• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry those bitter-sweet tears, sunshine.

Thanks for letting us keep the pick!

I was just educating you on your false statement. Now you know. Which is better than when you first got in here.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry those bitter-sweet tears, sunshine.

Thanks for letting us keep the pick!

I can't imagine any 76ers fans are too upset about it any longer. The real kick in the balls were those few seconds when we thought -- "Sacramento is in the top 3, which means we're probably getting 2 picks this year." Pretty easy to get over it when you consider the fact that the 76ers were still able to exercise the Sacramento swap and jump up two spots. The Lakers pick will probably still be a lottery pick next year, but depending on player progression and what they do in free agency or via trade, it could end up being in the 7-14 range. Still valuable, depending on what players will be available.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine any 76ers fans are too upset about it any longer. The real kick in the balls were those few seconds when we thought -- "Sacramento is in the top 3, which means we're probably getting 2 picks this year." Pretty easy to get over it when you consider the fact that the 76ers were still able to exercise the Sacramento swap and jump up two spots. The Lakers pick will probably still be a lottery pick next year, but depending on player progression and what they do in free agency or via trade, it could end up being in the 7-14 range. Still valuable, depending on what players will be available.

I'd rather let you guys have a 7-14 range player than a 4-6 range player.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course -- but there's no guarantee where the Lakers will be picking next year. The pick is unprotected. Even if L.A. has a decent record, they could end up with a top 3 pick next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course -- but there's no guarantee where the Lakers will be picking next year. The pick is unprotected. Even if L.A. has a decent record, they could end up with a top 3 pick next year.

Difference is, they won't be deliberately tanking next season like they did this year.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is, they won't be deliberately tanking next season like they did this year.

And yet, they still might not be very good. We'll have to see what happens. I don't see them winning more than 35 games in any scenario with their current roster.

35 wins will put them at the back end of the lottery. But put them in the 27-30 win range, and they might have another top 5 pick.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sixers will not need a top 4 pick. While it would be nice we can still get a good player that is in the top 10. Here is what you are not understanding because you are too busy being a uneducated homer. The Lakers are going to take Lonzo Ball. I think he is one of the most overated players in this years draft. I also think the same thing about Monk who many have the Sixers have taking at #3 so this is not about my hating on the Lakers and Ball. The Lakers locker room is already shit and LAVAR Ball is going to be a problem. Sure he is not on the team but this dumb ass does not know how to shut up and sooner or later he is going to call out the Lakers or a player on that team for Lonzo shortcoming. He is going to be a bigger distraction when Russell did his bullshit. That is going to cost the Lakers games. They are not going to have to intentionally tank....they are going to suck anyway.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanking?

Yeah thank god the sixers never do that!

And most of the people here hated it. Enut called it a disgrace and most of us think that is the case. So whenever you are ready try to make a vaild point.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And most of the people here hated it. Enut called it a disgrace and most of us think that is the case. So whenever you are ready try to make a vaild point.

I can't say I hated it. I love having Embiid and Simmons.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I hated it. I love having Embiid and Simmons.

I do too but we were already bad enough where we did not need to take to be honest. Ironically getting Simmons was the only time tanking actually worked. We were not even going for Embiid the year we got him, I think we were targeting Wiggins.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all the important piece are ready to go this year I think we absolutely can make the playoffs. Just look at how the team started winning this past season when Embiid established himself; and that wasn't even playing every game. Saric then started to establish his presence once Embiid sat which will benefit him heading into this season. Richaun Holmes / Covington also came on strong in the 2nd half once Noel was traded. Add in a healthy Ben Simmons and either Jackson or Fox at 3 and we're obviously moving on up. The Lakers first in 2018 will be nice, but if the pieces already in place stay healthy and start clicking together we can make some noise.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New rumors are that Ball may be there at #3. Do we pick him, or trade the pick?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New rumors are that Ball may be there at #3. Do we pick him, or trade the pick?

None of these "rumors" mean diddily dick right now. We'll get a clearer picture as it gets closer to the draft.

That being said, I think if Jackson and Fultz go 1st and 2nd that we take Ball. I'm personally not a huge fan of his and like Fox/Smith over him, but I'm not a basketball expert so what the hell do I know?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Fox over Ball as a fit on this team. Ball is too much like Ben Simmons in that he's excellent in transition ... leading the break and finding the open guy for the score. We on the other hand need a player who can break people down in the half court game to compliment Simmons' transition game ... and that's where Fox will excel at the pro level. Ball is not nearly as good as Fox in regards to the one on one / half court game ... Fox is a lightning bolt who can burn you left or right and finish with floaters or dunks. What Ball will be much better than Fox at will be burying the open 3's ... I know he has the quirky, windup jumper, but Ball has range and accuracy on that shot. If paired with Simmons he be on the receiving end of many assists from Simmons on long range open shots.

I can see either player finding their role on the Sixers, but I think Fox has the higher pro upside while also being a better fit (also better Defensively). And I don't know how much anyone can take of Lavar Ball ... I just want to hit that guy over the head with a chair every time I hear an interview with him. So I hope the Lakers do take Ball and leave the Sixers with either Fox or Jackson to choose from.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd draft Fox, Smith, or Isaac in that order if Fultz and Jackson go 1-2. I'd be disappointed if we can't get Jackson at 3.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm conflicted on Ball. It might be a cool marriage between him and Simmons but players in the league are all ready gunning for Ball. His Dad put a TREMENDOUS target on his back.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My order of preference, FWIW, is:
Fultz
Jackson
Monk
Fox
Smith