• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OVER/UNDER 150 yards AP

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we all know AP is the Vikings offense and if hes on his game watch out. The fact we gave up 200 to Rams, 205 to Tampa Bay has to make you worried but at the same time Seattle held Alt to 64. However last year he blew up for over 200 by-himself. I feel AP will get 110 yards but it will not tell the real story. I think he will break a couple of 15 to 20 yards but for the most part we hold him in check. I feel if AP gets into 150 or above range Seattle will be in real trouble of winning the game So my question is how many yards to you think AP will gain and how many would he need to over come Seattle? After all its a slow day might as well have some fun until game day. As they say you can keep AP bottled up some of the time but you can't hold AP all the time. (Mad respect for AP getting Viking into the playoffs by-himself last year)

GO SEAHAWKS!!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane discipline is the key, especially against AP. He's hard to bring down no matter what the situation, but you give him gaping holes, he's next to impossible. The key to those 200 yard games was the undisciplined play of the defense. If everyone does their jobs, then there shouldn't be a problem.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the under on this one. With Minnesota's quarterback situation being what it is, I think the focus on defense should be and will be on stopping Peterson from doing too much damage. Holding Atlanta's running game down last week was great, but it didn't send the kind of message that stopping Peterson and the Vikings running game would send. I think they're still smarting from giving up back-to-back 200 yard games a couple weeks ago and going up against one of the best in the business will give them an opportunity to make up for that.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say under

I feel like our offense will be quite efficient against them and go up 13-20 pts early and force them to have to throw the ball around the second quarter

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go under for the same reasons Dude and Logical give.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will all depend on the flow of the game. Hopefully we come out firing on all cylinders and get an early two possession lead. This should force them into throwing situations, and we should encourage it further by continuing to stuff the box even with a big lead. Ponder will not be able to beat our secondary

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the under on this one. With Minnesota's quarterback situation being what it is, I think the focus on defense should be and will be on stopping Peterson from doing too much damage. Holding Atlanta's running game down last week was great, but it didn't send the kind of message that stopping Peterson and the Vikings running game would send. I think they're still smarting from giving up back-to-back 200 yard games a couple weeks ago and going up against one of the best in the business will give them an opportunity to make up for that.

Falcons got no run game. One of the reason there 2-7 now.

I'm gonna say under for the exact reasons Logical brought up. Minnisota QB situation is half ass. We are gonna(or should) focus on under

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna say under for the exact reasons Logical brought up. Minnisota QB situation is half ass. We are gonna(or should) focus on under

That was my point, though. Seemingly fixing the problem against the worst rushing team in the league was great in the sense that they didn't let another bad rushing team run all over them, but doing the same thing to Minnesota's run game would be huge and send a message to the rest of the league that the St. Louis and Tampa games were flukes. This is the big test to see if what they did to fix things actually fixed things or if Atlanta's run game is really that bad.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya and the same thing was said about the Rams having no one (now it looks like Stacy might be the real deal) and Tampa who should have had nothing once Martin went down. So yes the Falcons should have been easy to stop, but the last two weeks the same thing was said, so I give the team big credit for stepping up. However there were a couple of times throughout the game where lines opened up and they ran well, now AP when those lines open can not only get the 8 like ATL but could turn that into 80, so I'm going to wait a few weeks before I say it all good for the run D. It's also why I feel AP will get over 100 yards.http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15996/zac-stacy

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya and the same thing was said about the Rams having no one (now it looks like Stacy might be the real deal) and Tampa who should have had nothing once Martin went down. So yes the Falcons should have been easy to stop, but the last two weeks the same thing was said, so I give the team big credit for stepping up. However there were a couple of times throughout the game where lines opened up and they ran well, now AP when those lines open can not only get the 8 like ATL but could turn that into 80, so I'm going to wait a few weeks before I say it all good for the run D. It's also why I feel AP will get over 100 yards.http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15996/zac-stacy

A 100 yard game for Peterson wouldn't be horrible depending on how those yards came about. Limiting the impact of those yards is the key. Despite their inability to keep Tampa and St. Louis from gashing them for 200 yard games, the Seahawks defense managed to stiffen up where it mattered most... in the redzone. Despite all those yards, neither Tampa nor St. Louis managed to score a rushing touchdown. If the Seahawks give up a couple of long runs to Peterson, but stop him from getting into the endzone, I think a lot of people would be perfectly fine with that. He scored two touchdowns against the Hawks last year and those touchdowns were the only reason the game wasn't a complete blowout. He's too good not to get his share of yards, but the Seahawks defense will have done its job well if they can keep him out of the endzone like they kept Stacy and James out despite their otherwise big days.

Keeping Peterson out of the endzone would also force Minnesota to try to get in with their passing game, which is not something they've been particularly good at doing this year and is something that the Seahawks have been very good at preventing other teams from doing. The Vikings are tied for 29th in the league in passing touchdowns and the Seahawks are tied for 5th in the league in preventing passing touchdowns. In other words, if Peterson doesn't get into the endzone for them, it's going to be very difficult for the Vikings to get touchdowns on offense.

Besides, the Seahawks have the type of offense capable of keeping the ball out of the opposing offense's hands for long periods of time and if the Hawks take enough time off the clock and end drives with points instead of punts, Minnesota will be forced to limit Peterson's touches, which plays right into the strength of our defense. It should be an interesting game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will all depend on the flow of the game. Hopefully we come out firing on all cylinders and get an early two possession lead. This should force them into throwing situations, and we should encourage it further by continuing to stuff the box even with a big lead. Ponder will not be able to beat our secondary

There are 2 things about your avatar that really mezmerize me. The left one is bigger than the right one but I am good with either one.:omg::yahoo::nod::clap::whistle: