• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - Sixers

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me after binge watching a bunch of college ball and vids this weekend :)

1.Fultz
*** Exactly what the Sixers need
2.Jackson
*** Super athletic with size and D
3.Fox
*** Once he refines his J, he will be a star imo
4.Ball
*** Jason Kiddish' with a better long range shot
5.Smith
*** Explosive and athletic, just needs to make better choices and improve consistency.
6.Isaac
*** Think Nerlens Noel with 3 point range
7.Monk
*** His outside shot would obviously come in handy, but the PG size scares me as a 2 Guard
8.Tatum
*** Some people are touting Tatum as high as Boston at #1 and while I think there is talent there, I don't see quickness or explosion with him to help translate to All Star level play at the next level. I see Shane Battier ... a player with a "nice" NBA career.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.Fultz
2.Jackson
3.Fox
4.Ball
5.Smith
*** Explosive and athletic, just needs to make better choices and improve consistency.
6.Isaac
7.Monk
*** His outside shot would obviously come in handy, but the PG size scares me as a 2 Guard
8.Tatum
*** Some people are touting Tatum as high as Boston at #1 and while I think there is talent there, I don't see quickness or explosion with him to help translate to All Star level play at the next level. I see Shane Battier ... a player with a "nice" NBA career.
Any chance the Celts would trade 1st pick to the Sixers? I would love to move up to get Fultz and I think we have more than enough resources to move up, but would Boston do it to adivision rival?

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston doesnt need more assets.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prior to the Isaiah Thomas injury, I'd say what I saw the Celtics needing most was an athletic 4 (Jonathan Issac) to pair up with Jaylen Brown at the 3 moving forward. So for the right price I could have seen a possible swap of picks with the Sixers at 3. Now however with Thomas possibly needing surgery, I think Fultz at 1 is going to be a given. I'm really starting to think though that Jonathan Isaac for us at 3 could possibly the an option ... kid's got a lot of potential and was under used at FSU.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1.Fultz
2.Jackson
3.Fox
4.Ball
5.Smith
6.Isaac
7.Monk
8.Tatum

I think you, as well as other posters in this thread, are underrating Ball a ton. IMO, he's easily the 2nd best prospect in this draft class and there's a chance he's the best prospect. He really is Jason Kiddish, but swap out defense for a better shot. He was super efficient, as well. To have him ranked over two athletes who can't really shoot seems odd to me. The NBA is full of guys like that. Yes, Jackson and Fox play good defense, which is nothing to ignore, but neither seem to have the overall offensive package (namely a good shot) to be a star. Lonzo does, and has great court vision and a sky high BBIQ to go with it.

If he's on the board at #3 I would take him regardless of fit or trade him for a ransom.

I also don't think Isaac is anything like Nerlens. I guess Markkanen isn't thought of as a top 5 prospect because he doesn't quite have the upside of Monk or Tatum or even Issac? He's more athletic than given credit for and is an excellent shooter for being a 7 footer. If he realistically can fall to #10, I'd love to trade with Sacramento to pick up Fox at 5 and Markkanen at 10. IMO, that would be much better for the team than staying put and taking Jackson at 3.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you, as well as other posters in this thread, are underrating Ball a ton. IMO, he's easily the 2nd best prospect in this draft class and there's a chance he's the best prospect. He really is Jason Kiddish, but swap out defense for a better shot. He was super efficient, as well. To have him ranked over two athletes who can't really shoot seems odd to me. The NBA is full of guys like that. Yes, Jackson and Fox play good defense, which is nothing to ignore, but neither seem to have the overall offensive package (namely a good shot) to be a star. Lonzo does, and has great court vision and a sky high BBIQ to go with it.

If he's on the board at #3 I would take him regardless of fit or trade him for a ransom.

I also don't think Isaac is anything like Nerlens. I guess Markkanen isn't thought of as a top 5 prospect because he doesn't quite have the upside of Monk or Tatum or even Issac? He's more athletic than given credit for and is an excellent shooter for being a 7 footer. If he realistically can fall to #10, I'd love to trade with Sacramento to pick up Fox at 5 and Markkanen at 10. IMO, that would be much better for the team than staying put and taking Jackson at 3.

Ball doesn't have a mid range game and a bit like Allen Iverson in that he gets steals, but he gets taken off the dribble too easily. Doesn't mean I don't see him as a top prospect as I have him as the 4th best player, but he isn't without faults. As far as the Noel/Isaac comparison ... they have differences, but they also have similarities in that they are both similar sized, both athletic guys who can run the floor and they both can block some shots and play D. Isaac has a better Offensive game ... but I see similarities as pointed out. I'll do some more film work on Markkanen and tell ya what I see. I know he's a really good shooter, but I'll take a look at the rest of his game.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball doesn't have a mid range game and a bit like Allen Iverson in that he gets steals, but he gets taken off the dribble too easily. Doesn't mean I don't see him as a top prospect as I have him as the 4th best player, but he isn't without faults. As far as the Noel/Isaac comparison ... they have differences, but they also have similarities in that they are both similar sized, both athletic guys who can run the floor and they both can block some shots and play D. Isaac has a better Offensive game ... but I see similarities as pointed out. I'll do some more film work on Markkanen and tell ya what I see. I know he's a really good shooter, but I'll take a look at the rest of his game.

Let me say that I don't know Ball's mid-range shooting numbers, but I don't really care. The modern game is turning into shooting 3's or getting to the rim. Longer range 2's have very little value in today's game. Lonzo shot 73% on 2-pointers. If his mid-range game is bad, then it can't be all bad. He probably just doesn't value it, as he shouldn't. With his 3-point percentage, he can create good spacing, which the Sixers badly need. Josh Jackson and Fox can't do that. However, Lonzo's FT% is a bit troubling.

I understand your Isaac explanation, but don't really agree. Noel could run the court, but he couldn't do so by possessing the ball. He could run and finish, but that was about it. Isaac is much better with the ball in his hands (handles and shooting). And while he's good defensively, I'm not sure he can guard the low post. Him and Noel may both be undersized, but Isaac seems much more slim to me. Noel was able to guard the C position and Isaac is athletic enough to possibly guard the 3.

I'd love Isaac to be the pick, but am worried about fit with Saric (whom I'm not as high on as most people).

I am getting really worried about Jackson being the pick. His shooting really scares me. Now, he doesn't need the ball in his hands and may pair up well with the current roster, but he really needs to develop a shot.

I am leaning towards Fox being the pick if they stay at #3. He plays a position that the Sixers need and I think he has a better chance at developing a shot than Jackson.

I'd still do a trade with Sacramento for #5 and #10 if it means the team could come away with two of Isaac, Markkanen, or Monk (I hate that he sucks on D, but his offensive skillset matches up perfectly with the team). Heck, Fox might be there at 5.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colangelo.....No reason to have any hope.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched more on Markkanan ... imo he's a good pick and pop shooter at the next level as well as a really good shooter off the feed, but those are things I already knew. I wanted to see more of the rest of his game and the rest of his game did not impress me much. Off the dribble he goes left 80-90% of the time and he does not finish well. Most of the time he stops and tries to shoot over the defender (also always left which will make him easy to defend); the only time I see him go right is off the pick and pop where teams are running at him expecting him to shoot. Not a bad rebounder as he has pretty active feet down low, but he does not have a strong base, short arms for his height and gets taken off his spots quite easily. To me he's a role player off the bench as a stretch who will make his living with his J and there is always room on a team for a guy (especially with height) who can bury the outside shot.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to see more of the rest of his game and the rest of his game did not impress me much.
He's a 7-footer with good ball handling. That doesn't impress you?

Off the dribble he goes left 80-90% of the time and he does not finish well. Most of the time he stops and tries to shoot over the defender (also always left which will make him easy to defend)
Again, he's a 7-footer with a good vertical and quickness. Shooting over smaller defenders results in easy buckets. Maybe he doesn't have an elite wingspan and can be guarded by long PFs at the pro-level, but he's got plenty of athleticism to finish. He's the exact type of player that fits the modern NBA.

Pairing him with Embiid would be an absolute nightmare for most teams. The only issue is that it creates a conflict with Saric, but he's a much better shooter and defender than Saric.

