• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Target got got (de facto Bad Cyber Stuff thread)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do retailers not hedge currencies????

Sony tells @CTVNews it will close all 14 Canadian stores within 6-8 weeks.

/bricks and mortar is dieing though ... I would like to personally apologize to Sony Canada for visiting their store and showrooming :pout:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm - There might be some pretty good deals for a savvy Sony shopper to scoop up.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm - There might be some pretty good deals for a savvy Sony shopper to scoop up.

Yeah, if they cut their prices by 50%, you will pay almost what you pay for every other brand.

:whistle:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do retailers not hedge currencies????

Sony tells @CTVNews it will close all 14 Canadian stores within 6-8 weeks.

/bricks and mortar is dieing though ... I would like to personally apologize to Sony Canada for visiting their store and showrooming :pout:

Most Canadian sports franchises will tell you they don't as well, but, they do.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big news today with Target but no surprise, they could never get ahead since they came here. Be interesting to see if another retailer comes in to replace them.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's talk that Primark from Ireland might be interested in some of the outlets - they just bought 15 former Sears locations recently in the US.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to let this become the de facto "Bad Cyber Shit" thread;

Time Warner Cable customers, look out:
Time Warner Cable data breach may affect 320K

Couple things...
1) I wouldn't trust Time Warner to tell the truth any more than I'd trust the Subway Guy to babysit my daughter. If you are a TWC Customer, change your password. Now.
2) The breach was at a third party. They are very careful to say no one broke into THEIR systems. Great. Problem is that if the data stolen was email addresses and passwords for TWC accounts, that means that Time Warner GAVE the third party YOUR password. It's an inexcusable breach of trust for any company to even KNOW their customers' passwords. Giving that password to another party that has no direct relationship with said customer? That's fucking criminal.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello out there, we're on the air, it's cyber crime tonight!

There is something that is starting to become a problem and wanted to give all y'all a heads up.

If you use your twitter handle, gmail or yahoo mail or facebook username as your online banking username KEEP A VERY CLOSE EYE ON YOUR ACCOUNTS.

example, your twitter handle is @unoriginalname and you also use "unoriginalname" for your online banking login. You are the target.

Bad guys, not sure where from, got a bulk list of usernames and passwords (twitter or yahoo or gmail most likely) and are trying those same usernames at pretty much every bank. Once they get a positive ID that the username is good, they start trying to guess passwords, starting with the one you use for twitter or email if they have it.

So look for logins to your online banking (if you can you should set up text alerts when someone logs in) and especially look for changes to your email address or phone number of record. Again any alerting you can set up on online banking to tell you when someone logs in or changes anything is good. Set a limit to how much can be moved out of your account through bill pay or wires without secondary authentication as well.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My alma mater got got (and the paid the hackers 20 grand to get their system back).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My alma mater got got (and the paid the hackers 20 grand to get their system back).

Prepare for a long few years of getting got.

Once you pay it's a can of worms. Everyone comes after you.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need something a little classier and that really brands your cyber crime updates, 43. I've helped you out below.

PS - You're welcome.

tumblr_nwipufjW1n1s2wio8o1_500.gif

BAD CYBER STUFF
ALERT!!!!!
tumblr_mamk5gtvXy1rnvoiso1_500.gif

Alaerts are forthcoming..

Q8gb6.gif

The following alerts are QcT9zc1DpgxGoDTG-176ESqv0mrdWnIfL8B8YcsLSBa6KX53VwHBrE9CHc0lQIaMp10D=w170.jpg in your area:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't I just use this.

lz7hOlC.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the breach happened two years ago. It was just "discovered" now.

Coincidentally a week after they filed with the FCC saying they knew of no major breaches in advance of finalizing the deal for Verizon to buy them.

And, it's looking like a "Nation-state" wanted to spy on its own citizens, and did the breach.

It's like some bad John Grisham fiction.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lz7holc-gif.125935

Alert!

Couple things:
1) Find adult friends another way. Because the one you went to after Ashley Madison was... insecure.
Hack Brief: 412 million accounts hacked on FriendFinder hookup sites

So, if you, ummmm, use the web to find sex, your secrets will soon be out there. Apparently it was more than just login info. They seemed to have logged every message sent through their site, and all that has also been stolen. There are allegedly thousands of emails and messages from government employees in the UK, Canada and the US. The hackers have not dumped the full data yet, but some people are claiming to have grabbed parts of it.

2) If you are in the KKK, you also will have some issues soon.
Anonymous leaks identities of 350 alleged Ku Klux Klan members

Several that have come out so far are Business Leaders, Senators and Mayors. The problem is, of course, the source of the information is not known so the validity is questionable. But let's not let that get in the way of a good witch hunt. I do find it kind of hard to believe that a backwoods collection of rednecks would have a web presence and giant database of user info. But you never know.

I am actually just waiting for Anonymous to hit on the idea of breaking into the NRA and then comparing the list with KKK lists. That would be fun. Because I am not on either list.

Also, if you downloaded the NHL app on your Android phone, and updated it by default several weeks ago, they changed your background data settings. So essentially, your phone has been calling back, updating all the information in the app (scores, rosters, news) all day every day which has been using your data whether you open the app or not. For me, this month, it transferred nearly one gig (841mb to be exact) of data and I never opened the app once. Beware

Make it stop by going to Phone Settings > Data Usage > and find NHL app (this will tell you how much data the app has used on your phone). Select the app and turn on "Restrict Background Data". This is the setting their app update changed.