• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OU Game Thread

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else out there that couldn't make it to Morgantown?

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I will be the only one to stay warm tonight.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking ugly early. Are you out there GR, Dad?

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a total embarrassment, complete loss of discipline.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misery loves company, anyone else out there? Bueller? Bueller?

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clubbing1.jpg OK, this was my annual psychotic breakdown

Last edited:

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stuck it out until the bitter end. I was glad to see the team step up and try and make it a game the 2nd half. At least they never gave up.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Holgersen sure is somethin', I tell ya h'what!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the the first game I left by halftime. Take away the fumbles, pick six and personal fouls, it may have been a game. We played like we thought they would in the snow and wind. This blew a great opportunity for us. I hope it does not take another 10 years for us to make it this far.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept quiet all week and was hoping I was wrong, but I did not think we would win this game. There is to many people who think we are better then we are. We have beat average teams, but have struggled against the two good teams we have played.

The people who have been whining about where we have been ranked by the Playoff committee need to learn to wait till the season plays out before whining. Most of the time things sort themselves out.

This years team is a good team but not a great one, I'm proud of what this team has accomplished, we have a chance at winning two more games this year and having a ten win regular season year plus a bowl victory. That is a good season.

The sky hasn't fallen, and I don't see this loss leading to a chain reaction, this team doesn't quit like other teams before it. The right mentality is in place.

Hopefully Lyons gets Holgerson signed and we will continue to get better, we are on the right path.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept quiet all week and was hoping I was wrong, but I did not think we would win this game. There is to many people who think we are better then we are. We have beat average teams, but have struggled against the two good teams we have played.

The people who have been whining about where we have been ranked by the Playoff committee need to learn to wait till the season plays out before whining. Most of the time things sort themselves out.

This years team is a good team but not a great one, I'm proud of what this team has accomplished, we have a chance at winning two more games this year and having a ten win regular season year plus a bowl victory. That is a good season.

The sky hasn't fallen, and I don't see this loss leading to a chain reaction, this team doesn't quit like other teams before it. The right mentality is in place.

Hopefully Lyons gets Holgerson signed and we will continue to get better, we are on the right path.

I'm with ya, its not the end of the world. It was an UGLY UGLY performance with the turnovers and lack of composure/discipline. You can get away with some of those against some of these bad teams but a solid team like this years OU.. no chance, especially in those conditions. I still hate the 3-3-5 and it just proved once again that it will never win a championship for us or anybody else but I do like that the guys didn't quit, God knows they had their chance to.
I am sold on Dana's offense, with the right people I'm not sure anyone could stop it, our RB's (when healty) WR are as good as anyone imho and our line is good this year, just a shame we don't have a quality QB behind center, you can see that the system works and he gives us all he has but he just doesn't have the composure to get us to the next level. I'm praying that Grier is that guy next season, we'll see. I'd like to see Gibby get away from the 3-3-5 and go to something else, Ill never be a believer in that scheme as far as winning a big time championship.

We did have some bright spots, the line blocked really good, Crawford was awesome all things considered and IMO might have scored some TD's and had even more yards had he not been hurt and getting caught from behind, I don't think they catch him on some of those big runs if he were healthy. Douglas did a great job on Westbrook I thought and Durante and White continued to impress, I'm excited about their future here.

Agree also on Dana, get this regular season finished and not only lock him and the staff down but get him some more help in here on the recruiting front. Hire a stud recruiter that can sell ice to a snowman. WVU is making Big12 money now, time to spend like one and surround Dana with as much coaching talent as we can, have his primary focus be QB's and line on both sides of the ball.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched from hunting camp, hunting Saturday morning was great, killed a big fat hen for Thanksgiving dinner!! After dark, the day went downhill fast. I saw a team that was not in any way prepared to play a game against a quality team, or any team for that matter. I am NOT going to pour piss on the defense, I thought they played hard, the offense is completely broken, has become the weakest part of our team. The defense had more than a few moments of frustration that showed in the ridiculous unsportsmanlike penalties, rather than punching the Oklahoma players, they should have been kicking OUR offensive and ST players butts!!! The lone positive I saw yesterday was the team didn't quit, kept playing hard in the second half. What has happened to our offense??? It is putrid the last several games, playing against some very poor defenses, we just can not score!!! Finish drives!!!! Coach the ST players how to play the damn game!!!! It seems as if every time we are on the big stage, our players get a swelled head and fall flat on their faces, WVU and UL this week both spent their time griping about their position in the polls, rather than practicing and focusing on the importance of the upcoming game!!! I worry about the IAST game if our putrid offense doesn't get their act together!!!

