• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move, honestly, I don't understand at all. Unless they have a trade in hand for Jah.
Poor Jah, apparently they wanted to include him in the Amir Johnson deal as a sign and trade, but it fell through. Can't even give the guy away I guess.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Jah, apparently they wanted to include him in the Amir Johnson deal as a sign and trade, but it fell through. Can't even give the guy away I guess.

There is a perfect trade opportunity right now for Okafor if we were to call the Atlanta Hawks. They have absolutely nothing at the 4 or 5 position after just losing Paul Milsap and trading Dwight Howard. Their best player at either position is career journeyman Miles Plumlee who averaged slightly over 2 points per game last season and is coming off of arthroscopic surgery. Aside from that they only have rookie John Collins (19th pick in the draft) who makes Okafor look solid Defensively. Okafor could step right into that situation and average 15-18 ppg.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move, honestly, I don't understand at all. Unless they have a trade in hand for Jah.

Or maybe they just don't plan on playing Jah? Amir Johnson is a very solid big man and instantly makes the team better. Jah can roll as the 5th big man until he earns minutes.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is where they were for parts of last year, you may recall. Jah or Holmes were healthy scratches for games. But that's not a good situation. Ideally you would deal Jah because if he continues not to play, his value drops even more. They really should have taken the later first round pick supposedly on the table at the trade deadline last year. That might have been the best they will get for Jah.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is where they were for parts of last year, you may recall. Jah or Holmes were healthy scratches for games. But that's not a good situation. Ideally you would deal Jah because if he continues not to play, his value drops even more. They really should have taken the later first round pick supposedly on the table at the trade deadline last year. That might have been the best they will get for Jah.

I don't think they'll get anything for Jah regardless. Our best hope is that maybe we can swap garbage with another team where the new scenery benefits the players.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fun to think about how we'll match up against teams this year. Embiid/Saric/Simmons/Covington/Fultz/Redick/TLC/Johnson/Holmes/Stauskas/Korkmaz/Bayless/McConnell/Okafor.

The depth and versatility is amazing. Brett Brown is going to be able to match up against any team. Obviously, we can't match the Warriors but I'd love to see Embiid, Simmons, Covington, Redick, Fultz against their lineup. And then when they go to the bench, we throw out Holmes/Johnson with Saric, TLC, Bayless. It's going to be fun. Plus we get to watch all the young guys continue to develop.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC - trade Jah to Atlanta.

I think they might keep him as a backup to Joel, if they don't get a decent offer for Jah.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are any of the minutes going to come from for Okafor if we keep him? Unless we plan to again give Embiid a good deal of games off this year? We now have Amir Johnson who's the perfect #3 Center to get in there and do the dirty work while Holmes gives you excellent quality as the #2 Center. We even traded back up in Rd 1 to draft a future Center ... so we even have that covered.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think any minutes for Jah come at the expense of Holmes and I think Holmes is better. So I am not in favor of that.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor plays when:

1. Embiid needs an off day.
2. The game is out of reach.
3. The matchup dictates it (limited circumstances)
4. He proves himself defensively and expands his offensive range (unlikely to happen)

Very few minutes but who cares?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for tonight's game ... anyone know if Fultz is playing? Last I heard was that he couldn't play unless he signs prior to the game?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All indications are that he is playing, not sure if he has signed or what.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will play. they announced it, and he is looking forward to it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers look pretty good. Fulz has the stroke as promised and Jonah Bolden looks surprisingly good, he might be a find.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good first game for Fultz ... certainly flashed the potential, but didn't really seem to know his role. I think his role with us will be perfect in a Kyrie Irving type role where he will be a Point in name, but will be looked at more for scoring than being a true Point. Simmons I think will be the guy to distribute the ball from his forward position. Bolden I think will certainly have a roll on this team as a stretch 4 and his athleticism as a shot blocker will help him get minutes. I think Luwawu-Cabarrot is only a deep bench guy ... I don't see anything in him which leads me to think he will have significant PT. Tatum looked really solid for Boston and Jaylen Brown looks to have taken a big leap year 2.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only caught the first half. Was relieved when I went to check out who was playing center,Kaleb Tarczewski, and that it isn't the big we drafted to stash overseas for a bit.

Only summer league, so never want to read too much into anything, but did like to see the blocks from Fultz. Not a fan of those deep twos, hope he can make adjustments to where he needs to be to try and keep them as 3s.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's clearly a gunner type but we needed someone who can score and he fits that bill. I hope he can learn to play off the ball but yes, right now he is like a Kyrie Irving type.

As for TLC I continue to like him but he will live or die with his shot in the NBA. He is a guy who probably could have used a few years abroad.

Last edited: