• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you guys trade this much to move up to 1 and get Fultz?

Sorry, link didn't work ... it was a 3 way trade Celts, Sixers and Sac. We end up giving up pick 3, Saric and the Lakers 2018 unprotected forst.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, link didn't work ... it was a 3 way trade Celts, Sixers and Sac. We end up giving up pick 3, Saric and the Lakers 2018 unprotected forst.
Yes I would. Fultz is the exact guy the Sixers really need. I would do it in a sec.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would not. Adding Saric is a deal breaker for me.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be way, way too much.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a big Saric fan, so I think I would. I'd probably have to include a provision that it be the Lakers or the Sixers own pick, whichever is worse.

Embiid, Simmons, and Fultz would be so sick.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost everyone has Fultz as the clear #1 pick, but some wonder why if he so good, how come he couldn't get his team into the tournament?

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because his team sucked. Much like the LSU team that Simmons was on.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Okafor and 3, something like that, but otherwise I would stand pat at 3 and take the best player available. Trust the process. Don't trade the Lakers pick, which could be high, or Saric, a promising young big with a shot and passing ability.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't do that deal for several reasons ... reason #1 is injury history. Simmons hasn't played a regular season game yet and Embiid, while looking great in his first year of play, is still a guy who needs to prove he can stay healthy all year. You can't trade away 1st rounders (plus Saric) having 2 huge question mark players like that. 2nd, Dario Saric looked really good for a rookie ... in the 2nd half of the season he averaged 17+ ppg and 7+ reb's, around 3.5 assists. He looks very much like a Forward who can average around 18 and 8 moving forward if given the minutes ... That "alone" would be a really nice get for the Celtics for moving down all of two spots. I do think Fultz would be a perfect fit on the Sixers ... so I would do #3, Saric and a top 3 protected in 2019; "or" #3 and that Laker's unprotected next year ... but I think #3, Saric and the Laker's unprotected is way too much, even for Fultz.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way am I giving up Saric. He looks like he could be a very good player and would leave a big hole at forward.

C Embiid
F Saric
F Simmons
SG?
PG Fulz

That has the potential to be an excellent team. We have the Lakers first and Sacrementos pick to fill SG plus a ton of cash.
I think the 76ers could be on to something and Sacremento #1 pick could be absolutely tremendous. Could you I imagine a little playoff run in 2 years and nailing the 1st pick in the draft. That would be MONEY!
Lets hope LA doesn't get George and suffer a few injuries. We deserve the luck but I'm thinking LA istrying to improve a lot immediately (getting George) now instead of just waiting one more year for him to be a FA and only giving up money. I think they try to get George now to lessen the sting of losing the pick.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Colangelo trades the Lakers 2018 first, he should be fired. With Embiid's health uncertainty, you could be trading a pick that become Mohammed Bamba or DeAndre Ayton, two guys that while absolutely not Embiid, could really help you pivot to a contender in the case Embiid never stays healthy. Not to mention guys like Michael Porter and Luka Doncic. There no way the different between Fultz and whomever we pick is worth that sort of guy.

It would be a classic case of undervaluing the uncertain, and in this case a fatal undervaluation. I don't have much faith in Colangelo, but I'm fairly certain he is not that stupid.

Not to mention these aren't really rumors, just made up nonsense from Celtics superfan Bill Simmons. There's no other source of this rumor.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Colangelo trades the Lakers 2018 first, he should be fired. With Embiid's health uncertainty, you could be trading a pick that become Mohammed Bamba or DeAndre Ayton, two guys that while absolutely not Embiid, could really help you pivot to a contender in the case Embiid never stays healthy. Not to mention guys like Michael Porter and Luka Doncic. There no way the different between Fultz and whomever we pick is worth that sort of guy.

It would be a classic case of undervaluing the uncertain, and in this case a fatal undervaluation. I don't have much faith in Colangelo, but I'm fairly certain he is not that stupid.

Not to mention these aren't really rumors, just made up nonsense from Celtics superfan Bill Simmons. There's no other source of this rumor.

Id trade the Lakers pick cause we still have Okafor. But if Embiid can't get better all bets are off anyway. Fulz, Simmons, Saric, Okafor and the Kings 1st is still good position to be in.

But ifthat Lakers pick turned into a top 3 pick that would sting... And Boston could potentially be a juggernaut.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having gone through the Colangelo experience in Toronto, he does have an itchy finger for trades, but usually for veteran guys. He does however more often than not have a good eye for young talent in the draft, so my guess would be Philly stays put at 3 and I wouldn't be surprised he takes Fox there if Fultz and Ball are the first two off the board. Jackson's outside shot worries me a bit that he may never live up to his full potential and be better than Fox in the long-term. Fox reminds me of a bigger faster version of Kenny Anderson.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost everyone has Fultz as the clear #1 pick, but some wonder why if he so good, how come he couldn't get his team into the tournament?

Even if Fultz is the consensus #1, is he so good that he's worth trading up for? Another way to ask it -- if he's that good, would Boston even consider trading the first pick? I think there are several players in this draft who will be starters in the league for a long time. I'm not sure there are any superstars. Maybe, but I'm not sure. How much more valuable is Fultz than Smith or Jackson or Fox or Monk?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fultz is that much better than the rest ... it's just that what he brings to the table is a great fit for what we need. If we believe what's been said about Simmons playing the Point, we need a complimentary Guard who can shoot and score to play off of him. We also need a Guard who can make the open J when teams double Embiid below. Fultz imo is the perfect compliment to both Simmons and Embiid.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to hear a lot of chatter that a Kings and Sixers deal is looking more and more likely as the Kings "really" want Fox and the Sixers would be fine with moving down to 5 and taking Monk (plus the would also get the 10th pick).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but what good player would be available @ #10? If he isn't a star quality prospect, then all we are getting is a questionable player v.s a star in Jackson or Fox.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine, but what good player would be available @ #10? If he isn't a star quality prospect, then all we are getting is a questionable player v.s a star in Jackson or Fox.

Monk at #5 would be great and at #10 you take the best pure shooter available. The Sixers biggest need are players that will force defense to try to stop the jump shot.