• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: What are your hobbies

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennis
Running
like puck, chauffeur for my two daughters (music lessons, field hockey, gymnastics)

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nice pics.

I agree that light tackle is killer. I caught a 12 pound largemouth on 2 pound mono down in a swamp in Florida one time. It was on a Team Diawa procaster ultralight. It took like 20 minutes and he broke the line right as I got him on the back but I scooped him up before he got back into the water. I took pics, weighed him and put him back. It was a thrill. It was also my senior year of high school.

Wow.. The biggest bass I've ever caught was 7 lbs, but that was in VA. a 7 lb bass up here is like a 10-12 lb bass down there. My buddy lives on a canal in FL that's listed in the Fl sportsman guide as a top canal for bass. We never bass fish since he got his new boat though. Last June we camped in the everglades for a week, and boated several 100+ lb Tarpon. We caught them on top water poppers. It was unreal. I'll see if I can post those pics also.

ROOLZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tarpon pic

It would only let me post the one picture, so I picked my favorite. That's the biggest one I caught, but we caught several more that were over 100 lbs, over 4 days of fishing. it was some of the funnest fishing I've ever done.

just like bass fishing. We were using medium spinning rods with 25 lb test main line and 40 lb test fluorocarbon leaders. They would just explode on the poppers and then the fight was on. Some of them took well over an hour to get boated.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would only let me post the one picture, so I picked my favorite. That's the biggest one I caught, but we caught several more that were over 100 lbs, over 4 days of fishing. it was some of the funnest fishing I've ever done.

just like bass fishing. We were using medium spinning rods with 25 lb test main line and 40 lb test fluorocarbon leaders. They would just explode on the poppers and then the fight was on. Some of them took well over an hour to get boated.

Unfortunately I have not fished nearly as much since I finished my undergad years. All of my pictures are the old school type. I need to get back into it. The biggest bass I ever caught in Virginia was around 7 pounds and it was in my family pond, on the farm. I have seen bigger in the Northern Virginia area though, and they are in small ponds. I have just not been able to catch them.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
golf

poker

seeing what young lezzies I might be able to pick up for a one-timer

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, all of the sharks that I caught were small bonnetheads. They were annoying to take off the hook because they dould dislocate their jaws. You had to cut the hook and work it through the backwards. The biggest i ever caught was maybe 19-20 inches.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
seeing what young lezzies I might be able to pick up for a one-timer

worthless.gif

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are playing the drums like riding a bike? One thing I have always been interested in is playing an instrument, or the drums. I just never really pursued it. I'd like to be able to play any instrument really, but if i had my choice, it's be the drums or the sax.

I hope you get back into playing the drums..if ya want :D

no it's probably the opposite of riding a bike lol. once you learn to ride a bike, you can ride it forever even after stopping for years. but drums take lots and lots of practice to learn, and skills deteriorate after you stop playing. you have to develop your wrists and everything :) but if you have the time, drums are fun to learn..

yeah i will get back into it one day hopefully, but that will be years from now when i can afford another set..i had to sell mine :mad:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go camping several times per year usually with my dad and a few friends. We generally head into the Bitterroot mountain range along the Idaho/Montana border, but not always. I always enjoy hiking and that stuff. We usually hike in to wherever we are staying though so we don't have the space for carrying a tacklebox. Or beer. :( We pretty much stick to water.

We spend quite a bit on camping gear though. The other thing I spend a lot of money on is Legos. I don't know how anyone can honestly outgrow them. I never did anyway. :D I also used to collect baseball cards, but all the parallel refractor serial numbered autographs that drove up case prices pretty much soured me on the hobby. I wish they realized that collecting baseball cards was originally intended for kids! Kids nowadays can't come close to being able to afford to complete even a basic set. My dad kind of wants to buy some of the 2010 Topps Heritage set though because they are modeled after the 1961 Topps cards and he has a complete set of 61s. They do look pretty cool actually.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go camping several times per year usually with my dad and a few friends. We generally head into the Bitterroot mountain range along the Idaho/Montana border, but not always. I always enjoy hiking and that stuff. We usually hike in to wherever we are staying though so we don't have the space for carrying a tacklebox. Or beer. :( We pretty much stick to water.

We spend quite a bit on camping gear though. The other thing I spend a lot of money on is Legos. I don't know how anyone can honestly outgrow them. I never did anyway. :D I also used to collect baseball cards, but all the parallel refractor serial numbered autographs that drove up case prices pretty much soured me on the hobby. I wish they realized that collecting baseball cards was originally intended for kids! Kids nowadays can't come close to being able to afford to complete even a basic set. My dad kind of wants to buy some of the 2010 Topps Heritage set though because they are modeled after the 1961 Topps cards and he has a complete set of 61s. They do look pretty cool actually.

omg i would freakin love to play with legos right now

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like fishing and treasure hunting (using a metal detector) The first thing I ever found was a 1938 murcury dime. It's cool some of the stuff you find.

Squatchito

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Video Games
Homebrewing
Cigars
BBQ
Every now and again I will ride my bike
Play pick-up every Friday I can manage

Last edited by a moderator:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hobbies are fast cars
and fast women.

That's why guys in
my car club call me "The Cruiser."

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puck, that was your profile pic at ESPaiN, was it not? And if I could just combine you and John Carlson together, I would possibly go gay for it :D

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Reading, writing, poker, dropping acid at the zoo, and spontaneity.