• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other preseason observations

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jake Locker looked great. I really hope he doesn't make the Niners look stupid for passing on him...

Cam Newton not so much.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone know if NFLN is showing the titans game again? I really want to see how locker looked.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There were a couple of QBs in next year's draft who could make me forget about Locker even if he turns out to be a good one. If the Niners can't get one of 'em at least they have a future star in Aldon Smith.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we give Kap a shot before we talk about next year's QBs?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Kap is no Jake Locker IMO. Of course I'll give him a chance, but I'm not getting my hopes up even a little.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a couple of QBs in next year's draft who could make me forget about Locker even if he turns out to be a good one. If the Niners can't get one of 'em at least they have a future star in Aldon Smith.

I'm hoping (not expecting) Kaep becomes a undeniable football god in one year, so we could use our pick on another need. but I'd have a hard time passing on Luck or Barkley if we where in position, regardless of kaep

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Derrick Morgan had a sack today. He was one of my fav's last year; I think he's gonna be a force.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jason Pierre Paul is making me look bad so far this preseason with 2 sacks.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kap is no Jake Locker IMO. Of course I'll give him a chance, but I'm not getting my hopes up even a little.

Let's stop acting like you were the biggest Locker fan Sickness. You would'nt have even taken him in the first.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Let's stop acting like you were the biggest Locker fan Sickness. You would'nt have even taken him in the first.

I wasn't the biggest Locker supporter. I wasn't even a big supporter of him at all. But did you read what I finally decided abuot him before the dratf? I started a thread saying it looks like the Niners would have to take Locker at 7 if they wanted him. Earlier I posted that he's one of a few players for whom I'd want the Niners to trade up from round 2 in order to select...

I also said RIGHT after he was taken I have a sinking feeling that pick is going to come back to haunt the 49ers. And I didn't say that because I was a huge fan of his; I said it because I don't think the Niners have enough firepower to trade up for Andrew Luck next year if a team who's already set at QB has the first pick (which is the most realistic scenario in which he ends up in SF).

And I'm not saying Locker's gonna be great; he threw like 10 passes in his PRESEASON career. But I like him a heck of a lot more than any other QB in the 2011 draft (especially Kap). I like him about as much as I like Barkley so far, and less than Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm hoping (not expecting) Kaep becomes an undeniable football god in one year, so we could use our pick on another need. but I'd have a hard time passing on Luck or Barkley if we where in position, regardless of kaep

I'm hoping (not expecting) Kaep becomes an undeniable football god in one year

That is funny as hell - so do I!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else think that Kap's windup was CRAZY slow all game? I was hoping for a quicker release but he does have a funny throwing motion, much slower then I remember seeing in college.....probably bc I wasn't watching him as a potential Niner QB....

stilla9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CK flashed a little of his ability to be a QB in the nfl, but only time will tell. I for one am hoping we have no chane of getting Luck next year. not because I dont like him but because I hoping, wishing and praying we have a really good season. SOOOO tired of losing

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't the biggest Locker supporter. I wasn't even a big supporter of him at all. But did you read what I finally decided abuot him before the dratf? I started a thread saying it looks like the Niners would have to take Locker at 7 if they wanted him. Earlier I posted that he's one of a few players for whom I'd want the Niners to trade up from round 2 in order to select...

I also said RIGHT after he was taken I have a sinking feeling that pick is going to come back to haunt the 49ers. And I didn't say that because I was a huge fan of his; I said it because I don't think the Niners have enough firepower to trade up for Andrew Luck next year if a team who's already set at QB has the first pick (which is the most realistic scenario in which he ends up in SF).

And I'm not saying Locker's gonna be great; he threw like 10 passes in his PRESEASON career. But I like him a heck of a lot more than any other QB in the 2011 draft (especially Kap). I like him about as much as I like Barkley so far, and less than Luck.

So you think Barkley is a 2nd rounder?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So you think Barkley is a 2nd rounder?

No. All offseason I thought Locker would go 25th to seattle 'cause that's where most people were saying he'd go. I wanted the Niners to trade up from the 2nd to the 20's to get him (in one of the scenarios I liked). However, right before the draft I posted that it looks like the only way the Niners would get him is if they took him at 7. I wasn't 100% onvinced he'd be a great QB, but I thought he was CLEARLY the best QB in the draft. On draft day if I had to decide between Aldon & Locker I would've went with Aldon because he's the safer pick IMO. But it's a tough call.

So at this point I like him about as much as I like Barkley. I think Barkley will be the 2nd overall pick next year, but he might not even enter. Both have aspects about them that worry me, but I don't think the niners are going to do any better at QB unless they get Andrew Luck.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a USC fan, I've seen a lot of Barkley and I don't think he has "it". He throws too many interceptions, even on a conservative USC offense and doesn't convert key third downs when the momentum of the game is swinging. His record at USC has been disappointing and not up to what we expect as alumni.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As a USC fan, I've seen a lot of Barkley and I don't think he has "it". He throws too many interceptions, even on a conservative USC offense and doesn't convert key third downs when the momentum of the game is swinging. His record at USC has been disappointing and not up to what we expect as alumni.

I don't get what people see in Barkley either...

My favorite QB next year is Jeff Tuel