• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many years will it be until Brett B takes over as the Iowa head football coach? Over under is set at 5yrs.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say over 5 years only because he'll get that long to make it at Arkansas and Ferentz will be short termed on the contract by then.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going under. In 4 yrs Ferentz buyout will be reasonable and Brett has an out clause in his contract if the Iowa job becomes available.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it depends on how successful he is at Arkansas. He has already opened his mouth a bit down there and not too sure the SEC folks like him all that much. That said, if he can build a program that wins down there, he likely wouldn't leave for Iowa. He is earning $3 million a year down there now, if he wins it will only go up. He is only 43 though so who knows...however I would like to see what else is out there at that time before I say come to Iowa Bret.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. How many coaches have a better record? He hates ISU and wins B1G championships, I'm sold.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is similar to the Bobby Stoops talk in the late 90s when Fry was on his last leg at Iowa. We were all pining for Stoops to sign on with Iowa but we ended up with Ferentz and Stoops is still at OK.

I don't see Bielema coming here. If he's successful at Arkansas he'd move on to something bigger/better (i.e. USC, Texas, Florida State, etc.). If he bombs, Iowa would likely look elsewhere anyway. I think going from Arkansas to Iowa would, at best, be a lateral move for any head coach. I realize he has ties to the state but I don't really see this happening.

Also, my guess is that much like most Iowa fans, we're growing a bit weary of this traditional pro style offense that we've hung on to for seemingly the past 100 years. I know we're in hurry up mode this year but if I had to guess, Iowa would try and finally move to today's college game with no fullbacks, 3-4 WR sets, etc.

Insert joke here at Iowa being 5-10 years behind the rest of the country...........

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron, I am not saying no, just 5 years from now, the college landscape will be much changed...the odd thing is that coaches at the schools have to build programs to win and while yes KF did that for a while and we hope gets back to that, it's funny in some ways cause Iowa produces NFL players no matter what the record is. You would think that would translate into recruits a la Pussbucker, but nope...spurned for Bama where he may or may not play ball...

In 5 years though, who knows where the NCAA will be and what will go on, if Bielema would be a good choice or not, who knows. I think if I was out there to take a chance, I go Venables from Clemson. There are other good guys as well, but that's my #1 if I could get him for the program right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't get the athletes to do that, hence not doing that. The best team in the country runs a pro style offense. I don't think that is being 5-10yrs behind the time, it is doing the only thing that you can with the athletes that you have. BB at Iowa in 4yrs, mark it down.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Build it and they will come" is my answer to that. Why can Northwestern and Indiana do it and we can't? There would be growing pains for certain, but it's not like other teams throughout the country are havens for recruiting, yet they have high-scoring offenses (Boise State is another).

Once Ferentz is gone, let's hope his ultra-conservative style goes with him. Get a young go-getter offensive minded coach in here and let's rekindle some excitement in Iowa City.

Throw Ferentz money at a guy like Josh McDaniels (Patriots O-coordinator). I know he flopped in Denver, but I think he'd do well at the college level.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few years back, not 2011 but earlier, Wisconsin won in IC and he went to the 50 and started pumping his fists...he's a dirt ball that has absolutely zero loyalty...Barry Alvarez made Wisconsin, Bret was just in the right place at the right time...fuck him

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hung 70 on Nebraska in the Big 10 championship game. Need I say more....

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've said it from the beginning that he positioned himself ooc so he could take the job in IC when it opens. That said, I'd say in 4 years barring no weird shit happens.

Also, this really isn't like Stoops at all imo.. BB actually has a lot of HC experience and has shown he can win. He's also not afraid to put the foot down and roll teams which I think a lot of people in IC want right now.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone know how KF's contract will work? I know he is signed til 2020, and the buyout right now is what, 10 million...so how does that work the longer he is coach?

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good question, Hawkeye and I had to look it up. Iowa would have to pay him 75% of his salary for "termination without cause", which is just about everything short of Ferentz in some sex/drugs scandal. So at just over $2 million per season and with his contract good through 2020, it's roughly $1.5 million per season. So if the buyout were to happen after this season, it would be a $9 million buyout, which would be reduced $1.5 million each season.

So basically it's not going to happen for a while.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so in 5 years in 2018...that's still $4.5 if you go '18, '19, '20...too much if you ask me...nice job Barta, schmuck

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Weisman will buy his contract out for us when he wins the Heisman and is the #1 overall draft pick in the NFL in 2 years. Cash in on a big Ford Truck sponsorship and maybe Caterpillar, you know real man crap.