 on misc. and you have an additional $100,000.00 in concessions per game x 7 =$700,000. So in one season $2.1 million is lost based on ticket sales alone... 2.1 x 3= 6.3mil. 6.3-4.5= +$1.8 million by filling the seats. Just sayin..

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another name, Narduzzi comes to mind...great Defensive coach, but then Pelini is also considered a great D coach...still, Iowa fans would be happy to have Pelini's regular season record, just not his record in bowls or the B10 champ game

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferentz's forte is OL play. Going into last years NFL draft, Iowa has put more OL's in the NFL than any other program since Ferentz took over. Every OL that has started at least for 2 years under Ferentz was drafted except for Zuscevius(sp?) because he tore his pectoral muscle at the combine.

Pelini's forte is Defense. Built the dynasty defense at LSU when they won the National Title. While at Nebraska his defense has given up 70 points to a .500 Wisconsin team, and also has in their last 5 losses given up 36, 63, 70, 45 and 41 points. There 2 lowest offensive games just happened to be against Iowa, 13 and 20 points respectively. Said it many times, Iowa wouldn't have given up 70 to Wisconsin even as bad as we were..

So no..I don't want Pelini over Ferentz...I'd rather have BB