IMO, he's only in play if the Sixers trade back, which probably won't happen. Personally, I'd rather they trade up for Fultz or back for a combo of Fox/Isaac and Markkanen/Monk/Ntilikina.

I guess it depends on if they can add someone like Lowry or maybe work out a deal with Portland for CJ McCollum. Still a lot of scenarios.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a 7-footer with good ball handling. That doesn't impress you?

Again, he's a 7-footer with a good vertical and quickness. Shooting over smaller defenders results in easy buckets. Maybe he doesn't have an elite wingspan and can be guarded by long PFs at the pro-level, but he's got plenty of athleticism to finish. He's the exact type of player that fits the modern NBA.

Pairing him with Embiid would be an absolute nightmare for most teams. The only issue is that it creates a conflict with Saric, but he's a much better shooter and defender than Saric.

IMO, he's only in play if the Sixers trade back, which probably won't happen. Personally, I'd rather they trade up for Fultz or back for a combo of Fox/Isaac and Markkanen/Monk/Ntilikina.

I guess it depends on if they can add someone like Lowry or maybe work out a deal with Portland for CJ McCollum. Still a lot of scenarios.

I don't see him as being a "good" ball handler (just my opinion, we can disagree on it). He's ok for a 7 footer, but he can only go left when trying to drive and he has to pick up his dribble too often prior to getting to the cup because he's not a finisher; that to me isn't good ball handling. Again, his shooting is a great plus and would absolutely be a plus being on the receiving end of Embiid passes from the post out of double teams or on the end of Simmons kick outs ... I'm not disagreeing on him being a "fit" on this team. As an all around player at the pro level though, I think his value is limited to being a tall marksman ... which there is nothing at all wrong with.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Lakers are trying to trade Russell at the draft? I can't imagine them drafting another point guard? That would aalso cut 20 millon off the books. Would any of you trade for Russelll? I know we discussed this 2 seasons ago.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Lakers are trying to trade Russell at the draft? I can't imagine them drafting another point guard? That would aalso cut 20 millon off the books. Would any of you trade for Russelll? I know we discussed this 2 seasons ago.

Not me.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be interested in trading for Russell, but not parting with any of the pieces the Lakers would ask for. That's Embiid, Simmons, the 3rd pick, LAL18, SAC19, and Covington. I'd be willing to part with one of Saric, PHI18, PHI19 and a couple other lower valued assets (Okafor, Holmes, OKC20, etc) and take back one contract not named Mozgov or Deng.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched more on Markkanan ... imo he's a good pick and pop shooter at the next level as well as a really good shooter off the feed, but those are things I already knew. I wanted to see more of the rest of his game and the rest of his game did not impress me much. Off the dribble he goes left 80-90% of the time and he does not finish well. Most of the time he stops and tries to shoot over the defender (also always left which will make him easy to defend); the only time I see him go right is off the pick and pop where teams are running at him expecting him to shoot. Not a bad rebounder as he has pretty active feet down low, but he does not have a strong base, short arms for his height and gets taken off his spots quite easily. To me he's a role player off the bench as a stretch who will make his living with his J and there is always room on a team for a guy (especially with height) who can bury the outside shot.

Yeah, I'm thinking Ryan Anderson with maybe room to improve on areas where Anderson falls short. A good player but I'm not using #3 on him.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read in several spots that Guard Dennis Smith is the guy the Sixers want ... now I see a blurb on rotoworld that the Sixers may trade down for either Fox or D Smith. That's the thing about this draft, we don't know what role the Sixers want Simmons to play. Smith can be an explosive scorer ... I'd have no problem with a trade down for him. I'm cool with any one of Jackson, Fox or Smith.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mostly concerned with Smith's size, not his skill. If we trade down, I doubt Fox will be there. If we do trade down, what would we pick up? Another mid-first round pick? Justin Jackson? Terrance Ferguson? I'd like to get Josh Hart in the 2nd round.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mostly concerned with Smith's size, not his skill. If we trade down, I doubt Fox will be there. If we do trade down, what would we pick up? Another mid-first round pick? Justin Jackson? Terrance Ferguson? I'd like to get Josh Hart in the 2nd round.

Probably down to 5 and get Sacramento's 5 and 10. Still get one of Smith or Fox at 5. Sac would take Jackson at 3.