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense had learned how to try and strip the ball! Yall don't know how happy that made me! I want you guise to have more success than every other Big XII team other than OU of course. For reals. You guise joining gave me hope that we would be able to entice other teams from that region to join as well...it hasn't happened yet but I'm not giving up hope! I was wanting Ga Tech, Va Tech at least...and Clemson and Florida State too so you guise wouldn't have to travel so far all of the time AND the Big XII would have many tie-in games w/the SEC. Anywho, just my 2 cents. Now, beat the dogshit out of Baylor and win that bowl game!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man... I have a lot of different feelings after watching the first half of the game last night. I left at half. I've never left a game in Morgantown before the last second had ticked off the clock before. NEVER!!

But, I was cold and had seen enough. My son says to me as we walked out of the stadium, "I can't believe you wanted to leave. You've never left a game."

Sadly, our guys are mental midgets. We've all known Skyler is a head case, but we saw the WVU defense completely lose their minds.

Was last night a premeditated move as my buddy Slaton suggested to me this morning? I think he is right. I read today that Dana went off on Coach Bedenbaugh at half. I saw Dana take off toward the OU sideline, but obviously when you're at the game, it's impossible to know what's going on in situations like that.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually surreal... the whole experience. I was shocked to see the OU team move to midfield as the WVU players were heading to the locker room after their pregame warmup. I thought... OK... another midfield scrum...

Today I read the OU OL was playing dirty in the first half, and that is why the WVU DL was involved in so many personal fouls. I have no idea. All I saw was OU pounding the ball down the throat of our defense.

And, I watched WVU fumble the ball repeatedly inside the 10 yd line.

It was fucking embarrassing.

And, to top off a miserable weekend, I got to drive home in a snow storm today.

tom55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU definitely did not handle the weather conditions very well. Beside the fact that we kept turning the ball over, made a lot dumb penalties and we could not stop their running game I did not think Oklahoma was that much better than us. It was pretty painful to watch.

Look on the bright side...how 'bout that girls soccer team!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was there into the 4th quarter. It was a miserable night. I did get to see an OU fan take a swing at a state Trooper, had a drunk woman puke on a little girl sitting beside me (turns out she got me too but I didn't know it til later), and all through snow squalls, freezing temps and wind. Oh yeah, and our team didn't bother to show up to play. All-in-all, the worst experience I've had at a game.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually surreal... the whole experience. I was shocked to see the OU team move to midfield as the WVU players were heading to the locker room after their pregame warmup. I thought... OK... another midfield scrum...

Today I read the OU OL was playing dirty in the first half, and that is why the WVU DL was involved in so many personal fouls. I have no idea. All I saw was OU pounding the ball down the throat of our defense.

And, I watched WVU fumble the ball repeatedly inside the 10 yd line.

It was fucking embarrassing.

And, to top off a miserable weekend, I got to drive home in a snow storm today.
On TV, on most plays, they zoomed in an focused on our DLine kicking, stomping, punching, kneeing, etc their offensive line on nearly every play, so I think the "dirty play" was going both ways. I think the replay official was watching the TV reporters and told the guys on the field to be watching for it, which led to so many penalties. Just as the replay looked at how many guys we had on the field on the last play last week due to a TV guy putting 12 on the screen.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the the first game I left by halftime. Take away the fumbles, pick six and personal fouls, it may have been a game. We played like we thought they would in the snow and wind. This blew a great opportunity for us. I hope it does not take another 10 years for us to make it this far.
:agree: