• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU Game Thread

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE Had a drunk woman puke on a little girl sitting beside me (turns out she got me too but I didn't know it til later) QUOTE]

I bet you were in section 131? If not, that happened in our section too. She was around row 7 I believe.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
section 97 row 50

The sooners fan who took a swing at a trooper was in the next section over.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBWV and Rusher summed up the way I felt Saturday night. I was hyped to watch the game after having a great day attending my Granddaughter's birthday party. We lost horribly at the mind game battle before the game an d could not shake off the jitters. This hurt all 3 phases of the game early. I'm not going to beat a dead horse, but the early turnovers on special teams and the 2 fumbles within the 20 really hurt. If we could have held onto the ball and put some points on the board, there would have been a definite change in the game. The pressure would have been placed squarely on OU's defense in the first half rather than in the middle of the 3rd quarter. The "bend but do not break" mentality of the defense was erased early. The first 3 (or 4 drives) were painful to watch. As much as I am not a fan of the 3-3-5, it is the defense that got us to this point. If we had more DL men to rotate into the game, maybe it would work better against a balanced attack such as OU's. The phantom score on the QB sneak plus review that could not reverse the call was bogus. I've attempted to keep officiating out of my discussions of the games because it has been bad during the season, but these guys are horrible. I thought the BE was bad. What I would give to have some of the bad ones from the BE ref a Big 12 game.

I read on other message boards that we were not ready for the big stage and to be honest, I really do not know what that meant. This loss was painful and hurt any chances we thought we had to represent the Big 12, but not being ready for the big stage is a cop out comment. I know that I cannot watch a game with Kirk Herbstriet as the commentator. He is too biased in attempting to impose his feelings for one team over the other. While we played like hot garbage in the first quarter, and some in the 2nd, he continued to belabor the point over and over. You could tell he favored OU and promoted them. He seems to pick a team whom he and ESPN would like to see move on and trashes the other team. I guess that is to let you know who he would have selected if he was allowed to during Gameday. Speaking of Gameday, the Big 12 should never allow these clowns on a Big 12 campus ever again. There is no way in hell that you can convince me that a Western Michigan vs a 2-8 U of Buffalo visit was warranted. Again, f*ck ESPN.

As another post states, we need to regroup and finish the season out with a bang. This team never quit during the OU game and I am hopeful that they will continue to play ball. Let's finish the season in style. And overall, LET'S GO.....